Options

This pizza that I cooked earlier this afternoon

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    I'm sorry but it looks like a road accident to me.

Who puts sweetcorn on a pizza?! :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »

Sorry you feel that way about it. :cry:

If only these forums had a way of posting a slice of pizza or indeed any other foods for the other forum members to try. :p (I think you'd love the taste of it, even if you don't like the look of it. ;)).
  • Options
    whitecliffewhitecliffe Posts: 12,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry but it looks like someone has been sick!
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'd eat it.

I think your presentation needs a bit of help if you're appeal to a wider audience. Personally I don't mind too much, as I reason that it's going to look a mess inside me and not too great when it comes out the other end. As long as it tasted alright I'd be happy.
  • Options
    TouristaTourista Posts: 14,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    First try?.

Well done, and I love sweetcorn on a pizza.

Next time you'll know to spread the topping a bit more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sodavlac wrote: »
    Yes, I'd eat it.

I think your presentation needs a bit of help if you're appeal to a wider audience. Personally I don't mind too much, as I reason that it's going to look a mess inside me and not too great when it comes out the other end. As long as it tasted alright I'd be happy.
    I'm open to both positive and negative feedback on this topic, but thank you ever so much sodavlac, your comment on this has to be the best one yet so far! :kitty:
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member

It's a bit of a mess aesthetically. But, it may taste OK.

Eye candy, it isn't, but taste candy, maybe.
  • Options
    AndrueAndrue Posts: 23,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweetcorn needs spreading out more. Possibly too much cheese or else it needs spreading around more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tourista wrote: »
    First try?.

Well done, and I love sweetcorn on a pizza.

Next time you'll know to spread the topping a bit more.
    Thanks, honey! ^_^:kitty:
  • Options
    NightFox_DancerNightFox_Dancer Posts: 14,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm, well if I was stranded in the middle of the Sahara and that pizza was my only source of food...

I'd use it to feed a nearby camel. :D

Sorry! :blush:
  • Options
    David MillsDavid Mills Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think the rest of it looks ok but the sweetcorn is making my stomach queasy so I wouldn't eat it, sorry!
  • Options
    QT 3.14QT 3.14 Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you're going to be doing your own pizzas and have a garden, then build yourself a wood fired pizza oven. They're easy to build, easy to use and more importantly they're cheap to run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »
    Sweetcorn needs spreading out more. Possibly too much cheese or else it needs spreading around more.
    Thanks for the tip! ^_^
    jra wrote: »
    It's a bit of a mess aesthetically. But, it may taste OK.

Eye candy, it isn't, but taste candy, maybe.
    Thank you ever so much! ^_^ Would you like me to send you a slice via 1st class post so you can give a 100% opinion on it by tasting it too? (Just kidding. ;)).
  • Options
    cal4751cal4751 Posts: 996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Well for a first try I think you did O. K. Like some of the more positive posts about spreading the topping a bit more evenly, is a good idea. The base looks good, not over done. So good luck for the next one. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could I ask if you made the base yourself?
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Andrue wrote: »

Agreed. I love pizza.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could I ask if you made the base yourself?
    Erm no, I didn't make the base, I bought it. :blush: (Call me at cheat if you want. :().
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It looks pretty bad. It doesn't appear you've put on the ingredients in the right order on the pizza base. The sauce looks inconsistent and it just looks like a bit of a pile up, like you've poured the toppings out of a jar in the middle of the pizza base and then they've all poured out from a central point.
  • Options
    GirthGirth Posts: 12,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mean to be rude, but it does look a bit like a burst zit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Erm no, I didn't make the base, I bought it. :blush: (Call me at cheat if you want. :().

No worries, it's just that it looked a bit like a cookie when I first saw it. It doesn't resemble what I would think of as pizza, but good effort! ;-)
  • Options
    TrollHunterTrollHunter Posts: 12,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

You fraud!! :D

The edges look a little bit lonely. They need covering with some of that cheese and sweetcorn. I'd eat it.
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the tip! ^_^

Thank you ever so much! ^_^ Would you like me to send you a slice via 1st class post so you can give a 100% opinion on it by tasting it too? (Just kidding. ;)).

I'll have a virtual slice. Thank you.

Food is as much about presentation, as it is about taste.

That is partly what separates a good chef from a bog standard chef.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Classic home made pizza mistakes if you dont mind my saying so.

Cheese should have been evenly distributed around the top, then other toppings scattered across. You have left too much of the crust and the sauce uncovered resulting in burnt tomato puree, not a good flavour. You should have drizzled a little oil on the rim of the pizza.

Base looks way too thick as well and you will probably have quite a bready meal if that is a pre made (shop bought) base.

However, I love pizza, despite the fact that we dont eat bread anymore and that I cant actually eat pizza due to being ill and I would just gobble it up nevertheless.
  • Options
    indianwellsindianwells Posts: 12,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It looks ok for a first attempt. Try this. Buy a thin pizza base, make up a basic tomato sauce, spread sparingly to within about 1cm of the edge. Now slice some mozzarella and randomly put it it on (not too much though). Now rip up a few basil leaves and scatter them on and finally I always grate some parmesan over the whole thing. I also pre-heat my oven to the highest setting for half an hour with a pizza stone in it. Then I bung the pizza in for exactly 9 minutes. Ovens vary so check after 8-9 minutes in case it needs a bit more. When it's ready I drizzle just a bit of olive oil over the top.
  • Options
    tiacattiacat Posts: 22,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see from your other posts that it is indeed a shop bought base. I know my pizzas!