Options

News At Ten Tonight: Boyle threatened to leave BGT!!!

Comments

• Options
    rapier999rapier999 Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thanks for making me nearly pill drink all over the laptop

:D:D:D:D:D

Sorry ;)
  • Options
    TanequilTanequil Posts: 367,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so has she quit or not?

Not a chance, she was never going to I believe that story was put forward by Morgan to back the pressure angle and cover up her reported bad behaviour.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    so has she quit or not?

No, of course not. She has too much to lose by walking away. The whole thing is an interminable publicity drive to get BGT on every front page and drive up the vote for SB.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    Learning difficulties are very complex and varied and SB must be finding it really, really difficult.:cry:

A lot of people have learning difficulties, this does not give her the right to be rude (if the stories are true, wouldn't know as I wasn't there)

and if she is finding it to hard to cope and HAS got learning disabilities (don't know if she has as I don't know her) why go on the biggest talent show in Britain if she has.
  • Options
    Margo ChanningMargo Channing Posts: 5,240
    Forum Member
    fairy nuff thanks for responding
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 47,964
    Forum Member
    marianner wrote: »
    She was on one of tomorrows front pages on the Sky news newspaper report.
    "I quit"
    Daily Star headline!
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Mandark wrote: »
    Daily Star headline!

Doesn't count!
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rapier999 wrote: »
    Sorry ;)

no worries:D
  • Options
    jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Susan Boyle has done nothing for the credibility of this country! She's entered a talent competition (as have thousands of others) and got through to the final! Well done for getting through to the final, but it's not as if she's actually won the thing! She didn't even create the hype - that was the media!

It's not that people can't stand to see someone being successful - it's that they can't stand seeing the ridiculous hype over someone who isn't even that talented! It's a celebration of mediocrity!

Excellent post. Agreed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kezkt26 wrote: »
    A lot of people have learning difficulties, this does not give her the right to be rude (if the stories are true, wouldn't know as I wasn't there)

and if she is finding it to hard to cope and HAS got learning disabilities (don't know if she has as I don't know her) why go on the biggest talent show in Britain if she has.

Ive said this in my numerous threads about her but seem to attract criticism for mentioning it. It just makes me more determined to continue giving my opinion.
  • Options
    NaughtyNanNaughtyNan Posts: 9,445
    Forum Member
    From what i gather she is thinking she can do anything now as America wants her, she is going to turn down the queen and play for Obama's. :D
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Susan Boyle has done nothing for the credibility of this country! She's entered a talent competition (as have thousands of others) and got through to the final! Well done for getting through to the final, but it's not as if she's actually won the thing! She didn't even create the hype - that was the media!

It's not that people can't stand to see someone being successful - it's that they can't stand seeing the ridiculous hype over someone who isn't even that talented! It's a celebration of mediocrity!

Well I'm sorry but I don't agree. Susan Boyle is talented but some people can't stand to see and older person who isn't sexually attractive do well. Sour, sour grapes. Will you all be happy when she walks out and you've got you're own way?

It's amazing. We produce someone who everyone around the world wants to know more about , and what do we do?- hound them out of the competition. I don't feel very proud to be British......:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ive said this in my numerous threads about her but seem to attract criticism for mentioning it. It just makes me more determined to continue giving my opinion.

people like to criticize common sense :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member

What?? just becuase she has learning difficulties does that mean she is not entitled to enter Britians biggest talent show? As for pressure, how would she know how she would handle it until she is put in that position (Unless she is also psychic, with which the fornicating Piers Morgan may next want you to believe. Im sure he may claim she is the direct descendant of christ next!!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm sorry but I don't agree. Susan Boyle is talented but some people can't stand to see and older person who isn't sexually attractive do well. Sour, sour grapes. Will you all be happy when she walks out and you've got you're own way?

It's amazing. We produce someone who everyone around the world wants to know more about , and what do we do?- hound them out of the competition. I don't feel very proud to be British......:(

The same way the world wanted to see The Elephant Man 100 yrs ago. Lets face it if she hadn't been a bit odd looking in the auditions,who would give a sh*t?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Harris1978 wrote: »
    What?? just becuase she has learning difficulties does that mean she is not entitled to enter Britians biggest talent show? As for pressure, how would she know how she would handle it until she is put in that position (Unless she is also psychic, with which the fornicating Piers Morgan may next want you to believe. Im sure he may claim she is the direct descendant of christ next!!)

you read my post wrong,

I meant to say if she has difficulty coping in stressful situations why go on a talent show,

nothing to do with her learning difficulties

should have clarified sorry.

Edit: about the pressure part, what was she expecting, not like it'sa new show.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    The same way the world wanted to see The Elephant Man 100 yrs ago. Lets face it if she hadn't been a bit odd looking in the auditions,who would give a sh*t?

Let`s face it, there were lots of odd looking people in the auditions ........ wonder why SB stood out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 343
    Forum Member
    No worries Kez, all understood.

It seems Susan Boyle is the human equivalent of Marmite, you either love her or hate her, and im starting to fall into the latter category i must admit!!

I think the meek and mild portrayal of her in the auditions is starting to unravel and the PR machine from BGT has there work cut out. But i guess if anybody knows how it works and to try and turn it around it would be Piers Morgan, who made a bloody good living cutting people like Susan Boyle down to size for a good few years whilst working for the papers etc!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could read them to you if you've got 5 mins Tiss ;)

5 mins :eek: you`re having a laugh :eek:

Heard through the grapevine it would take 5 days to get through all your threads about SB ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No - only for people like you who can't stand her. I'd like to hear her again . I think she has a good voice and I'd like to hear her sing again.
  • Options
    DaewosDaewos Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member

RS - it is not that simple to say that it is sour grapes. The simple fact is that while to some she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, others simply cannot see what all the fuss is about. To some she is an average singer who is being hyped far past her actual ability and say so. Age and looks are not important, if she sounded as good as some think nobody would care.

Look at the media and point the finger of blame where it belongs for creating the frenzy and then turning on her. Look at the producers and ask them where was the support she clearly needed when the frenzy started. They are the ones to blame, as at the end of the day the views of a few hundred people on this site mean nothing. I somehow doubt that Susan is overly concerned about my views on her talent.

It is really simple, she will be there on Saturday, she will win and go on to make an album, AJ will post loads of messages telling us how we should be ashamed of ever daring thinking she is less than magnificent and the rest of us will move to the BB forum to start bitching all over again about something else! And then after that X Factor and so on and on and on;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

It seems Susan Boyle is the human equivalent of Marmite, you either love her or hate her, and im starting to fall into the latter category i must admit!!

I think the meek and mild portrayal of her in the auditions is starting to unravel and the PR machine from BGT has there work cut out. But i guess if anybody knows how it works and to try and turn it around it would be Piers Morgan, who made a bloody good living cutting people like Susan Boyle down to size for a good few years whilst working for the papers etc!!

I didnt think she came over meek and mild even then, especially after her hip swivelling comments.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the meek and mild portrayal of her in the auditions is starting to unravel
    and the PR machine from BGT has there work cut out. But i guess if anybody knows how it works and to try and turn it around it would be Piers Morgan, who made a bloody good living cutting people like Susan Boyle down to size for a good few years whilst working for the papers etc!!

Do you actually have any understanding of people with learning disabilities and possibly mild autism? She is obviously not socially clued up like most of us. Even for well adjusted socially normal people, being thrust into the spotlight is an enormous pressure - for someone like Susan it's probably unbearable.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - only for people like you who can't stand her. I'd like to hear her again . I think she has a good voice and I'd like to hear her sing again.

I have never said i couldn't stand her. I just find it sad that all this bullsh*t hype around her was generated because she was considered rather odd. I have always said that i do not rate her voice and that if she was considered attractive then nobody would give 2 sh*ts about her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Daewos wrote: »
    RS - it is not that simple to say that it is sour grapes. The simple fact is that while to some she is the greatest thing since sliced bread, others simply cannot see what all the fuss is about. To some she is an average singer who is being hyped far past her actual ability and say so. Age and looks are not important, if she sounded as good as some think nobody would care.

Look at the media and point the finger of blame where it belongs for creating the frenzy and then turning on her. Look at the producers and ask them where was the support she clearly needed when the frenzy started. They are the ones to blame, as at the end of the day the views of a few hundred people on this site mean nothing. I somehow doubt that Susan is overly concerned about my views on her talent.

It is really simple, she will be there on Saturday, she will win and go on to make an album, AJ will post loads of messages telling us how we should be ashamed of ever daring thinking she is less than magnificent and the rest of us will move to the BB forum to start bitching all over again about something else! And then after that X Factor and so on and on and on;)

I can't wait. See you there.