• NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    South Park >>>>
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    woot_whoo wrote: »
    Sky One sneakily mix old episodes in with new on their evening showings, and my heart always drops when I see the 'new' style opening credits, because it is almost guaranteed to be a disaster. There was an episode on yesterday which made my jaw drop with how bizarre and tasteless it was. It involved Bart dating a teenage girl who flashed her breasts at him and then began a secret relationship with him. What on earth were they thinking? Have they so run out of ideas that Bart is now a angst-ridden teen trapped in a ten year old's body? It was sick, sleazy garbage. Now sick and sleazy is something Family Guy can pull off because of its demographic, style and timeslot. The Simpsons is constrained, and so comes off as Family Guy for kids: lamely trying to be edgy but failing.

Sounds terrible, Simpsons first 10 seasons are fantastic
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    djfunnyman wrote: »
    Sounds terrible, Simpsons first 10 seasons are fantastic

You'll never hear me disagreeing with this! Same with South Park the early stuff was flawless but the up-to-date stuff is garbage!

In answer to the OP's question its defo's The Simpsons, I cant stand Family Guy or American Dad!
  • djfunnymandjfunnyman Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You'll never hear me disagreeing with this! Same with South Park the early stuff was flawless but the up-to-date stuff is garbage!

In answer to the OP's question its defo's The Simpsons, I cant stand Family Guy or American Dad!

I've never really got into South Park myself
  • Mr Master XMr Master X Posts: 746
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ALL the shows have fallen into the trap Simpsons fell into, were after so many seasons any characters uniqueness and personality has been washed away, and their personality is "whatever the episode requires". It's really poor characterization.

Family guy is hit and miss for me. It was better early on, but they often hit quite a few good/excellent ones still, too. The latest season improved until those last few episodes, which were truly absolutely dreadful. If it's a Stewie/Brian episode (hopefully sci-fi in some way) then it gets thumbs up for me. I think the Simpsons crossover will be great,since it will likely have extra work done on it.

Futurama was great until the comeback. Now every episode is "love or hate". This final one has had quite a few good episodes in it. I would like it to come back for one last hour special (maybe a riff on DC Crisis) and give it a proper ending.

Only watched a few Cleveland Show episodes. Will likely just bulk watch them since it's now finished.

Only watched one Archer and thought it was dreadful.

Only watched first few seasons of South Park, but it was too sick for the rest of my family, so it got stopped being watched.

American Dad is still "good". Some of the episodes this episode have, to be honest, been a little distressing. In my mind, there's "a line" that occasionally FG/AD cross and it just completely puts me off them. It's like "that's too vile, how can they think anyone would laugh at THAT?" Still, it has plenty of great episodes, but this show is nothing compared to what it used to be. I hear there's a Invasion episode coming up with Roger's race. Should be great, but can't help feeling they should have done like they did with the hurricane story, and had it crossover to the other two shows.

My favorite at the moment though is Bob's Burgers. I don't think there's been even one dud episode. I hear it's by those that do Archer,so who knows,maybe we should go back and give Archer another try?
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh, forgot about Bob's Burgers!

Bob is voiced by Archer, who is also Carl in FG.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    shaggy_x wrote: »
    Just watching a FG ep on BBC3 right now, it's the latest series. Where do they get these story lines from? Feels more like a 'serious' sitcom these days rather than a cartoon.
    Manatees choose the idea balls
  • nuttytiggernuttytigger Posts: 14,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

They do indeed.
  • shaggy_xshaggy_x Posts: 3,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »

South Park was spot on :)
  • NicolaClareNicolaClare Posts: 488
    Forum Member
    Unfortunately it will always be The Simpsons for me. Family Guy a close second thpugh
  • abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Family Guy is the number one cartoon for me, and I watch it most nights, even if I've already watched the episode recently.

American Dad comes a close second and seems to have improved over time.

I still watch The Simpsons, but that's probably out of habit rather than anything else.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Unfortunately it will always be The Simpsons for me. Family Guy a close second thpugh

The Simpsons is one of the worst animations on televisions. It's a shame, because it used to be the best thing on television.
  • bramley29bramley29 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Simpsons
    South Park
    King of the Hill
    Beavis and Butthead
    Family Guy
    Futurama
    Wait till your father gets home

and way, way down the list American Dad
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyond just the three mentioned in the thread title:

1.King of the Hill
    2.American Dad
    3.Futurama
    4.South Park
    5.The rest: Family Guy I'll watch if there's nothing else on, same with The Cleveland Show and Archer. The Simpsons doesn't even register on my radar anymore.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Based on current material (past five years):

1. Family Guy
    2. The Simpsons
    3. American Dad

But if you look at the program as a whole, The Simpsons when it was at its peak is still fresh, exciting and funny to watch today. The fact that the mobile games like Tapped Out are so popular speaks volumes, because they're stripping it down to its bare-bones, which was a perfectly caricatured small American town with memorable characters.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How can anything compete with this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6n7O5U_WBY
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    Sky One sneakily mix old episodes in with new on their evening showings, and my heart always drops when I see the 'new' style opening credits, because it is almost guaranteed to be a disaster. There was an episode on yesterday which made my jaw drop with how bizarre and tasteless it was. It involved Bart dating a teenage girl who flashed her breasts at him and then began a secret relationship with him. What on earth were they thinking? Have they so run out of ideas that Bart is now a angst-ridden teen trapped in a ten year old's body? It was sick, sleazy garbage. Now sick and sleazy is something Family Guy can pull off because of its demographic, style and timeslot. The Simpsons is constrained, and so comes off as Family Guy for kids: lamely trying to be edgy but failing.

Unlike South Park, the MacFarlane Shows, Archer, etc., the Simpsons was always intended as a show both kids and adults could watch. Which is why the
    stuff you've mentioned doesn't really belong in
    Springfield -it's not PG material.
  • JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    ags_rule wrote: »
    The fact that the mobile games like Tapped Out are so popular speaks volumes, because they're stripping it down to its bare-bones, which was a perfectly caricatured small American town with memorable characters.
    Ugh, so frustrating seeing adverts for that game all the time on Facebook. My phone is an old model, not compatible with modern apps. If it was a Facebook game, I'd play it.
  • missemmerdale22missemmerdale22 Posts: 710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like all three but if i had to pick the Simpsons.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How can anything compete with this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6n7O5U_WBY

Easily! :p

I was expecting that link to be Family Guy's Peter singing along to "Surfin' Bird", ha ha!
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe Family Guy did a story of them going into space for one of them to save the day ... Watching re runs of another cartoon Seth? Not the first time either.
  • woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    I couldn't believe Family Guy did a story of them going into space for one of them to save the day ... Watching re runs of another cartoon Seth? Not the first time either.

Seth McFarlane hasn't written an episode since the first of Season 4.
  • DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seth McFarlane hasn't written an episode since the first of Season 4.

My bad :) He is producer though right? I am sure he must through in ideas from time to time?