Options

The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 42)

Comments

• Options
    Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sorry WTF! Why is Rebecca Ferguson at #2 geez... some people are re-buying her album for the sake of 5 new songs. Yet an incredible album like Glassheart has slipped to #5

I really hope tonight she can perhaps perform something from the album. Fireflies would sound incredible. I really hope she's not too sick to perform :(

Y'all do know she's apparently singing twice tonight..?
  • Options
    poker_faceLeonapoker_faceLeona Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Sorry WTF! Why is Rebecca Ferguson at #2 geez... some people are re-buying her album for the sake of 5 new songs. Yet an incredible album like Glassheart has slipped to #5

I really hope tonight she can perhaps perform something from the album. Fireflies would sound incredible. I really hope she's not too sick to perform :(

I think she may perform with other artists.
    Maybe the title song or so.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rebecca's album is unbelievable perhaps a lot of people buying it now never bought it the first time around rather than re-buying it for 5 additional tracks as you suggest... On another note, there are a number of artists that have had huge debut albums, less successful follow ups and under performing third albums. Examples include James Blunt and Mika. I hope Leona doesn't follow in their footsteps. But I have faith, SYCO just need to ensure she has single after single no stupid 6 month gaps like we've had in the past.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She looks fantastic on This Morning.

Eamonn Holmes is such a dick for bringing up the attack. He's always saying stuff he shouldn't. I remember when he was talking to Salma Hayek and she said she was Lebanese and he thought she said lesbian lmao!

The performance was great for being sick... that was quite a close-up btw haha
  • Options
    EnvoirmentEnvoirment Posts: 9,486
    Forum Member
    She looked and sounded amazing on This Morning! You could tell she was a bit ill though. I hope she rests her voice, wraps a scarf around her neck and drinks something nice a warm to prepare herself for later tonight :) If she is performing "Fireflies" I would be slightly worried, as she'll have to hit multiple F5s and a couple F#5s at the end of the song and being ill will make it difficult.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment the only site she's holding Jake off #1 is with Amazon :(

I really do hope she gets to perform something like Fireflies. May be unlikely, but hopefully it's wishful thinking :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    keep an eye on the make up artist's twitter.
    she might have some info.
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really loved that performance today, and to be honest, I would not have know that she felt ill. She really pulls off great performances. I remember on XF when she completely lost her voice and still stunned with IWALY.
    Hope she is OK for the performance tonight. It said in my paper she will be singing Run.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any exterminators in the house? I have a Bugg problem :(
  • Options
    IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Trouble #19 and #29 :) (#20 and #32 before this update)
  • Options
    CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed Leona because of my interview. Will have to catch up on ITV player unless they do one of those mini catch up with her on it :D
  • Options
    SoeplepelSoeplepel Posts: 24,983
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Toy_Hero wrote: »

Sure about that?

And, if Leona re-released her album with 5 new songs, I'd buy it too though ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Imagine if after she sings "Run", Spirit has a huge surge and ends up going top 10. Wouldn't be hard with such low sales! I think it could return to the top 40 though :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GH deluxe #5, standard #18 (standard climbing from #21)

On Irish itunes, GH #7 (was out of top10 yesterday)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fireflies is such a huge song.

It's an anthem.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    GH deluxe #5, standard #18 (standard climbing from #21)

On Irish itunes, GH #7 (was out of top10 yesterday)

This Morning seems to have helped it out! Hopefully she'll kill it later (which I'm sure she will). I really hope she does "Run" at one part of the show, then later does "Fireflies" or the other way round, so she has a break between the two songs I think that would work best (IF she is performing "Fireflies" too).
  • Options
    NewDayNewDay Posts: 626
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leona's 'original' trouble is at number 29 on iTunes. I wonder if it'll overtake the rap version?
  • Options
    LeonaGlassHeartLeonaGlassHeart Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    I would rather her sing Fingerprint then Fireflies i find myself skipping FF it bores me i dont understand the love for it :confused: and it best not be 2nd single or this era really is over
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Soeplepel wrote: »
    Sure about that?

And, if Leona re-released her album with 5 new songs, I'd buy it too though ;)

Someone posted Leona's make up artist ( I think ) tweet saying she was performing twice
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, listening to glassheart(song) again and it shocks me everytime how good the song is :eek:.lol

I think the opening riff has something very significant like the one from Bleeding Love.
    You know, when people hear the beginning of the song, they scream and get on the dancefloor. LOL
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trouble combined is #11.
  • Options
    Laura_xLaura_x Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AM BACK! :D

Ok, I know i said i was going to stay off here unti next week, But its been 2 days now and i miss you all :( So am back!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    To prepare you for tonight.

A forgotten performance of Run from Popstars 2009.

http://www.wat.tv/video/leona-lewis-run-popstars-allemagne-1z70c_2ey03_.html
  • Options
    fallendancerfallendancer Posts: 6,246
    Forum Member
    Laura_x wrote: »
    AM BACK! :D

Ok, I know i said i was going to stay off here unti next week, But its been 2 days now and i miss you all :( So am back!

aaaw :p I missed you so bad. It was hard for me to read those comments with knowledge I won't see any funny one of yours. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To prepare you for tonight.

A forgotten performance of Run from Popstars 2009.

http://www.wat.tv/video/leona-lewis-run-popstars-allemagne-1z70c_2ey03_.html

slayona
This discussion has been closed.