The Leona Lewis Appreciation Thread (Part 42)

Comments

• IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    gm3334 wrote: »
    ADJLEKJRSSD Just got both my Standard and Deluxe copies of Glassheart at once (one from Amazon, the other from MyPlay!)

2 weeks after shipping, 1 week after release, I can finally listen to every song (will be my first time hearing the studio version of everything except Trouble)! Brewing my tea right now, and getting the comfortable chair and speakers out, gonna be the best evening ever! :D

I envy you, I remember when I listened to it for the first time <3

Glassheart #30 and #61 :(
  • Toy_HeroToy_Hero Posts: 11,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ADJLEKJRSSD Just got both my Standard and Deluxe copies of Glassheart at once (one from Amazon, the other from MyPlay!)

2 weeks after shipping, 1 week after release, I can finally listen to every song (will be my first time hearing the studio version of everything except Trouble)! Brewing my tea right now, and getting the comfortable chair and speakers out, gonna be the best evening ever! :D

Ahh great. Give us your review of each song when you listen :p
  • spaceoddityspaceoddity Posts: 4,814
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah I'm so happy for you! Let us know what you think about every track :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hate seeing Glassheart fall so much. I really can't fathom how her fans have literally disappeared? Even after 3 years i'd have thought people would really anticipate her coming back :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I envy you, I remember when I listened to it for the first time <3

Glassheart #30 and #61 :(
    Toy_Hero wrote: »
    Ahh great. Give us your review of each song when you listen :p
    Ah I'm so happy for you! Let us know what you think about every track :D

Thank you for your kind words! As I will listen to the entire album through, it will be a bit until my first review, but I promise I will! :)

This is such a special moment, and I'm really glad to have this forum to share it with. You all are wonderful people, and I'm glad we're all here, with everything from serious discussion to the funniest jokes, to appreciate a treasured artist that we all love: Leona! :)
  • IluzionistaIluzionista Posts: 5,406
    Forum Member
    Thank you for your kind words! As I will listen to the entire album through, it will be a bit until my first review, but I promise I will! :)

This is such a special moment, and I'm really glad to have this forum to share it with. You all are wonderful people, and I'm glad we're all here, with everything from serious discussion to the funniest jokes, to appreciate a treasured artist that we all love: Leona! :)

Aaaaw, someone got all melty :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    snoinipO wrote: »
    Releasing a song like Fireflies isn't safe in my opinion. A safe choice would be one which radio are willing to play.

Radio dont seem willing to play anything of hers tbh i can't remember the last radio hit she had. Even the upbeat commercial with a capital C collide didn't get any AirPlay.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bentab123 wrote: »
    Radio dont seem willing to play anything of hers tbh i can't remember the last radio hit she had. Even the upbeat commercial with a capital C collide didn't get any AirPlay.

Her last full blown hit imo was Run. But I still think Happy was a hit. But still quite a while back
  • CrazyLoopCrazyLoop Posts: 31,148
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    megataff wrote: »
    Touche.....some peeps on here think they KNOW everything and how to create a nailed on hit - they don't...no one does!

Another great post amo1980! For some reason, it's just not 'cool' for a lot of todays younger gen (all members on here of that ilk obv excluded... :-) )

For example, my 17yr old daughter voted every week for Leona....but now she just refuses to listen to ANY of her records....I've managed to coax it out of her that it's because non of her mates like her...they all like the usual tits-out, legs akimbo 'artists' that are now the 'thing' :mad:

Top Post....all the knockers on here are really pissing me off. Saying you're just being realistic just doesn't wash with me...be 'realistic' on the General Music forum. I joined this forum AGES ago....because I like to hear appreciative things about Leona. I for one really appreciate how great this album is.... for ME!!

Don't give me this 'She wont get another album if she doesn't sell X-amount of albums...' crap... She has too many followers to just fade away forever, someone will always be willing to put her stuff out there.

As long as I can hear her lovely voice (on ANY label, big OR small, will do for me....)

Even people like Cassie, who was one of the original posters on here when I joined are sticking the knife in!! What is wrong with you all???

I've got a list of some of the detractors on here who've said that she's doomed with her last choice of single etc.... you may well prove to be right...but you may well be wrong too, ya NEVER know how it will definitely pan out.

If she goes on to have a big hit again with it...I would just LOVE to be able to shove your faces in a great big cow pat and say...."What was that you were you saying again...???"

<ban coming maybe, but tbh....I'm past caring with this lot of negative bozos on here lately :rolleyes: ....for now, I'm signing out of this forum for the first time in 4yrs....I'm off to listen to my favourite singer...and APPRECIATE what she's singing>

Keep up the good work all you regualar 'poitives' on here....you're proper Leona fans....
    Have to say I LOVE this post, says a lot of what I've been thinking and attempting to say :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collide wasn't necessarily radio friendly.
  • siwelanoelsiwelanoel Posts: 1,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the album after listening to it driving back and forth to a friends house all day. Don't care about sales figures anymore or whatever.

Good music is good music. It's Grammy quality. Especially if the standard is Rihanna's "Loud" as "worthy" of an Album of the Year nod.
  • TXLLFanTXLLFan Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    siwelanoel wrote: »
    Loving the album after listening to it driving back and forth to a friends house all day. Don't care about sales figures anymore or whatever.

Good music is good music. It's Grammy quality. Especially if the standard is Rihanna's "Loud" as "worthy" of an Album of the Year nod.

Totally agree. The music is interesting, diverse, catchy, and meaningful. I feel proud of Leona every time I listen to Glassheart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 384
    Forum Member
    Hey everyone! Missed you in my absence. Left for a few reasons; exams I have on atm, some negativity here and just overall stress. :p

Glassheart arrived in the mail yesterday!!!! Sounds amazing on full blast!! :D

I thought I would let you guys know, I am now enrolled at a college to study Graphic Design, which has gotten rid of a bunch of my stress.

I posted a picture of the cover art on fb, one of my friends started commenting about Xtina's new album... Had to roll my eyes...

Surprised about Fireflies being the second single. It's a big risk that could go either way... Staying positive!!! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Corrun wrote: »
    Hey everyone! Missed you in my absence. Left for a few reasons; exams I have on atm, some negativity here and just overall stress. :p

Glassheart arrived in the mail yesterday!!!! Sounds amazing on full blast!! :D

I thought I would let you guys know, I am now enrolled at a college to study Graphic Design, which has gotten rid of a bunch of my stress.

I posted a picture of the cover art on fb, one of my friends started commenting about Xtina's new album... Had to roll my eyes...

Surprised about Fireflies being the second single. It's a big risk that could go either way... Staying positive!!! :)

Well stranger, welcome back :p

Glad you've got your copy of Glassheart. Dunno if you're aware or not but the album only got to #3. Anyway, Fireflies second single let's hope for a great reception. I know a bit late, but a forum member had an awesome idea to coincide it with Suicide awareness which would have been fantastic, but unfortunely a bit late since the video is being shot tomorrow :eek::D

What tracks do you love from the album, where are your favourites?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    I listened to Fireflies a lot today to see how it sounded in the car. It nearly brought me to tears. I don't question its quality, but I don't think radio will give it a chance. I hope Leona can recreate the Run effect. It's better because this is her own song. If she doesn't, I hope she is still able to work with producers to create songs like these in the future because she may not be able to. I'm just going to say, I wouldn't place your bets on a third single as a way to justify this choice. It's very possible this is an IGY vs OMH situation. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Collide was not commercial with a capital C. It does not scream hit like Glassheart. It screams, "Leona, why are you auto tuned and going between two notes the whole time until a pretty good chorus with terrible lyrics?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "tonight TONIGHT"

<3 Piece Of Your Heart
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad you've got your copy of Glassheart. Dunno if you're aware or not but the album only got to #3. Anyway, Fireflies second single let's hope for a great reception. I know a bit late, but a forum member had an awesome idea to coincide it with Suicide awareness which would have been fantastic, but unfortunely a bit late since the video is being shot tomorrow :eek::D

When it hurts and LB "I will lay down next too you"
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

FL would be a perfect song for that !
  • BrokenArrowBrokenArrow Posts: 21,665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Collide wasn't necessarily radio friendly.

No it wasn't, it was club friendly.

But it was too clumsy for radio, lyrically it was terrible.
  • soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Aw, so happy for you, have a great time listening to this wonderful album. Let us know what you think when you have time to gather your thoughts.
  • VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    BTW The video isn't being filmed today. Her make up artists told someone on twitter yesterday that the day/date for the vido shoot hasn't been confirmed yet!:eek::confused:
This discussion has been closed.