Rebecca Ferguson's "Heaven" certified Platinum

Comments

• manderleymanderley Posts: 2,267
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca is returning to the U.S. in 3 weeks for a radio tour after fulfilling some European commitments. :)
  • imrightokimrightok Posts: 8,492
    Forum Member
    cubbie wrote: »
    I'm American & I helped contribute to that ranking yesterday, LOL. I learned of her very recently, and I know it shouldn't matter, but I hope she is as nice as she came across during her time on X Factor.

What drew me to Rebecca was how nice she appeared on the x factor, but seeing how she is on twitter with her followers hasn't changed my mind. Followers may get frustrated that she doesn't follow back or reply to their tweets, but IMO she has more interaction with her followers than many others do.
  • JordanC55JordanC55 Posts: 9,348
    Forum Member
    She's currently at #9 on the US Itunes album chart, so, you never know!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Album at #23 in U.S. chart. :)

http://www.examiner.com/article/rebecca-ferguson-s-heaven-album-no-23-u-s-debut-free-san-francisco-concert

Rebecca is returning to the U.S. in a couple of weeks for a radio tour, appearance on the Jay Leno show and the festival in San Francisco as mentioned in the linked article. This should help sales of the album. The radio tour had to be initially postponed due to Rebecca's injury.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rebecca was in Holland yesterday and Switzerland today as part of a short European promotional tour, I'm not sure of the rest of the schedule. She will be returning to the U.S. next week. Busy lady. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    It looks like the next single in the US is going to be Run Free. It has been added by 10 Urban AC stations yesterday, for a total of 11
    http://addboard.mediabase.com/SongAddHistory.asp?Sngcde=FERGRF&ob=1&format=XX
  • marinamaumarinamau Posts: 4,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chi wrote: »
    It looks like the next single in the US is going to be Run Free. It has been added by 10 Urban AC stations yesterday, for a total of 11
    http://addboard.mediabase.com/SongAddHistory.asp?Sngcde=FERGRF&ob=1&format=XX

Like too good too loose, why they don't release either teach me, shoulder or glitter and gold????:confused:
    Run free is one of the weaker songs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heaven has just been released in South Africa and I have attached this great review, albeit a bit OTT. ;)

http://www.citizen.co.za/citizen/content/en/citizen/cd-reviews?oid=289076&sn=Detail&pid=146826&Rebecca-Ferguson--%E2%80%93-Heaven---Passionate
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cubbie wrote: »
    I'm American & I helped contribute to that ranking yesterday, LOL. I learned of her very recently, and I know it shouldn't matter, but I hope she is as nice as she came across during her time on X Factor.

Definitely is a nice girl and a single mum too.
    In my opinion, her music is amazing and probably the most unique artist that has come out of the X Factor
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,450
    Forum Member
    marinamau wrote: »
    Like too good too loose, why they don't release either teach me, shoulder or glitter and gold????:confused:
    Run free is one of the weaker songs.

I have given up trying to guess labels motivations for picking singles :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Heaven at number 5 in todays album chart and Backtrack is number 15 in singles chart. :)
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    That's pretty good Manderley and I haven't even bought them, yet. I don't buy singles though. Well done to Rebecca.
  • lady*taralady*tara Posts: 19,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAPPY FOR HER,BUT STILL THINK SHE SHOULD BE A LOT HIGHER.soz caps
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    manderley wrote: »
    Heaven at number 5 in todays album chart and Backtrack is number 15 in singles chart. :)

Missed that, but it is great that even with little promotion (compared to that of olly, 1d or Cher Lloyd - I like them all too) she has had a really successful album run.
    Now I really hope her second is as good or better! She is really talented beyond her soulful tone.
  • HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chart News ‏@chartnews
    UK certifications (BPI): @RebeccaFMusic, Heaven 2x Platinum (600,000).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Chart News ‏@chartnews

That 's great. 2010 was truly a vintage year for the X factor.
  • Lewis26Lewis26 Posts: 1,435
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Throughly deserved! Whats curdles current sales figures? Have ALL the finalists and the 4th placed act all sold more than the "winner"?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hermanazo wrote: »
    Chart News ‏@chartnews

Thanks Hermanazo, you don't post very often these days but always bring good news. :)
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This album is just awesome
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is it just me that thinks Rebecca has underperformed a bit in the UK with the album? It's official sales are about 550K which is of course, great considering the climate but when you think that she's had two X-Factor performances, Britains Got Talent, Alan Carr and was released a year ago (in time for Xmas) and she's not actually sold enough to go double platinum yet, I just think it's a bit dissapointing. Plus two of her singles missed the top 100 and the other two went top 15 but plummeted out of the charts. And her success worldwide is very limited (album charting in the top 40 in most places but only sticking around for a few weeks).

When you consider that she's supposed to be an "albums artist" she should have sold alot more than just 550K.
  • AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Lewis26 wrote: »
    Throughly deserved! Whats curdles current sales figures? Have ALL the finalists and the 4th placed act all sold more than the "winner"?

They certainly have globally.
  • kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Is it just me that thinks Rebecca has underperformed a bit in the UK with the album? It's official sales are about 550K which is of course, great considering the climate but when you think that she's had two X-Factor performances, Britains Got Talent, Alan Carr and was released a year ago (in time for Xmas) and she's not actually sold enough to go double platinum yet, I just think it's a bit dissapointing. Plus two of her singles missed the top 100 and the other two went top 15 but plummeted out of the charts. And her success worldwide is very limited (album charting in the top 40 in most places but only sticking around for a few weeks).

When you consider that she's supposed to be an "albums artist" she should have sold alot more than just 550K.

Are you joking? 550k is ALOT for an album regardless of how much she's promoted.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you joking? 550k is ALOT for an album regardless of how much she's promoted.
    According to Chi's thread on sales figures etc. the estimated sales for Heaven are 578700.
  • michnickmichnick Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    so happy for her, love the album as well,shes a real talent
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Of course it's alot but i'm just saying that taking into account her promotion, genre and how long the album has been available you'd think she'd have at least sold 600K.