at least if little darlings fall, it is from a height;):D

One about the size of their heads I would say! :D
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abigail05 wrote: »
    One about the size of their heads I would say! :D

oh, they would be paragliding. and it would be to the tune of LWWY.;)
  • Options
    outof theparkoutof thepark Posts: 6,810
    Forum Member
    comment wrote: »
    He's allowed his opinion like everyone else even if it is very harsh!
    I agree but i doubt it was louis opinion he has no axe to grind as to who wins the show or not ..1d didnt so what does it matter to him..
    This was an instruction from the boss as far as i can see no choice in the matter ..i would actually be disappointed if this came from his own bat
  • Options
    Crabbie123Crabbie123 Posts: 8,478
    Forum Member
    I agree but i doubt it was louis opinion he has no axe to grind as to who wins the show or not ..1d didnt so what does it matter to him..
    This was an instruction from the boss as far as i can see no choice in the matter ..i would actually be disappointed if this came from his own bat

Louis allows himself to be used as the unofficial spokesman for Syco. I always thought that they were a really sweet bunch of lads (regardless of what I thought of their talent) - but I was not impressed by his tweet to Rebecca when she left Modest a few months ago. She was exhausted and needed a break, but Modest apparently wouldn't let up and she fired them tweeting about how vile they were. Louis waded into that argument on twitter too. He tweeted to Rebecca that you can only have success by working hard - inferring that she doesn't. That really struck me then as a warning from management, that things would get nasty - relayed through their 1D mouthpiece. With Chris, both 1D and Little Mix have been mobilised to bully a contestant that the show producers desperately don't want to win. Weirdly though, it is hardly likely that Little Mix and 1D fans are the fan base that would be voting for Chris, so all it achieves is to ensure that those that are voting for him get even more riled and vote harder. The whole attitude towards Chris by the show stinks, but if the tweets I saw last weekend are anything to go by, the strategy is backfiring big time. People who are not Chris' fans were saying they were voting for him now because they couldn't stand the bullying that was going on.
  • Options
    AwesomeGeorgeAwesomeGeorge Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    If this was Matt Cardle the same Louis defenders on here would be slaughtering him.

Nobody cares about Matt Cardle anymore.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There are always people around who want to slag him off..dont you worry;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LOL I stopped reading 'cos it was mainly Louis hate.

Come on, half the things people say on here are so much worse than what Louis' has said.
    please. and then to slag off Louis' vocals is laughable. Who's in the biggest band in the world atm? oh okay then ;)

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, just 'cos he's famous doesn't mean a thing.

I'm pretty sure my tweets about Christopher's lack of talent are a lot worse, ha!
  • Options
    Broken_ArrowBroken_Arrow Posts: 10,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's entitled to his opinion just as much as everyone else is. I'm no Christopher fan but in my opinion he has more vocal talent in his little finger than One Direction have between them.
  • Options
    BiancaLDNBiancaLDN Posts: 749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    polkadot19 wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5UQD61Tg3E

Ummmm. Why is Louis miming to Harry's singing? It looks AWFUL!

He should probably get his coat. Poor lamb.

That's absolutely HILARIOUS!:o
  • Options
    EvilredzebraEvilredzebra Posts: 16,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveBug_x wrote: »

Come on, half the things people say on here are so much worse than what Louis' has said.
    please. and then to slag off Louis' vocals is laughable. Who's in the biggest band in the world atm? oh okay then ;)

I'm pretty sure my tweets about Christopher's lack of talent are a lot worse, ha!

Who's in the biggest band in the world? Well, I think you could argue the case for anybody in Muse, Coldplay, The Killers, Rolling Stones, U2 etc. But I don't think you really could for somebody in an autotuned boyband targeting young teenage girls with bland and forgettable pop songs.

I think the reason this opinion grates with me - and any of the attacks launched on Christopher by other Syco puppets - is because any attack on another artist always strikes me as disrespectful, unprofessional and immature. It grates even more when it come from the least talented member of a fairly talentless bunch of boys who just happened to be in the right place at the right time and have faces that fit the marketing team's vision.
  • Options
    String9String9 Posts: 12,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get this rubbish about Louis being a syco mouthpiece. It's all speculation, but people are free to believe what they want.
    Also what difference would it make? 1D fans are not the ones voting for Chris, so how can Louis criticizing him affect his votes, if anything it will have an opposite effect.

Anyway, I don't agree with how the guy (Chris) is being treated on the show, but then there are at least 6/7 threads on this forum slagging him off, I don't see some of the people on here slagging off Louis Tomlinson defending him on those threads. A bit hypocritical really.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Who's in the biggest band in the world? Well, I think you could argue the case for anybody in Muse, Coldplay, The Killers, Rolling Stones, U2 etc. But I don't think you really could for somebody in an autotuned boyband targeting young teenage girls with bland and forgettable pop songs.

I think the reason this opinion grates with me - and any of the attacks launched on Christopher by other Syco puppets - is because any attack on another artist always strikes me as disrespectful, unprofessional and immature. It grates even more when it come from the least talented member of a fairly talentless bunch of boys who just happened to be in the right place at the right time and have faces that fit the marketing team's vision.

Totally agree.
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

ITA with this - those lads are extremely lucky that they were born into the Twitter generation because previously they would not have been free to even have their 'own opinions'.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Lolz!!!:D:D:cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LoveBug_x wrote: »

Biggest band in the world - are you being serious? Maybe with school girls - or those with serious issues. :eek:
  • Options
    TreewatcherTreewatcher Posts: 1,996
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Biggest band in the world - are you being serious? Maybe with school girls - or those with serious issues. :eek:

This is very true - they are just a marketeer's dream because they are easily moulded and manipulated. They might as well be shop-window mannekins - but hey, if they give some little gals some pleasure who am I to argue with that!
  • Options
    Super FrogSuper Frog Posts: 11,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Haha Louis is such a bitch. It must be something about the name.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I meant to say "right now."

But, yes right now they're the most successful boyband out there.

& school girls? ha. please.
  • Options
    twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Like them or loathe them RIGHT NOW they are the biggest band in the world and as I am not a school girl then according to you I must have serious issues which i think is a very dangerous generalisation.

In fact I am bloody tired of people thinking mature 1D fans must be perverts or mentally unstable or psycologically inmmature.

I am a grandmother and educated (to post degree level) and have a fabulous family and life but happen to like pop music and boy bands.

I have no problem with posters not liking my type of music after all I am sure I won't like some of yours but I take issue when it gets personal

If DS posters can't accept that then surely they need to have a look at themselves and see why they think this way

*rant over*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    Like them or loathe them RIGHT NOW they are the biggest band in the world and as I am not a school girl then according to you I must have serious issues which i think is a very dangerous generalisation.

In fact I am bloody tired of people thinking mature 1D fans must be perverts or mentally unstable or psycologically inmmature.

I am a grandmother and educated (to post degree level) and have a fabulous family and life but happen to like pop music and boy bands.

I have no problem with posters not liking my type of music after all I am sure I won't like some of yours but I take issue when it gets personal

If DS posters can't accept that then surely they need to have a look at themselves and see why they think this way

*rant over*

Well said.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think the poster left the "boy" out of boyband. 1 Direction are certainly the biggest boyband out there at the moment. Although I take issue with the word "band" in relation to them because by definition they should play instruments as well as sing to make them a band. They are the biggest group though, without a doubt.

I don't think Coldplay could be called a "boyband" :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    String9 wrote: »
    Well said.

+1.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fair enough. most of their fans are teenage girls.

why is it hard to accept that others more advanced in age can actually enjoy the boys' music?

life is too short to be so po-faced in terms of music... that's why there is pop and their kind of pop is up there with the best-- fun, sunny and infectious and at times, just what one needs amidst all the grim news and reality around us.:p:D:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Too be fair this thread is not about 1d postion in the music industry.. this thread is about what louis said on twitter about a current contestant in the x factor and peoples opinions on his opininons
    I dont see why it should descend into a battle of the bands or non-bands
    Hopefully this thread will not be de-railed i do like to see people stick to the subject;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Too be fair this thread is not about 1d postion in the music industry.. this thread is about what louis said on twitter about a current contestant in the x factor and peoples opinions on his opininons
    I dont see why it should descend into a battle of the bands or non-bands
    Hopefully this thread will not be de-railed i do like to see people stick to the subject;)

Well said. And Louis certainly is helping to reveal the cracks in the myth that they are lovely lads - which I certainly believed for a while. I still cannot believe that the least talented member of that talentless bunch of muppets could criticise a contestant with far more talent that him. He's actually throwing in the bin the only redeeming quality that they have - which is their cheesy niceness.