The Bill (Drama Pace)

Comments

• Ken TunKen Tun Posts: 1,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do you Know what series she comes into it?

She turns up this week or next. She already appears in the revised opening title sequence. Luke Ashton returns too.
  • Ray266Ray266 Posts: 3,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Drama don't edit the part where Gina & Luke go out on their first case to see a guy who is a gay basher coming up very soon if they don't edit it it's brill Gina leaves Luke shocked at what she does just to say the guy goes down like a sack of spuds:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Where did Boydens Homophobia come from, they have worked together ages and i dont remember him treating Gilmore like that before :confused:, i like the way Gilmore stood up to Boyden though
  • spookyLXspookyLX Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rhumble wrote: »
    Where did Boydens Homophobia come from, they have worked together ages and i dont remember him treating Gilmore like that before :confused:, i like the way Gilmore stood up to Boyden though

odd isinit I thought they had resolved their differences ages ago when they had that fight .

the homophobia comes out of nowhere
  • Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member

Same with Jim's attitude towards June i found very strange the blackmailing thing
    Forum Member
    Bonesy84 wrote: »
    Same with Jim's attitude towards June i found very strange the blackmailing thing

yeah, i found that odd as well, and the way she seemed to accept it without being really angry with him. I think Jim is capable of that kind of thing, but not towards June imo
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spookyLX wrote: »
    odd isinit I thought they had resolved their differences ages ago when they had that fight .
    Wasn't it Taviner he had the fight with in the alley outside the pub? My memory's not what it used to be.
  • MadsocksMadsocks Posts: 3,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So is Daniel Hayes a DI then? Because he was introduced as a DI, yet when he is talking to Des in the interview room, there are boxes behind him that say DCI Hayes. Has he magically got a promotion on the quiet since the other week? :-)
  • atgatg Posts: 4,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Simpson's comment after the search: "I don't know how you've done it but you have. You should be in the Magic Circle."
    Forum Member
    atg wrote: »
    Wasn't it Taviner he had the fight with in the alley outside the pub? My memory's not what it used to be.

yeah it was, i think
  • bloodynorabloodynora Posts: 843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeah it was, i think
    Yes it was after Special Constable Terry Knowles funeral, Boydon and Stamp threw buckets of water over them to break it up!
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Madsocks wrote: »
    So is Daniel Hayes a DI then? Because he was introduced as a DI, yet when he is talking to Des in the interview room, there are boxes behind him that say DCI Hayes. Has he magically got a promotion on the quiet since the other week? :-)

I think DI is sometimes used as shorthand for DCI
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Verence wrote: »
    I think DI is sometimes used as shorthand for DCI

But it's a completely different rank? A lower one at that!
  • david_leewarddavid_leeward Posts: 2,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ken Tun wrote: »
    She turns up this week or next. She already appears in the revised opening title sequence. Luke Ashton returns too.

Ooh yes PC Ashton. I remember him also haha. Can't quite remember many of his storylines apart from when what's his name walks in when he's in the shower
  • tubzy2001tubzy2001 Posts: 1,129
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I once remember Gina saying the D I's on the warpath and she was referring to Jack, weird
  • merrim01merrim01 Posts: 2,684
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The new DI after Alex Cullen is Sam Nixon, then DI Mansen I think. DI Nixon will be appearing soon I think?
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    merrim01 wrote: »
    The new DI after Alex Cullen is Sam Nixon, then DI Mansen I think. DI Nixon will be appearing soon I think?

Yes the senior officers are noticeably 'evened up'; in terms of gender around this time in The Bill.
    Previously the Superintendents, Chief Inspectors and Inspectors have all been male, with the exception of Insp. Frazer - then all of a sudden out goes Conway, Monroe and Cullen and in comes Gina Gold and Sam Nixon.
  • FreddiePFreddieP Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Is it this series that Smithy comes back? Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    FreddieP wrote: »
    Is it this series that Smithy comes back? Thanks.

Smithy returns in the next series, around 100 eps away.

I have to say hearing the number of cuts drama have made to the episodes i'm glad i've been watching the DVD box sets instead, i remember watching the live episode (349) when it was repeated on watch and it was so butchered that i stopped watching the repeats after that.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did Gary come into it, must of missed it? I can remember him exiting the bill but not coming into it. I always remember seeing him in shameless, what a different part to play
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When did Gary come into it, must of missed it? I can remember him exiting the bill but not coming into it. I always remember seeing him in shameless, what a different part to play

Gary Best should be in the current Drama series very soon, He is cleaning a police car then he is paired with Tony Stamp & thats where the Lee Dwyer story starts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray266 wrote: »
    Gary Best should be in the current Drama series very soon, He is cleaning a police car then he is paired with Tony Stamp & thats where the Lee Dwyer story starts.

He's already in it now. Just seen him. But cheers for reply
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Just caught a bit of the episode, I think the best of The Bill is now up till 2004 that's the reason I bought the box sets series 18 to 20 from Amazon a bit pricey yes but worth it if you like them, The episodes from series 20, 2004 Lynda Bellingham & Roberta Taylor are IMHO the best great acting from both of these ladies. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=miRLef45jKg
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member

He started yesterday.

So cute, he was in Atlantis last year, he's put a lot of muscle on.
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    That scene when Bradford was looming over Rickman about the drugs always creeped me out. That's when I started to suspect that Bradford wasn't all there.