Oscar Pistorius Trial Appeal

Comments

• maringarmaringar Posts: 6,737
    Forum Member
    porky42 wrote: »
    For anyone still not convinced that the police stole OP's watch....

From 30.00:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa7VBVeJ9LQ

Thanks Porky.
  • Chris_CliffordChris_Clifford Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    bootyache wrote: »
    Look, you know as well as I do that the police made a right hash of this crime scene. They are not going to admit to how much of a mess they made.

They did not prevent family members from going round the house either.

Still on the floor? :p

Did they tho? A police-officer picked up the gun without a protective glove on and Aimee shouldn't have been allowed onto the crime scene but neither of those failures have any impact on the duvet, the fans, the curtains, the ballistics, the position of OPs ipad, the gun holster, the cricket bat and all the other evidence that make OPs version impossible.
  • porky42porky42 Posts: 12,796
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did they tho? A police-officer picked up the gun without a protective glove on and Aimee shouldn't have been allowed onto the crime scene but neither of those failures have any impact on the duvet, the fans, the curtains, the ballistics, the position of OPs ipad, the gun holster, the cricket bat and all the other evidence that make OPs version impossible.

Really? Maybe less likely but not impossible. With the exception of the holes in the door all that stuff can be moved about and OP might or might not be accurate about where it was when he last saw it. Given the situation OP described I don't think I would place too much emphasis on what was exactly where.

Always said that the ballistics and bat would be a battle of the experts and as it turned out Bat man created more questions than he answered and Woolly brought many years of experience as an expert to bear on Mangena's version.
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Better to go back to the context of my post. ;-)

It was a huge big argument.

This big>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :cool: lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really? Maybe less likely but not impossible. With the exception of the holes in the door all that stuff can be moved about and OP might or might not be accurate about where it was when he last saw it. Given the situation OP described I don't think I would place too much emphasis on what was exactly where.

Always said that the ballistics and bat would be a battle of the experts and as it turned out Bat man created more questions than he answered and Woolly brought many years of experience as an expert to bear on Mangena's version.

Yes, Woollyyyyyyyyyyy brought a whole load of expertise in shitology.

But, it has to be accepted, he has got an ology.
  • curleys wifecurleys wife Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, Woollyyyyyyyyyyy brought a whole load of expertise in shitology.

But, it has to be accepted, he has got an ology.

Harsh! I think Wolmarans came across well. He knew his stuff and wasn't up for discrediting Mangena's findings-he just gave an alternative interpretation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Harsh! I think Wolmarans came across well. He knew his stuff and wasn't up for discrediting Mangena's findings-he just gave an alternative interpretation.

Tis a joke curley. ;-):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Wasn't he also in the police for ages? Like Dixon, also unfairly pilloried.
  • curleys wifecurleys wife Posts: 3,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes- Dixon was treated terribly by media/social media
  • Ian _ LIan _ L Posts: 1,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He said he'd forgotten. Where's the lie?

If Mrs Stipp forgets she held open a curtain then thats just forgetting. But for OP it has to be a lie. Hmmm

He 'forgot' alot on the stand didn't he? It turns out Zombiestopper is a well-known turn of phrase amongst that clique gun range shooting fraternity. He knew fine what it was, but his attitude seemed to be 'deny everything' Didn't take long to be rumbled as a liar.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bookcover wrote: »
    Mimicking Catherine Tate "Wot evvvuuurrrr"

Making an appearance on the Graham Norton show tonight for any insomniacs.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ian _ L wrote: »
    He 'forgot' alot on the stand didn't he? It turns out Zombiestopper is a well-known turn of phrase amongst that clique gun range shooting fraternity. He knew fine what it was, but his attitude seemed to be 'deny everything' Didn't take long to be rumbled as a liar.

Interesting. Where did you find this out?

I wonder if old Nel uses the term, as he has fired the same gun himself.
    Forum Member
    Hey, this argument started over your claims about the missing watch.

Rewind if you can bother to.

I don't mind if you don't want to. :)

No it didn't.
    Forum Member
    bookcover wrote: »
    What was the scene contaminated with? Ebola? :confused:
    With the above comment you are confused.really
  • IamtiredmiladyIamtiredmilady Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good post - I mean a watch ffs! I think op had hang-ups about the SA police pre-Feb 14th. It's wel known there were previous visits from plod to op

Thanks Ian.

According to porky and maringar I'm not seeing the bigger picture or recognising the watch's significance. I'm half expecting one of them to suggest it was actually the murder weapon or maybe it's the only one that OP can tell the time by?.

I'm sure OP had hang-ups about the police before the shooting and no doubt even bigger ones now that they dared to charge him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she on the PT?

'Woteva' was on DT - Roxanne She glared at Nel with 'woteva's
  • smackasmacka Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's the point in cherry picking anything?

The point is, the police messed up big time. And how much are they going to admit to?

And the missing watch does not prove anything either way.

I certainly agree the watch doesn't prove anything either way except that it was stolen, yet some people are insinuating that Oscar cared more about his watch than he did Reeva which to me is totally unfounded and unnecessary.

Bringing up the watch has however led onto other things, ie the video of Van Rensburgh, in which he states a couple of things.

"Everybody had to come to the garage, we body searched everyone and searched all the bags."

"We searched the whole house."

I take it then that he must have also searched Reevas bag?

I was under the impression that Oldwadge was on scene yet Van Rensburgh mentions Oscars lawyer by name and it doesn't sound like he's saying Oldwadge, maybe others with better hearing can confirm?

I did notice Nellie was quite amused when Rensburgh changed to speaking English.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maringar wrote: »
    No it didn't.

As far as it concerns me personally, oh yes it did.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Oh what a shame.

You make jokes about Nel all the time, but of course you are whiter than white, ain't ye?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smacka wrote: »
    I certainly agree the watch doesn't prove anything either way except that it was stolen, yet some people are insinuating that Oscar cared more about his watch than he did Reeva which to me is totally unfounded and unnecessary.

Bringing up the watch has however led onto other things, ie the video of Van Rensburgh, in which he states a couple of things.

"Everybody had to come to the garage, we body searched everyone and searched all the bags."

"We searched the whole house."

I take it then that he must have also searched Reevas bag?

I was under the impression that Oldwadge was on scene yet Van Rensburgh mentions Oscars lawyer by name and it doesn't sound like he's saying Oldwadge, maybe others with better hearing can confirm?

I did notice Nellie was quite amused when Rensburgh changed to speaking English.

Why would you assume that? :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. Where did you find this out?

I wonder if old Nel uses the term, as he has fired the same gun himself.

It was in an article I read during the trial about SA culture and guns. Zombiestopper is a term used when describing stopping black intruders with guns. It was mentioned in the article how op could possibly NOT be aware of the phrase. He knew fine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes- Dixon was treated terribly by media/social media

It's not surprising really.

To give expert opinion on things he's not expert in is asking for criticism. Just because he's a defence witness doesn't mean those who wish to support OP's version can't at least admit that Dixon made a fool of himself.

And it's simply not good enough for the defence in this case to put forward a expert in one field to claim to be able to answer the questions in fields they know nothing about.

It turned this very serious case into a farce IMO.

And the judge should have admonished him and the defence team for it.

I can't imagine any judge over here allowing such a disgraceful carry on.

So, feel sorry for Dixon if you want to, but it did nothing for OP's case and it was downright disrespectful to any court in my view.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was in an article I read during the trial about SA culture and guns. Zombiestopper waz a term used when describing stopping black intruders with guns. It was mentioned in the article how op could possibly NOT be aware of the phrase. He knew fine.

I read that somewhere too during the trial.
  • smackasmacka Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would you assume that? :confused:

Simply because he said he searched the whole house and all the bags, he didn't say except Reevas.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh what a shame.

You make jokes about Nel all the time, but of course you are whiter than white, ain't ye?

Yes I learned how to do it on this forum.
This discussion has been closed.