Is it time for an all new Pro Dance line up?

2»

Comments

• Mystical123Mystical123 Posts: 15,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am much more interested in watching any of the pros past or present than all of the so-called celebrities - except for Ramps and a couple of others.

This x1000! I don't really care about most of the celebs, but would definitely miss a fair few of the pros - Natalie, Pasha, Alijaz, Janette and Karen for definite, and probably Aliona, Tristan and Iveta too. Brendan and Ola would have also been on the list until this year.

And I still hugely miss some of the former pros: Vincent, Flavia, Ian, Matthew and Artem in particular.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    This x1000! I don't really care about most of the celebs, but would definitely miss a fair few of the pros - Natalie, Pasha, Alijaz, Janette and Karen for definite, and probably Aliona, Tristan and Iveta too. Brendan and Ola would have also been on the list until this year.

And I still hugely miss some of the former pros: Vincent, Flavia, Ian, Matthew and Artem in particular.

x10,000 !
  • Strictly_fanStrictly_fan Posts: 16,641
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How about having some of the DWTS pros next year. We have Tristan. Or bring back some of the old pros from previous series. The main thing is that Trent is back next year I'll be happy :p
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I think it's a nice balance - some old timers (so to speak) who are reliable and always there. It's likely Ola will go soon, and with James, Erin, Flavia and Vincent all leaving in the past couple of years there's only Brendan and Anton left in this category - as much as I can't bear Anton.
    It's also nice to have a couple of new ones every year to get to know. But not too many. Only two, three at most.

Presuming Ola leaves, I hope Anya returns to replace her and I hope Robin returns too - next year will be the series with more women?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,340
    Forum Member
    Generally speaking I like the pros and watch for them far more than the celebs. The biggest loss for me was Flavia and Vincent and the worst producers' decision was getting rid of Ian Waite on the main show (especially since they have failed to recruit a really tale male pro). Natalie, Iveta, Aliona and Kristina are my favourite females (and I'm currently warming to Janette). Aljaz, Tristan, Trent and Pasha are my favourite males (although I can see that Anton has his place on the show). I would love for them to bring Anya back when Ola leaves.

I have to warn people that if they get rid of Aljaz my flounce is going to be epic. Epic. (I mean, I'll carry on watching, of course, but life will essentially be meaningless).
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The only two I'd be desperate not to see leave are Aliona and Aljaz.

The newbies I want to stick around a bit longer are Janette and Trent.

Otherwise it wouldn't bother me.

I still miss Erin, Darren, Flavia, Matthew and Ian but you move on and bar Aliona and Aljaz, there's none in the current crop I like as much as those I still miss.
  • BMLisaBMLisa Posts: 15,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Generally speaking I like the pros and watch for them far more than the celebs. The biggest loss for me was Flavia and Vincent and the worst producers' decision was getting rid of Ian Waite on the main show (especially since they have failed to recruit a really tale male pro). Natalie, Iveta, Aliona and Kristina are my favourite females (and I'm currently warming to Janette). Aljaz, Tristan, Trent and Pasha are my favourite males (although I can see that Anton has his place on the show). I would love for them to bring Anya back when Ola leaves.

I have to warn people that if they get rid of Aljaz my flounce is going to be epic. Epic. (I mean, I'll carry on watching, of course, but life will essentially be meaningless).

I like all the same ones as you and agree about Anton.

I'll epically flounce with you if Aljaz goes. Or Aliona
  • BeausmumBeausmum Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    BadWigeon wrote: »
    I don't see any reason for the entire pro cast to be replaced when really only a couple have reached their sell by date, the majority are relatively recent recruits. I think the audience likes an element of familiarity too. I would be tempted to replace Brendan, Anton and Ola though.

I'm not a lover of Aliona either - sulky!
  • Lolly_Du_BekeLolly_Du_Beke Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Generally speaking I like the pros and watch for them far more than the celebs. The biggest loss for me was Flavia and Vincent and the worst producers' decision was getting rid of Ian Waite on the main show (especially since they have failed to recruit a really tale male pro)....

...I have to warn people that if they get rid of Aljaz my flounce is going to be epic. Epic. (I mean, I'll carry on watching, of course, but life will essentially be meaningless).

WARNING. If they get rid of Anton my life would be even more meaningless than yours and I would have no qualms about storming elstree.

I still haven't recovered from the loss of Erin, James, Vincent and Andrew Cuerden (yeah I know he was a one series wonder but he was BEAUTIFUL!)
    I also would echo your comments about Ian.

I like all but one of the current line up - Karen being the exception; she's just vile. And I wouldn't care so much if Trent went. Robin needs to come back though.
  • henrywilliams58henrywilliams58 Posts: 4,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I think people on this forum seriously over-estimate the popularity of the pro dancers. The only exception to the rule IME is Anton.

I doubt it. I certainly don't.

I am speaking for my own preferences and not for the ratings. I am not in the slightest bit interested in seeing celebrities (or anyone) doing something they are not established to be good at - if they are good at anything of course.

I might as well look at myself in the mirror.
  • Mr CellophaneMr Cellophane Posts: 2,505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xassy wrote: »
    I think people on this forum seriously over-estimate the popularity of the pro dancers. The only exception to the rule IME is Anton.

Of course there's no way to know for sure, as they are the silent majority, but I think you might be mistaken.

With audience figures in the multiple millions year on year, there must be a lot of folks who have been following the show for years, becoming very familiar with the regular pro's, which will often lead on to them having favourites.

When a new series starts I have no idea who most of the celebs. are, so I am much more invested in seeing my favourite pro's do well. I would think this would be true of many others too.
    (I was really torn this year when my absolute fave, Natalie, was paired with the most irritating man on TV!)

Just my take on the subject.
  • The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I don't dislike them but I do feel that Anton and Brendan are maybe due a replacement, though I wouldn't be sorry to see them reappear in some other connection to the show - like Ian Waite and Karen Hardy do on ITT. Same with Ola, who I suspect is in her last year anyway, now that James has been moved on. I wouldn't rush to change the others, though I'd love to have Vincent and Flavia back.
  • curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BMLisa wrote: »
    I like all the same ones as you and agree about Anton.

I'll epically flounce with you if Aljaz goes. Or Aliona

Me too .. there would be a lot of flouncing going on, it just better not happen oh I,d include Pasha I dont want him to leave.
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When I read the title I thought yeah great idea lets get rid of..........

Then I thought how selfish of me, get rid of all the pro dancers I dont like, including that new toothy blond Aussie bloke and make Strictly solely for the enjoyment of H77.

I have learnt to trust the Beeb in letting the pro dancer line up evolve organically, with the exception of toothy blonde Aussie blokes, and let's leave them to get on with it.

Oh course they should get rid of that toothy.... Etc ASAP.
  • Caramel CrunchCaramel Crunch Posts: 4,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd be happy to lose Anton, Ola & Janette to shake things up again.