Strictly Tour

strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi there.

I know the Strictly tour will sell out anyway but wanted to know does the winner of the TV show always appear on the tour?

I imagine there have been times when they haven't but just wondered if there could be any correlation between them wanting the winner of the TV show to ideally be on the tour?

Thanks in advance to those who know the history of the Strictly tour ;)

Comments

• Stuart25Stuart25 Posts: 12,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there.

I know the Strictly tour will sell out anyway but wanted to know does the winner of the TV show always appear on the tour?

I imagine there have been times when they haven't but just wondered if there could be any correlation between them wanting the winner of the TV show to ideally be on the tour?

The tour isn't run by the BBC, so they/the producers probably won't have any preference for the winning being on tour. I may be wrong, but Craig is in charge of the tour, so his marks may reflect his preferences.
  • strictlyliciousstrictlylicious Posts: 2,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stuart25 wrote: »
    The tour isn't run by the BBC, so they/the producers probably won't have any preference for the winning being on tour. I may be wrong, but Craig is in charge of the tour, so his marks may reflect his preferences.

Hi Stuart. Thanks. Who runs the tour then? Surely the Beeb are involved in some way if the show is their concept, no?
  • DamahepaDamahepa Posts: 14,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there.

I'm not sure the producers have much sway in who wins vs. who does the tour (for example, I don't know what would have happened if Kimberley had won season 10, as she was the only semi-finalist who didn't do the tour that year...) But I think talks for the celebs who sign up for the main show probably include their availability as to whether they can do the tour, and most of them probably say yes. I'd reckon that Jake and Sunetra might have an issue given their filming schedules, but of everyone else, Frankie was probably the most likely to be busy with her Saturday's commitments, but she's signed up, so I reckon, of those who remain, Mark, Pixie, Caroline and Simon are all available for the tour as well, so, barring a Jake win, the winner should be on tour, along with at least two other finalists and probably the semi finalist also.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    I think Alesha is the only reigning champion not to have taken place - she won in 2007 and the first tour was in 2008.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    I think Alesha is the only reigning champion not to have taken place - she won in 2007 and the first tour was in 2008.

Of the champions, Tom was the first reigning champion to take part. Darren, Jill and Mark also did the tours in 2008, 2009, 2010 respectively. Chris, Kara, Harry, Louis and Abbey then all did the tour in the year they won.

Matt, Rachel, Ricky, Matt, Chelsee, Denise, Natalie and Susanna all did the tour the year they were runners up, with Colin, doing it in 2011.

Ali, Pamela, Jason, Dani, all did the tour the series they came 3rd/were finalists, with Gethin doing it the year after his season and Julian in 2009.

So Sophie Ellis Bextor, Alesha Dixon, Lisa Snowdon, Matt Dawson and Kimberley Walsh are the only finalists not to do the tour to date (in addition to anyone from season 1...(Also, Alesha obviously appeared as a judge during her stint on the panel))

P.s. the 2015 tour so far has Frankie, Thom, Alison, Mark and Caroline, all with their original partners except Caroline, who's with Tristan.
  • ads84ads84 Posts: 7,332
    Forum Member
    Damahepa wrote: »
    Of the champions, Tom was the first reigning champion to take part. Darren, Jill and Mark also did the tours in 2008, 2009, 2010 respectively. Chris, Kara, Harry, Louis and Abbey then all did the tour in the year they won.

Matt, Rachel, Ricky, Matt, Chelsee, Denise, Natalie and Susanna all did the tour the year they were runners up, with Colin, doing it in 2011.

Ali, Pamela, Jason, Dani, all did the tour the series they came 3rd/were finalists, with Gethin doing it the year after his season and Julian in 2009.

So Sophie Ellis Bextor, Alesha Dixon, Lisa Snowdon, Matt Dawson and Kimberley Walsh are the only finalists not to do the tour to date (in addition to anyone from season 1...(Also, Alesha obviously appeared as a judge during her stint on the panel))

P.s. the 2015 tour so far has Frankie, Thom, Alison, Mark and Caroline, all with their original partners except Caroline, who's with Tristan.

I don't think Alesha has ever judged the tour. It has tended to only ever be Craig, Len and Bruno - and Arlene in the early years.

Natasha would never do the tour I think. She was forced into Strictly by the BBC as it was, I doubt she'd ever go back.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ads84 wrote: »
    I don't think Alesha has ever judged the tour. It has tended to only ever be Craig, Len and Bruno - and Arlene in the early years.

Natasha would never do the tour I think. She was forced into Strictly by the BBC as it was, I doubt she'd ever go back.

I'm not sure, I know it was only 3 for a while but I thought she covered for Len on a few shows (or was that Arlene?)
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that if Sunetra and Jake were on next year's tour Craig would not have awarded them a 5 if his marking of the lovely Lisa is anything to go on. :D
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hi there.

mostly! I think the only winner who hasnt done the tour is Alesha
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damahepa wrote: »

Alesha has never done the Strictly tour, judging or dancing

It used to be the 4 of them, like on the tv series but when Alesha joined the judges on tour dropped to 3, Craig, Len and Bruno and it has been 3 ever since - Darcy never tours either
  • Matt&AlionaFanMatt&AlionaFan Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm sure those behind the tour would prefer to have the champion doing the tour but I actually wish they would not announce who is doing the tour until after the show has finished in case it can ever influence the out-come in any way.