Why does Steve Wright have to spoil everything?

124»

Comments

• leddersledders Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Over 7.5 million people listen to this "crap" you talk about.

So what??

It could be 75 million, or 750 million for all I care.

Guess what?? It is still crap, in my opinion.
  • leddersledders Posts: 2,202
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    big mac wrote: »
    What "facts" do you need? The show is transmitted on a weekday afternoon. that's a time when a great number of people are at work. At many workplaces there is one radio in the building/department, which obviously can't be tuned to two stations at once. What are the odds that every single person in the workplace's first choice of show would be Steve Wright? There is little chance that is the case, unless it's a small workplace. Therefore, it's perfectly logical to assume that not everyone who is listening to Steve Wright in the Afternoon is listening because they personally want to.

No no. The heart lovers on here will tell you that everybody WANTS to listen to that station.

Surely the same must be the case for Radio 2.
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    ledders wrote: »
    So what??

It could be 75 million, or 750 million for all I care.

Guess what?? It is still crap, in my opinion.

That's fine, it's crap in your opinion. My advice to you is to stop listening. If I don't like something, I don't listen to it, (Anthony Davis on LBC anyone?)

I like Steve Wright in the Afternoon and I choose to listen to it, as do millions of others. I don't like Anthony Davis, I also don't like Ken Bruce or Chris Evans. Guess what? I don't listen. Problem solved.
  • George!George! Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    I tend to agree with what's been said in this thread. I liked Steve Wright on Top Of The Pops 2 but he is insufferable on his Radio 2 programme (sorry, BIG Show!) for numerous reasons. Personally, it doesn't matter how brilliant the presenter otherwise is, once they start humming or singing over the records they instantly get in my bad books.
  • baldtonybaldtony Posts: 105
    Forum Member
    In general I like the music. Like him talking with Tim & Janey. Guest interviews are well done. Love Barry from Watford & Elvis & the old woman. Like the oldies idea, even if you know it's going to suck after 10 seconds of the first song.

But today was my last listen, as I snapped with Steve singing over the end of the records. It's always really annoyed me. But today was the last straw. Sorry Steve. I do "love the show", but it's finally gotten too much. I like the songs. That's why I'm listening. I don't like you butting in at the good bit. I wouldn't put up with it if you interrupted a film or a comedy routine or a train station announcement. I'm not going to put up with it during a song now either.
  • wear thefoxhatwear thefoxhat Posts: 3,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    simonk243 wrote: »
    Awful, awful show and presenter he is stuck in the 70s and 80s he wasn't funny on radio1nor is he on radio2 . So annoying :o:(

That slot could be fillied by so many other better presenters.
    I still think chris moyles may get it in a few years time.

Chris Moyles? Please god, NO!!!!!!!!!:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 205
    Forum Member
    Chris Moyles? Please god, NO!!!!!!!!!:eek:

I agree, Chris moyles is very good but not for Radio 2 daytime, maybe Saturday mornings in the future ,

What I dislike
    about digital spy comments is " he's stuck in the 70's" but then nothing to back it up its a nonsense comment, Steve's show has changed immensely since his 80's days, but some listeners just don't get it. I understand how some people don't like the way he cuts songs short , but he has been doing that for 35 years , do you really think he should change for the handful of digital spy moaners.

I reckon when he gets his monthly pay cheque of around 50.000 pounds, he thinks, I have this job spot on.