How low do you think the ratings will be tonight?

2»

Comments

• BodyElectric.BodyElectric. Posts: 2,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tyjet wrote: »
    What gave you an indication that I'm "so fussed" about ratings? I generally don't care about the ratings, but I'll be interested in seeing them tomorrow morning because it's going head to head with Doctor Who on it's 50th anniversary special.

Is that a good enough reason for you?

No, it's not a good enough reason.

It's sad you rely on ratings to watch a show, if you want to watch, watch the show. If you don't, then don't watch.
  • AbsolutelyAbsolutely Posts: 1,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    Can't help but feel the audience for Doctor Who is completely different from The X Factor audience.

This!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, it's not a good enough reason.

It's sad you rely on ratings to watch a show, if you want to watch, watch the show. If you don't, then don't watch.

A little bit extreme don't you think?

A person can take an interest in something even though they might not watch it. It is good to have a healthy interest in general things - I reckon it shows you are paying attention to the world out there and you are have the basis to form an open-minded opinion.:)
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think the ratings are going to look as bad as they actually are (i.e. the number of people who actually watch Doctor Who over X-Factor) due to the large number of Doctor Who cinema screenings and Doctor Who parties that are going on all over the country (and the world). A lot of people are watching Doctor Who tonight as a group viewing experience so that'll save X-Factor from being totally thrashed I think.
  • Stuart1000Stuart1000 Posts: 1,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As the above poster said, there are cinema screenings of the Doctor Who episode up and down the country (my local multiplex has 3 simultaneous screenings sold out as well as quite a few later tonight and tomorrow also sold out) so I think that might dent the viewing figures for it quite a bit. I think it will be close but XF will just edge it - 7.7mil for XF and 7.5mil for DW.
  • BoselectaBoselecta Posts: 1,640
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno how ratings can be so precise in these "Sky+" days? Surely millions of folks will watch BOTH.
  • EiraEira Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Boselecta wrote: »
    I dunno how ratings can be so precise in these "Sky+" days? Surely millions of folks will watch BOTH.

The ratings battle is still mostly about who watches it when it originally airs. The X-Factor would probably do better if it wasn't about that - lots of people record X-Factor and watch it later to skip the ad breaks.

My local cinema has 4 simulcast sold out screenings of Doctor Who tonight - so that's got to be somewere in the region of 1,000 people watching it in one building alone. There are then three more screenings later on throughout the night and another tomorrow afternoon.
  • paulbaxpaulbax Posts: 2,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    7 million viewers is still a hell of a lot though to be fair!

Also, I agree that it hard to keep track of accurate ratings nowadays, my parents for example always record the x factor and start watching it 20 minutes late so they can fast forward the ad breaks. I'm pretty sure that this is common!
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pjh8 wrote: »
    Strictly. X factor's main audience is teenagers/ people in their 20s or it was up until this series.

You watch a programme that you think is absolutely awful?:confused:

I think tonight's theme sounds so terrible that even if it were not going head to head with Dr Who it would get poor ratings. Getting this years contestants to sing the "hits" of contestants years gone by? Apart from Bleeding Love I can barely remember most of them, and surely the show is not ten until next year? It started in 2004 did it not?
  • DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 109,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still watching will watch doctor who tomorrow
  • Sweet7Sweet7 Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doctor Who - 10.2
    X Factor - 7.7
  • JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    Doctor Who - 10.2
    X Factor - 7.7

What's x factors lowest rating ?
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »

Series 1 only average 7.4m.

The first ever episode pulled in just 5.25. The 21st most watched programme

For a live show the lowest is series 1 6.53
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sweet7 wrote: »
    Doctor Who - 10.2
    X Factor - 7.7

Yes. :)

Provisional figures put DW at 10.2m viewers and XF at 7.7m.

However, SCD wins as it pulled in 10.6. :eek:
  • noelw1969noelw1969 Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »

The lowest figures this year are 7.4m for the Saturday night show on 26th October.

(Figure from BARB)
  • mysty211mysty211 Posts: 4,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not suprised on the low ratings from X Factor with it clashing with Doctor Who.
  • winter99winter99 Posts: 16,216
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Personally i think XF will hold up better than expected and get around 8million viewers and beat Doctor Who.

Itv have been trailing this week's XF as a 10th Anniversary special, involving many ex stars from the show's history including Leona Lewis, One Direction, Olly Murs. This is quite a big episode for them and XF has been rating quite consistently last few weeks so perhaps you should be more optimistic and expect 8m for XF and a win over DW.

This clearly happened.....