Options

The Missing Half

Wayne814Wayne814 Posts: 1,722
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone read this?

Its a friends debut novel about a child abduction.

The story is told in 2 parts, the first part is the mother writing about what happened and the following 10 years searching for her and never giving up hope of finding her daughter.

The 2nd part of the book tells the story of the aftermath of the publication of the mothers book, told from the point of view of various characters.

Would highly recommend it, available from Amazon on Kindle and in paperback.

There is a review and an interview with the author on this site

http://www.christophfischerbooks.com/the-missing-half-by-brooke-powley/

Comments

• Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok - you have reeled me in!

Just bought it for my Kindle
  • Options
    Pea1Pea1 Posts: 383
    Forum Member
    And me, I hope it's good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You won't be disappointed, a lot of people have been surprised that it's her first book.

I don't know what normal figures are for self published books through Amazon, but 1,000 copies sold in 3 months must be good going.
  • Options
    Cellar_DoorCellar_Door Posts: 2,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it for free when it was on a promo, I just haven't got round to it yet.
  • Options
    OxfordGirlOxfordGirl Posts: 3,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Read this during the week and really enjoyed it. It was interesting in the second half that it focussed on various people affected by the missing child, and showed how hard it is to get a happy ever after.
    Don't want to spoil the plot but I thought the events in the Lake District towards the end of the book were slightly hard to believe - but nonetheless a very good read and I'll read more of this author in the future
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OxfordGirl wrote: »
    Read this during the week and really enjoyed it. It was interesting in the second half that it focussed on various people affected by the missing child, and showed how hard it is to get a happy ever after.
    Don't want to spoil the plot but I thought the events in the Lake District towards the end of the book were slightly hard to believe - but nonetheless a very good read and I'll read more of this author in the future

Glad you enjoyed it, Brooke is writing her 2nd book at the moment, about 2/3 of the way through it last i heard.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to anyone else that might have bought the book after my post here, Brooke has now reached 1,500 books sold.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brooke has now sold 5,000 copies of her book.

She's halfway through writing her 2nd book - Letting Go of Emma and hopes to finish it in the new year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her 2nd book - Letting Go of Emma has just been made available on Amazon, price £1.59 for the Kindle, paperback version to follow.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Letting-go-Emma-Brooke-Powley-ebook/dp/B00I9H9XK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1391631960&sr=8-1&keywords=B00I9H9XK4
    James Parker lives in the heart of the Lake District with his wife, Emma, and their three young children, Poppy, Finn, and Millie. He thinks his life is perfect.

That is, until the unthinkable happens and Emma is struck down by an unknown car and left for dead late one winter's night.

As James is forced to fight for his family, he begins to question everything and everyone that Emma knew. But before he can make the decision that will shape his family's future, he needs to know – who had committed this horrific crime and why would someone want to hurt his wife?