Options

Carter Family Secret Revealed *spoiler*

Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
Forum Member
Sorry if there's already a post on this.

Holymoly have said Linda and Mick aren't married and that's the big secret that Dean overhears.

http://www.holymoly.com/tv/pictures/eastenders-spoilers-week-inappropriate-sexual-touching69942

I thought it would be more shocking than that!

Comments

• Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Heads up for a second big soap wedding then! I wonder why they never married before now..
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So it isn't really going to be something that Dean can blackmail Linda over? Well that's a relief in itself, I guess.
  • Options
    CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Heads up for a second big soap wedding then! I wonder why they never married before now..

I'd say we'll see a big Pat and Frank style reception being held on the Square for at least one of the weddings.
  • Options
    ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,303
    Forum Member
    So the Carter's don't need a piece of paper to show they love each other. So what? :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    CPW4EVER wrote: »
    I'd say we'll see a big Pat and Frank style reception being held on the Square for at least one of the weddings.
    Whose the other wedding? Ian and Denise?
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There will be at least 2 weddings...

1) Mick and Linda
    2) Phil and Sharon (not sure if they actually go ahead when Sharon finds out about what Phil did)
    3) Ian and Denise
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Well that's anti-climactic if true.
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If this is true why even make it a secret?
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    I'm totally indifferent.
  • Options
    Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So how come Linda's last name is Carter and they both have wedding rings?
  • Options
    issy17issy17 Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    Great. So there aren't really any solid married couples on the square? Barring Kat and Alfie...

-.-
  • Options
    ALowsleyALowsley Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mick and Linda are a really popular couple so I think lots of fans are gonna be so excited for their wedding.
  • Options
    Zep45Zep45 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    issy17 wrote: »
    Great. So there aren't really any solid married couples on the square? Barring Kat and Alfie...

-.-

Or legally I think Alfie is still married to Roxy as she was too embarrassed to get the marriage annulled due to non-consummation. So Kat is happy shacked up with someone else's husband
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zep45 wrote: »
    Or legally I think Alfie is still married to Roxy as she was too embarrassed to get the marriage annulled due to non-consummation. So Kat is happy shacked up with someone else's husband

She got a annulment, Alfie paid for it.

On the secret bit boring tbh, not shocking.
  • Options
    Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harlowe wrote: »
    She got a annulment, Alfie paid for it.

On the secret bit boring tbh, not shocking.

This. There was a scene the other day where Alfie said, "someone who wasn't briefly married to her." I took that to mean that the annulment had completed, as Roxy signed and posted the paperwork before Christmas.

Will the secret come out when Mick needs his birth certificate to actually get married?

Maybe Linda's parents had the surname Carter too. It'd be more likely with Smith or Jones of course, but this is soapland.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    issy17 wrote: »

-.-

Les and Pam.
  • Options
    ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sora2311 wrote: »

Maybe Linda is actually Mick's sister, hence the same surname, and Shirley is keeping that secret aswell . :D
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's it?? So anti-climatic.
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    Sorry if there's already a post on this.

Holymoly have said Linda and Mick aren't married and that's the big secret that Dean overhears.

http://www.holymoly.com/tv/pictures/eastenders-spoilers-week-inappropriate-sexual-touching69942

I thought it would be more shocking than that!

Them not being married will just send Dean off even further. He'll regard her as not tied down.
    In the 21st century-who cares??
  • Options
    kitkat1971kitkat1971 Posts: 39,257
    Forum Member

She's just chosen to refer to herself as Carter - as Carol called herself Jackson when she arrived without her and Alan actually being married. She might also have changed her name legally by deed poll which is probably cheaper than marrying!
  • Options
    ThumbolinaThumbolina Posts: 3,981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's relatively easy to change your name by Deed Poll and only costs £33. Anybody can buy and wear a wedding ring, they don't have to be married.

Hayley in Corrie changed her name to Cropper when she found she couldn't marry Roy as she was still legally a man. It wasn't until Civil Partnerships were allowed that Hayley and Roy had a proper wedding several years later.
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Zep45 wrote: »
    Kim_x wrote: »
    This. There was a scene the other day where Alfie said, "someone who wasn't briefly married to her." I took that to mean that the annulment had completed, as Roxy signed and posted the paperwork before Christmas.

Will the secret come out when Mick needs his birth certificate to actually get married?

Maybe Linda's parents had the surname Carter too. It'd be more likely with Smith or Jones of course, but this is soapland.

As said you can use your partners surname, change it by deed poll, my mum does even tho my parents are unwed, it' never been a problem she use double sometimes aswell, I think they call it common law wife although you don't have exact rights as you would if you was married etc.

The birth certificate, tbh his 37, so he would of had to have his birth certificate at some point for driving license or passport, the only thing I can presume fictionally speaking is Shirley isn't on his birth certificate that Sylvie registered herself and Stan as his parents which I believe you can do without both being present if your married, plus it was the seventies so perhaps more lax and easier to lie about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Kim_x wrote: »

A, that cold be the reason they're doing it as a lot of us did wonder about Mick's birth certificate and how he got married without it. Though, given what Shirley said about the way the birth was handled, I assume Sylvie and Stan are down as parents.

It's odd that they never have got married but I can see why Linda wouldn't want her kids and punters to know as she is quite 'keeping up appearances'.
  • Options
    MattehhhftwMattehhhftw Posts: 8,688
    Forum Member
    Is this actually true, though? And if so, why? :S

I swear I've seen wedding rings?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this actually true, though? And if so, why? :S

I swear I've seen wedding rings?

People don't need to be legally married to wear wedding rings. It's not like there is a force field on the 3rd finger of your left hand which is only lifted when you sign register.