Options

The Duchess On The Estate Part 2

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
Forum Member
✭✭
That stupid woman has been moaning about getting £40,000 for a community centre after the taxpayers had to cough up £500,000 on her wretched daughter's student accomodation - God she makes me sick

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She makes us all sick around here because it is nothing like that! Half of the locals didn't even know about it either and it's all made to look really really bad.

The young lads on bikes were paid £10-£20 to ride around in their hoodies, they have filmed behind the local shops which are fenced and locked off from the public everyday so lots of people are left wondering if they were unlocked for the purpose of the program. Last weeks show filmed down an alley and she asked 'would you walk down there ate night?' ermm, no because it's a car park!

I went to the fun day at Rackhouse school and I only knew about it because I heard from a friend in passing conversation, a load of rubbish it was too, I honestly cannot believe how untrue this is hahahaha :mad:
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,773
    Forum Member
    BBC North West have given the residents of Northern Moor the chance to make their own film about the estate. Just a shame that it won't be broadcast on national TV...
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    She’s a very wealthy lady and lives in a plush apartment in New York overlooking Central Park. She could have stayed there and lived a lovely life until she dies but she has come to try and help this deprived and down-trodden estate. She didn’t HAVE to do this but she has out of the goodness of her own heart. As someone said above, give her a break.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    BBC North West have given the residents of Northern Moor the chance to make their own film about the estate. Just a shame that it won't be broadcast on national TV...

Yes it's being shown at the college on Sale Road...somewhere else that is thriving and newly refurbished around here but wasn't shown on TV. There are a lot of shops open at Sale Circle but it only showed the 3 that were closed down and 1 from another set of local shops.

They scrounged a lot of things from the local Selco where my sister works and promised them publicity on the program for it, they got a few seconds so weren't happy about that.

And those parents sat in that room then...pfft..one of them can't even stand her own daughter! She always in the street shouting at her husband and one day she was telling her daughter to get lost and that she didn't want to know her and never to come around again, the language was diabolical, different story when she wants to get herself on TV! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another TV programme designed to paint the working class in a poor light.

Look how stupid they are when a member of royalty can just come along and have a look at their problems and show them how to sort it all out.

I don't know if anybody else here is amazed at how patronising this programme is?
    Aristocracy better than feeble minded working class oiks. Yeah, we get it.:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member
    Another TV programme designed to paint the working class in a poor light.

Look how stupid they are when a member of royalty can just come along and have a look at their problems and show them how to sort it all out.

I don't know if anybody else here is amazed at how patronising this programme is?
    Aristocracy better than feeble minded working class oiks. Yeah, we get it.:D

I dont see how its portraying working class people in a poor light, i think its totally the opposite actually!!
  • Options
    pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    She’s a very wealthy lady and lives in a plush apartment in New York overlooking Central Park. She could have stayed there and lived a lovely life until she dies but she has come to try and help this deprived and down-trodden estate. She didn’t HAVE to do this but she has out of the goodness of her own heart. As someone said above, give her a break.

I wonder if its because it puts her in public eye because she has something to plug-methinks a new book is out soon!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Portraying Fergie in a bad light - swans up to Manchester every once in a while to say "How you going on" whilst doing nowt practical. Oh she had a posh meal to raise funds for the Northern Oiks. I say that as a Northerner! She didn't want to listen to his story - she wanted to get her mug on TV. Befoe she b*ggers off back to the States. She is a loathesome creature
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh and that community centre is shut, has been all the summer holidays!
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    BlueEyes wrote: »
    Oh and that community centre is shut, has been all the summer holidays!

What's happened to it? Has it closed down for good?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Peter E wrote: »
    What's happened to it? Has it closed down for good?

i don't know the reason but many people around here have complained about it and there are a few groups on the net about all this hoo har too.
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't know the reason but many people around here have complained about it and there are a few groups on the net about all this hoo har too.

Did it ever come to light who was shooting the windows?

Personally it looked like the work of a pee-shooter rather than a gun.

Have you ever met that lady who was in charge? Not Fergie - the other one.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did it ever come to light who was shooting the windows?

Personally it looked like the work of a pee-shooter rather than a gun.

Have you ever met that lady who was in charge? Not Fergie - the other one.

Nothing has been said about the windows, to be honest I haven't really heard anything about the show or community centre, most of the locals haven't and that's one of the reasons why everyone is annoyed at the program as they didn't know anything about it.

Yes, I have met Dawn, she lives at the back of me and she was in the year above me at school, her brother was in my class, and was a good friend of mine at school. She's quite quiet around here, keeps herself to herself.

When she started filming this she was spotted out and about more but I have heard that she has now had her windows put through and had a police guard for a few days after the first show. This is quite bad as personally I don't think she knew what she was getting herself in to. A few months ago at the school I work at/where my daughter goes, there were a few young women giving flyers out, saying that ITV were making a TV show about the area and would we like to get involved, there were short details and a phone number included and I'm guessing they were handing these out at local schools and she responded. I don't think she really knew what she was letting herself in for.

I know her mum too, she's lovely and attends a club I attend weekly, she never once mentioned anything about her making this show nor anything after it has aired, it's all been so hush hush.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    This pseudo doc really p****d me off too. There's nothing wrong with Northern Moor - I have friends who live there. In fact, it's "posh,old" Wythenshawe - in fact, it's not really Wythenshawe at all as it is north of the park... Fergie should have gone to Town Centre Wythy, and asked why they had to build a fortress police station... South Wythenshawe is where the problems are...
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That stupid woman has been moaning about getting £40,000 for a community centre after the taxpayers had to cough up £500,000 on her wretched daughter's student accomodation - God she makes me sick

Which daughter would this be ?

Eugenie will be staying in £96 a week student halls at Newcastle. Beatrice stayed at St james Palace . The media hype about redecoration costs, well if they had dug a little deeper they would have found out that the redecoration on that apartment and others which are in a working Royal palace were planned anyway .
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    skp20040 wrote: »
    Which daughter would this be ?

Eugenie will be staying in £96 a week student halls at Newcastle. Beatrice stayed at St james Palace . The media hype about redecoration costs, well if they had dug a little deeper they would have found out that the redecoration on that apartment and others which are in a working Royal palace were planned anyway .

It's the security which costs the money... I suppose they will have 2 specials in the halls taking out 2 rooms for students and they will get quite good pay... :confused:
  • Options
    Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing has been said about the windows, to be honest I haven't really heard anything about the show or community centre, most of the locals haven't and that's one of the reasons why everyone is annoyed at the program as they didn't know anything about it.

Yes, I have met Dawn, she lives at the back of me and she was in the year above me at school, her brother was in my class, and was a good friend of mine at school. She's quite quiet around here, keeps herself to herself.

When she started filming this she was spotted out and about more but I have heard that she has now had her windows put through and had a police guard for a few days after the first show. This is quite bad as personally I don't think she knew what she was getting herself in to. A few months ago at the school I work at/where my daughter goes, there were a few young women giving flyers out, saying that ITV were making a TV show about the area and would we like to get involved, there were short details and a phone number included and I'm guessing they were handing these out at local schools and she responded. I don't think she really knew what she was letting herself in for.

I know her mum too, she's lovely and attends a club I attend weekly, she never once mentioned anything about her making this show nor anything after it has aired, it's all been so hush hush.

Thank you for answering my questions BlueEyes.:) I am a bit nosey by nature:o

It's fascinating to hear from someone so close to the situation. What we see on the screen doesn't always show the full picture - so thanks again.

I quite liked Dawn. Down to earth with no airs and graces. I hope she isn't still in need of police protection now.