Options

The Great British Wedding Cake

AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is anyone watching? This is in the same format as The Great British Bake Off??

Comments

• Options
    LenitiveLenitive Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never watched the Bake Off before; just caught this to torture myself by staring at pretty cakes. Oh man, I wanna take a humongous bite outta those delectable creations...
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That chocolate chef dude is my new favourite person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But won't the chocolate cakes melt in the heat of the reception? That would be my biggest worry. Lovely idea though.. Kind of reminds me of the "Ace of Cakes" on the food channel.
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd take any of those three final cakes! I think lemon meringue woman should win. Macaroon boy's effort looks pretty stunning but when you go to eat it it's just macaroons.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I'd go for lemon meringue woman too :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    If you like chocolate cakes you should watch Choccywoccydodah on the Good Food channel - amazing creations!

As well as Ace of Cakes, Cake Boss is a great show on Discovery Real Time

I thought the Great British Wedding cake was a great show - loved seeing Ed Ruth and Miranda again. I thought Miranda's chocolate cake looked the best, I would have felt a little bit underwhelmed if I'd received Ed's macaroon mountain - where's the cake?
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why weren't Mel and Sue presenting?! Will they be presenting the next Series??!
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamieHT wrote: »
    Why weren't Mel and Sue presenting?! Will they be presenting the next Series??!

I do hope so - they are an important part for me, particularly Sue Perkins. She's one of those people that makes me start to smile before she has even said anything amusing - she just is amusing.

Great British Bake Off was a wonderful series - always cheered me up no matter what was happening in the real world. The thread on here was really great too.
  • Options
    JamieHTJamieHT Posts: 12,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm the opposite. Mel's the one who I watch for. I won't watch as religiously if they're not presenting!!