Thelma's Gypsy Girls - Channel 4 9pm tonight.

Comments

• LifeOfBryanLifeOfBryan Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Isnt teaching the girls to sew so they can get work going to annoy her gypsy customers?

Yes I would have thought so. Girls are meant to stay at home, make their husband's meals, clean the house and are kept ignorant.

Independent work is not on the cards.
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did we ever find out how much she charges for those dresses?

I don't think the price was ever disclosed.. But it must be a pretty penny if she has made it from nothing to a millionairess :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oops thought the little girl was her step daughter but she's obviously their little girl if they have been together 18 years.
  • guernseysnailguernseysnail Posts: 18,922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who does the little girl Katrena belong to?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how much of Channel 4's money went in to 'helping' set up the TV studio, of sorry I meant set up the new workshop?

And then getting her partner to do it keeping the money in the family. Good business sense.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Does anyone know what no +4 is on freeview please

4+1, if so, 13.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder how much of Channel 4's money went in to 'helping' set up the TV studio, of sorry I meant set up the new workshop?

And then getting her partner to do it keeping the money in the family. Good business sense.

Plus the free ad on his t-shirt!
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oh dear she's going to have to do some more tax fraud to pay for the renovations :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those financial figures all sounded a bit odd to me.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This article tells you that it actually cost £82,000 and she is hugely in debt because of it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/big-fat-gypsy-weddings-dressmaker-1074181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she can't be a millionairess if she can't afford 50,000 and down to her last penny.

Or is she one of those people who don't count 100,000s in savings and investments and claim they are flat broke when their petty cash runs out?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who does the little girl Katrena belong to?

She's Thelma and Dave's :D
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crown derby china very-effin-where....who says those gypsies have no taste?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    She's Thelma and Dave's :D

Ok...Odd how they didn't say so!
  • googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    loads-a-money wads-o-cash
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This article tells you that it actually cost £82,000 and she is hugely in debt because of it.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/big-fat-gypsy-weddings-dressmaker-1074181

But is she one of those people who actually refuse to use their real own money and set up these sorts of things on loans?

How much is she paid of this programme?

To others, flat broke means just that. Not a penny anywhere and in danger of losing your house. - These sort talk about money differently.
  • charmarrcharmarr Posts: 599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could always sell her house and move into a three bed semi.
    There is only three of them.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Grouty wrote: »
    4+1, if so, 13.

Thank you:)
  • littlebootieslittlebooties Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thelma doesnt understand why she is doing this to herself and neither do I.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok...Odd how they didn't say so!

I know, she was only mentioned as Thelma living there with Dave and 7 yr old Katerina. We think she may have adopted her, I managed to find out that Thelma is 59 from an article that I just read..so technically she couldn't have had her. But the little girl did say that the games room was her daddies and they showed Dave.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 33,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    Thank you:)

Your welcome :)

I was expecting hundreds turning up :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just found this re the dress costs:

EACH dress takes Thelma and her team of 10 assistants 300 hours to create and they sell for a reported £15,000.
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,694
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If she spent £82k on improvements to the building they're now in, does that mean she bought it? You wouldn't spend that much on a premises you were leasing/renting surely?

I can see what she is doing.. she is upscaling the business and that does sometimes involve risk but I'm not sure I buy that her entire future rests on these girls. She could easily fill those empty seats with other women if she had to.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know, she was only mentioned as Thelma living there with Dave and 7 yr old Katerina. We think she may have adopted her, I managed to find out that Thelma is 59 from an article that I just read..so technically she couldn't have had her. But the little girl did say that the games room was her daddies and they showed Dave.

I thought she looked a little too old to be her mum!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she spent £82k on improvements to the building they're now in, does that mean she bought it? You wouldn't spend that much on a premises you were leasing/renting surely?

I can see what she is doing.. she is upscaling the business and that does sometimes involve risk but I'm not sure I buy that her entire future rests on these girls. She could easily fill those empty seats with other women if she had to.

As with all these programmes, we never get the real figures or any details. Money is just use for dramatic effect and OMG! moments.