Options

jessie J... Sooooo annoying !!!!

Comments

• Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    Indeed Stube. I'm quite liking her relationship with Tom. She gently teases him and he seems to like it. It's made me aware she has quite a good sense of humour. She doesn't seem as comfortable with Will but he is a little bit out there so I can see why. She's still relatively young though so there's definitely time for her to develop :)
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gregg_LUFC wrote: »
    Shocker, another poster trying to take everything out of context!!! There's nothing "horrendous" about that post.

Yes there is. You suggest that someone acts like they are black. This means that you consider there is a type of behaviour that is "black". So, do all black people act that way ? Assuming you think not, what did you mean by that comment ?

As an aside, when people ask you a question like this, why do you ignore the question and just insult them, given that they appear, prima facie, to be standing up for decency, fairness and equality ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She puts me off of watching The Voice really. I cringe at her antics and the gurning faces, weird positions and general childish attention seeking. She is a performing seal.

As for her music her voice is not bad but shes a poor copy of Katy Perry with the inevitable female celeb descent into getting her kit off/wearing very little/talking about sex/doing KERAZEEEEE things for attention.

When Price Tag came out and she seemed to be against "video hoes" and, I assumed, against dressing like a stripper, I thought she might be quite refreshing. But she has become like anyone else. Won't be around in a few years time unless she can come up with something different.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I hear her say "I am being completely honest with myself" or "I know how hard the business is for women" once more, I will throw a brick at the telly!
  • Options
    maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I hear her say "I am being completely honest with myself" or "I know how hard the business is for women" once more, I will throw a brick at the telly!

I've heard her say that on one occasion but it has been repeated in clips (that's not her fault).
  • Options
    Gregg_LUFCGregg_LUFC Posts: 452
    Forum Member
    Yes there is. You suggest that someone acts like they are black. This means that you consider there is a type of behaviour that is "black". So, do all black people act that way ? Assuming you think not, what did you mean by that comment ?

As an aside, when people ask you a question like this, why do you ignore the question and just insult them, given that they appear, prima facie, to be standing up for decency, fairness and equality ?

Don't see what you're so upset about? I've not said anything out of turn or racist. I didn't even say she acts black.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see what you're so upset about? I've not said anything out of turn or racist. I didn't even say she acts black.

Before people start hardcore calling you a racist, why do you think someone should tell her she isn't black?
  • Options
    Elphie_LivesElphie_Lives Posts: 4,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it is harder for women in the music/showbiz business. Maybe you should be throwing a brick at the media instead.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it is harder for women in the music/showbiz business. Maybe you should be throwing a brick at the media instead.

How do you know?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know?

Because I can read. Women are more often than not subjected to far more negative comments about their appearance and their behaviour* than men are.

Oh and generally the only females that are 'successive' are attractive females. Average looking (even 'ugly') less talented (than some females) men can still be successful, women would have to be extremely talented or hardworking to succeed.

*We don't have to look far for evidence of this...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Because I can read. Women are more often than not subjected to far more negative comments about their appearance and their behaviour* than men are.

Oh and generally the only females that are 'successive' are attractive females. Average looking (even 'ugly') less talented (than some females) men can still be successful, women would have to be extremely talented or hardworking to succeed.

*We don't have to look far for evidence of this...

What about Heather from Eastenders?
  • Options
    Absolute RotterAbsolute Rotter Posts: 787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What about her ? Hasn't exactly achieved much.
  • Options
    redcherryredcherry Posts: 12,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Adele is not the stereotypical woman yet her talent shines through
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Didn't realise she was not mocked by the media, online or in the storylines themselves.
    redcherry wrote: »
    Adele is not the stereotypical woman yet her talent shines through

She is successive due to her talent, which is my point. Women need to be very talented if they're not the 'desired' type of woman.

She still gets slack for her looks though.

We live in a patriarchal society steeped in sexism, even women are sexist/misogynistic towards each other. When you then go into a showbiz world that takes the extreme of what those sexist ideas it will be more difficult for women.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Didn't realise she was not mocked by the media, online or in the storylines themselves.

She is successive due to her talent, which is my point. Women need to be very talented if they're not the 'desired' type of woman.

She still gets slack for her looks though.

We live in a patriarchal society steeped in sexism, even women are sexist/misogynistic towards each other. When you then go into a showbiz world that takes the extreme of what those sexist ideas it will be more difficult for women.

I find Jessie J annoying because she is annoying.

Just trying to keep the thread on topic :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I find Jessie J annoying because she is annoying.

Just trying to keep the thread on topic :)

Good idea considering you took it off topic in the first place by asking the question :)

I think though Jessie J is annoying she gets more stick than the males on the panel that are also annoying and sexism could be the reason for this :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do I dare ask what happened to the other thread since last night...?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »

It's been eradicated :eek: Very odd.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    echad wrote: »

It went the same way as this one is going. Completely off topic!!!
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    graciemay6 wrote: »
    I think jessieis really likeable, and I don't think she is repetitive, but I think the jessie j hate threads are repetitive and annoying, I don't see what's not to like about jessie,but that's just my opinion x

you seem to trall any thread wihere jessie J is mentioned and the post a varient on the same two themes " i like jessie j shes sexy and talented " or " I dont know why does no one likes her " ...this is repetitive and boring.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When you have a chalk-on-a-blackboard personality, and I'm speaking generally, it doesn't help to keep doing the same thing over and over expecting a different outcome.

If you come over as irritating you should review why and stop doing what comes over as annoying. It's not rocket science.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member

This is what gets me about her, amongst other things. Why does she have to keep on repeating that she's being real and she's being honest? I find it very irritating. I also don't like how she seems to always want the limelight and the attention for herself. It's very off putting to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Rionadh wrote: »
    This is what gets me about her, amongst other things. Why does she have to keep on repeating that she's being real and she's being honest? I find it very irritating. I also don't like how she seems to always want the limelight and the attention for herself. It's very off putting to me.

It's because she's so fake. She thinks that because she's convinced her self that she's genuine she can get everyone else on side and make them believe what she says is true.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rionadh wrote: »

Have you guys really not noticed that she only says that as a disclaimer before she says something critical because she doesn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. She is the only judge that gives constructive criticism, but she still does it as nice as she can without being harsh. She doesn't say she's being honest just to say it, she says it to warn them so they don't take it the wrong way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's because she's so fake. She thinks that because she's convinced her self that she's genuine she can get everyone else on side and make them believe what she says is true.

Why do you keep projecting what you think about her into her mind? You don't know what she thinks, so stop saying she does x because she thinks y. She hasn't portrayed any fake behavior on the show. She hasn't told anyone they were good then talked shit behind their back. She has been completely honest abut how she feels about each act. She just knows how to use tact and not be a bitch about it. That doesn't make her fake.