Asda freeview Box - Any good?

Dr QuincyDr Quincy Posts: 1,160
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is the twin scart Freeview box they are selling any good? And does anyone know who make it for them?

http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-Twin-Scart-Set-Top-Freeview-Box/000585702,default,pd.html

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive got the 1 scart socket version of this.

It's alright... does what it's supposed to do. the remote control isnt very well laid out. but apart from that it's ok.

( I only use mine as an additional tuner to record onto my vcr - as my tv has f/view buit in anyway)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,916
    Forum Member
    No, they're very average, made by Vestel I think. i've just replaced mine.

This is much better

http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.200-7144.aspx

£13 dearer but worth every penny.
  • radioredcatradioredcat Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They are vestel boxes and i installed onr for my neighbourand works ok and has coped ok with phase 1 of DSO winer hill.

I have 3 older asda durabrand vestel and they work perfectly and have not needed any updates.

andy
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    I have the 1 scart version which I bought last xmas (after an experiment with xmas tree lights blew up my last box...don't ask!!)...think it was about £11...it works well and if you want the basic service with no frills this bargain does exactly what it says on the tin!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dolmenman wrote: »
    I have the 1 scart version which I bought last xmas (after an experiment with xmas tree lights blew up my last box...don't ask!!)...think it was about £11...it works well and if you want the basic service with no frills this bargain does exactly what it says on the tin!!

I really need to know now???!!!!1

Agree with you anyway. almost all cheapo f/view boxes are probably just made by vestle anyway. They do the basic stuff pretty well, and I've never had to reset my box or anything.

Saying that, I don't use all the interactive mheg crap, so that might be another story altogether!