Options

Lord Sugar blasts Apprentice hopeful (SPOILERS!)

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Bye Bye Baggs The Brand.

Don't come back!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,537
    Forum Member
    sounds like he gets ripped a new one.......another victory for SrAlan's famous "instincts":rolleyes:
  • Options
    oulandyoulandy Posts: 18,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dome wrote: »
    Sugar likes liars, he ended up offering Lee the job when he had blatantly lied on his CV.

Yes, exactly. Is he lying himself or is he just a fool and a hypocrite - about Baggs? Note how he refers to Liz having "left the process" rather than admitting that he fired her instead of the idiotic brand.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 924
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    silkstone wrote: »
    Agree entirely, Yasmina was found out for a similar thing.

I hope that the fact he has exagerrated doesn't distract people from the fact he has set up a profitable business. It seems like they've got him on a technicality. I don't think Stuart should be the Apprentice but I do think it would be worth LS investing in him.

Actually she wasn't. The program tried to make out she was exagerrating by a lot more than she was. Everyone talks up their successes in interviews and on c.v's in real life. Claude's line of attack quickly ran out of steam, he never came back with what he thought was correct and then the editing cut away.

In series 3 Tre's import and export business was derided as working out of his bedroom. I think there was something simillar with Simon too.

Can't tell from the website how profitable Stuart's business is. It does look to be real, successful and expanding however. He might talk some BS at times, but he's not a fake.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmmmmmmmm baggs called Margaret by her first name.......brave lad!:eek:;)
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YingYang wrote: »
    “What annoys me more is that if I’ve misunderstood you with your claims and everything else you said
    you’ve done, and someone like Liz left the process last week, I feel more sick.
    Firing Liz over Stuart sounds even more like his firing Miriam over Paul in s1. That's one of the few he's acknowledged was a mistake.
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    Jepsonarge wrote: »
    http://www.bluewave.im/about/contact.php

His site I belive.(contact page). I dont know much about licences > :D

" Forget waiting years for the next generation of high speed broadband connections. Offering a truly converged IP platform for data, voice and video, we will be pushing the boundaries of broadband far beyond your expectations and those of our competition."

Stuart Baggs
    Managing Director
    BlueWave Communications Ltd

(note no brand in the midle :rolleyes:)

Why am I not surprised that The Brand's blog misspells 'line of sight'? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,020
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO they thoroughly check each candidate and only use twonks like stuart for comedy value at the end. They have probably found lots of things from the others to nitpick at but save them to make an entertaining show. Lets face it Stuart was only kept in so he could be exposed for our entertainment.
  • Options
    vixyvicvixyvic Posts: 13,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    goldiloks wrote: »
    IMO they thoroughly check each candidate and only use twonks like stuart for comedy value at the end. They have probably found lots of things from the others to nitpick at but save them to make an entertaining show. Lets face it Stuart was only kept in so he could be exposed for our entertainment.

That's how I always saw it
  • Options
    bloggingbellebloggingbelle Posts: 1,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar has dismissed good candidates like Liz before instead of sycophants - the big fish is open to flattery
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12
    Forum Member
    IanN wrote: »
    Am I the only one to notice this?...
    http://blog.bluewave.im/

I've glanced through that blog too, and it looks like he's still bandying the old bobby bullplop (bolding and italicising by me, obv) -
    Christmas 2010 Office Hours / Support

It’s that time of year again, and [...] I am pleased to advise that we will be operating a complete support service over the Christmas period [...]

Opening Times
    24th December 2010 – 9 AM – 1 PM
    25th December 2010 – Closed
    26th December 2010 – Closed

27th December 2010 – 9 AM – 6 PM
    28th December 2010 – 9 AM – 6 PM
    29th December 2010 – 9 AM – 6 PM
    30th December 2010 – 9 AM – 6 PM
    31st December 2010 – 9 AM – 1 PM
    1st January 2011 – Closed
    2nd January 2011 – 9 AM – 6PM
    http://blog.bluewave.im/?p=305

Made me smile anyway.
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    YingYang wrote: »
    The boardroom outburst derives from a day of interviews when the final 5 contestants are grilled by business leaders.

Quote:

One of the bosses dismisses Staurt, 21, as a ''blagger'' because of claims he has made about his communications firm based on the Isle of Man.

Lord Sugar, who saved
    Stuart last week when he
    fired hot favourite Liz
    Locke, then tells him: “It’s
    interesting that the
    regulator of Isle of Man
    telecoms doesn’t know
    anything about you. My
    guy is not a mug, he knows people.

“The thing is, my four
    advisers looked at me and said that you’re full of s*** basically, and possibly you have been throughout the whole course of this process.

“What annoys me more is that if I’ve misunderstood you with your claims and everything else you said
    you’ve done, and someone like Liz left the process last week, I feel more sick.

“I don’t believe a word you say, Stuart. I’m annoyed with myself.”

Looks like the 'bad' guy got his come-uppance. Thoughts please.

Read full story here www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/tv/2010/12/15/lord-sugar-blasts-apprentice-hopeful-stuart-baggs-as-full-of-s-115875-22784722/

Basically Stuart should have gone last week instead of Liz. I think Lord sugar only kept him in to get good tv. I think that he always knew that he was a bullshitter but wanted to give him his marching orders this week in a big way like he did!

Stuart got his comeuppance for lying, he should have gone weeks ago. I am just shocked that he got as far as he did and Stella was spot on about him!

Stella is a very shrewd lady and easy the winner!
  • Options
    DarcyprincessDarcyprincess Posts: 25,693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brangdon wrote: »
    Firing Liz over Stuart sounds even more like his firing Miriam over Paul in s1. That's one of the few he's acknowledged was a mistake.

Although I think that he kept Stuart in this week for the big tv entertainment over Liz, I dont think that he liked what he saw in Liz, especially how Liz treated Stella the week before back at the house in front of all the other contestants. Trying to get the others to gang up on Stella. I think Sir Alan sees all the goings on at the house and he had had enough of Liz and her smugness! Liz got too big for her boots!
  • Options
    beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually though Liz was over-rated. She had to sell those new baby clothe warning thing to mothers. Its not the hardest thing to do at all. What else did she actually do after that? She gets on with people and thats about it.
  • Options
    brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Although I think that he kept Stuart in this week for the big tv entertainment over Liz,
    I don't think he ever does that. That's just not the way the show works. On this occasion, Stuart's speech in the boardroom was, and was just the thing Lord Sugar likes to hear, so I find it easy to believe it's what saved him.
    I dont think that he liked what he saw in Liz, especially how Liz treated Stella the week before back at the house in front of all the other contestants. Trying to get the others to gang up on Stella. I think Sir Alan sees all the goings on at the house and he had had enough of Liz and her smugness! Liz got too big for her boots!
    Lord Sugar doesn't get to see the footage; there isn't time to edit it and they don't try. He certainly won't have seen the footage of Liz back at the house, and I doubt he would have been told about it, either.

Nor was it something worth firing her over. Liz wasn't happy with how Stella conducted herself. Big deal.