Options

Do you like your next door neighbors?

Comments

• Options
    bridgetbbridgetb Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We used to get on with our next door neighbours but then had a right fall out with them cos they neglect their rabbits and it p!ssed my boyfriend and me right off so we don't talk now - don't want to either.
  • Options
    Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    woofwoof77 wrote: »
    im in a terrace. Theres a young couple one side, i think they rent off council. They are mostly quiet but a few times youre sat in my lounge and can hear them arguing and banging doors and their kid screaming. :mad: Their garden is an absolute state. overgrown! before they moved in the council cut all the over growth and layed new lawn (the previous tennent didn't look after it either!) and now its just back to square one! whats wrong with these people.

The other side are a new couple who have bought, both work. they seem ok tho ive never talked to them.
    The only thing that annoys me is lying in my bed i can hear them cluttering about in the kitchen. thank god im moving soon.

This is why I will never live in a flat or a house with a party wall ever again. When my wife and i first lived tiogehter in a semi, the middle-aged next-door neighbours used to hold practice sessions for their crappy rock band until late at night.

When we moved to another semi in Kent, we got another bunch of inconsiderate c*nts. Shouting and screaming at each other all the time, loud music until 4am with no notification. I remember when Princess Diana died, the silly cow played that ghastly Elton John record over and over again, at full volume, all f*cking night. They weren't chavs and it was a nice neighbourhood but these people just had zero consideration for anyone else.

It was a real relief to move from that house. The guy that bought it from us was an armed response copper so I hope he sorted the bastards out with a few 9mm rounds.:D
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How on earth were you able to get someone to sell up and leave? Did you get the drug squad onto them?

Tempting, but no. They had cut the joists in the roof for a new bedroom, but hadn't received planning permission. They had done the work themselves with no authority which impacted on my roof as we are attached to them. They were also going to build a log cabin in the garden and for family members to move in there too to help pay the mortgage - but hadn't got permission to have a permanent structure in the garden, and as it was to be used as a 2nd home with electric and water they needed planning permission.

So, one call to the council with my concerns did the job. They wrote to the owners asking for a meeting / home visit - the neighbours didn't want to do that, and because they knew they couldn't get away with what they were doing, they couldn't afford to stay put, so had to put their house on the market.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, I don't know them. The old neighbors moved out and I seldom met the news one. All I know, none of them is problematic.
  • Options
    chynapearlchynapearl Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    yeah there great - both sides - dont see them - great fences make good neighbours !!!
  • Options
    jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    I only speak to one of my neighbors. My other neighbor is an annoying old B**ch, she thinks she owns the neighborhood and has the right to tell everyone what to do.:mad: Do you like your neighbors?

In general yes, although one of them is a bit racist (which obviously doesn't sit well with me).
  • Options
    callmedivacallmediva Posts: 1,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Usually we don't 'have a lot to do with our neighbours, though last weeken he actually saved my life.
    I've been on pain killing meds since a shoulder op and the make me dizzy, Mrs Diva was up in the garden strimming it, and I took her a drink, on my way back down the steps I went dizzy and fell into a disused fish pond that we're in the middle of removing. I broke my ankle, bashed my head and the water was freezing, mrs Diva couldn;t hear me over the strimmer, so our neighbour jumped over the fence and managed to pul me out, along with mrs Diva who'd by then noticed the commotion.

If I'd been in the water much longer, I'd have died, cos I couldn't get out on my own. It was extremely scary, and we bought him a box of his fav beer as a thank you, though he really deserved more.

I won't bash on the wall next time his music is too loud :D
  • Options
    Cat.JCat.J Posts: 651
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I live in what is basically a cul-de-sac of five houses. I am on the end of a terrace of three. The house next to me is my landlord's second home so is empty for most of the time except for some weekends and during the school summer holidays (he and his wife both work in schools).

The couple who live in the house on the other side are the nosiest people on the planet and remind me of trapdoor spiders. They sit in their house, often in their kitchen from where they have a view of everyone who comes in and out, and as soon as a visitor/delivery driver etc drives in, they rush out of their house and waylay the person. They also watch what I'm doing all the time and want to know what I'm up to, who cars belong to that are parked at my house, and they even questioned one of my friends once when he went out to his car that was parked in my drive..

I avoid these neighbours as much as I can now, but they still try to find out what I'm up to by quizzing the people in the other two houses, so now I don't tell anyone anything!

The other two sets of neighbours are ok, although one has a compulsion to "fix" people and she gave me a lecture last year on how to live my life, so I now keep my distance!
  • Options
    mildredhubblemildredhubble Posts: 6,447
    Forum Member
    No, I hope she goes out one day and dies.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Not really. One on side is the priest and his wife who like to invite their friends round for a hymn sing-a-long. On the other side is a young couple. However, the husband is not allowed to speak to me and the wife just glares and slams her doors/windows if we dare to venture outside our own back door :rolleyes:
  • Options
    The WizardThe Wizard Posts: 11,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather just live on a farm away from everyone but as I don't have that luxury I just keep myself to myself and pass the time of day when possible. Trouble is some times it's not possible when nosey old busyboddies with nothing else better to do but curtain twitch and look for something to complain about stick their unwanted 2 pence worth into affairs that don't concern them. Then I do tend to upset them.
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No! Before I moved to where I am, I had a family on one side that were angels and to the other it was an elderly woman with her blind son living with her and it was so peaceful. Then the old woman died and her son moved to sheltered housing and we got the family from hell. Loud music, fights, smashing windows, police, feral children from all over town gathering for parties as the mother would buy them drink. The daughter took a piss on our doorstep one night and left her knickers behind :eek:

I've lived where I am now for almost a year and have had three sets of downstairs neighbours. The first woman was a delight. She would sometimes sing very badly, but overall she was lovely. Then 'Badger' moved in. Non stop coughing (even all through the night), slamming doors, dog barking, smoking even though the property is non-smoking and the place stank to high heaven. She moved out a few weeks ago and now I have two 17 year old boys living below me who do nothing but blast music and have screeching girlfriends.

Thank f*ck I'm moving out to a proper house soon! :D
  • Options
    misha06misha06 Posts: 3,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't stand them. They are ignorant and rude and she is vulgar.

But they've finally managed to sell their house (of which they blamed me for the slow sell)

So onwards and upwards.:)
  • Options
    RaptureRiderRaptureRider Posts: 1,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I only ever say a quick hello to the mother and son who live to the right of me. I've never spoken to the younger couple on the other side as I never really see them out. I'm not big on conversation as a neighbour, just a quick hello and a smile is fine with me.
  • Options
    MrsWatermelonMrsWatermelon Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, she's a nosy busybody. She likes to know everything that's going on, the kind of person who is extremely proud to be a member of neighbourhood watch. Between the previous tenants moving out and us moving in, neighbour was looking after the pond and bird feeder in our garden. When we moved in she told me "I'm still responsible for the pond and bird feeder so please don't touch them" and within a few days I realised she wasn't at all, she had just taken it upon herself to do it, so I asserted myself politely. She now leaves our garden alone but things have been a bit frosty.

Everyone else seems fine, it's the kind of road where everyone says hello and engages in idle chitchat if you pass on the pavement. I don't have any desire to get to know them better though, we just keep ourselves to ourselves.

She's also racist, and made a racist comment to me about Indian people when my own husband is Indian. I was too shocked at the time to respond properly but since then I have avoided talking to her as much as possible.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    there all old near me, next door neighbour right next door is a very nosy one..i try to keep myself to myself if i can
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member
    We're reasonable and they're reasonable.

We get on fine.
  • Options
    jabegyjabegy Posts: 6,201
    Forum Member
    The ones we've got now on either side of us are fine, they are both youngish couples and out working a lot. Dean on one side sometimes does some DIY but he's never any trouble. We have had some noisy ones in the past so I do hope we keep these for quite a while.
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    1:25 am and I can still hear music from across the road:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I hope she goes out one day and dies.

:D:D:D Are you the lady from #15 ?? :D:D
  • Options
    Audio RebelAudio Rebel Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alan1981 wrote: »

Brick their window ! Inconsiderate arsewipes. ;)
  • Options
    Alan1981Alan1981 Posts: 5,416
    Forum Member
    Brick their window ! Inconsiderate arsewipes. ;)

Makes me wish the old lot lived there. Sure they were noisy but at least they worked, so would have to be in bed at some point.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,019
    Forum Member
    Alan1981 wrote: »

That's what my neighbours complain about, although at 9 to eleven at night!
    They sing opera in the bathroom at all hours though!
    My other neighbour is fine though. Even though he does have a penchant for beating up a tree log (he got for his martial arts training!)!:eek::D
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My neighbours are loud when drunk. I can hear them outside now. Makes a change, they usually get back at about 4am.
  • Options
    Jimmy_McNultyJimmy_McNulty Posts: 11,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well the neighbour had a house party all night. From about 12am, i managed to get to sleep at 6am even though guys we're shouting loudly outside. Woke up again at 9am to more shouting.

Why does summer=acting like prats?