Favourite Avenger?

P_PP_P Posts: 18,497
Forum Member
✭✭
And why?

And which film are you most looking forward to next year; Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World?

Comments

• KarisKaris Posts: 6,380
    Forum Member
    Doctor Strange. Was he even an Avenger? I'm sure he was at some point!

Anyway. It's him...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    The Hulk, he's the only remotely tolerable Avenger, all the others annoying and smug. If it wasn't for him Marvel's The Avengers/Avengers Assemble would have been a rather large, expensive piece of shit (still however the most disappointing movie of the year for me)...
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    (still however the most disappointing movie of the year for me)...

Did you not see Prometheus? ;)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,488
    Forum Member
    Matt D wrote: »
    Did you not see Prometheus? ;)

Not yet (It's non my hit list) not seen Alien though, so I may be at an advantage
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait... You haven't seen Alien?! It's a classic!
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron Man. I have a lot of love for Iron Man.

Hawkeye was also a delightful surprise too.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Emma Peel.
  • ZeusZeus Posts: 10,459
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CLL Dodge wrote: »
    Emma Peel.

Heh :D I fancy that Mrs Peel could even have taken Black Widow!
  • Starry EyedStarry Eyed Posts: 1,569
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iron Man.
  • SnowyfaceSnowyface Posts: 1,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always have this argument with my brother. He thinks Thor is the best.

Hell no, Hulk and Hawkeye rule!

Don't like the Iron Man movies that much, but can't wait for Thor 2! :D
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hulk cos he smashes.
  • CMCM Posts: 33,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Purdy
  • LeightonismeLeightonisme Posts: 232
    Forum Member
    That's like asking a small child what there favourite chocolate bar is whilst in a sweet shop omg.
  • SilverCrownSilverCrown Posts: 1,766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hawkeye for me! Been a fan of his for many years.

Also a big fan of Ant-Man/Giant Man/YellowJacket or whatever you want to call him. :D
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karis wrote: »
    Doctor Strange. Was he even an Avenger? I'm sure he was at some point!

Anyway. It's him...

Yes I remember that Doctor Strange was a member at one point.
  • CBFreakCBFreak Posts: 28,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hawkeye
    then Again I liked him most prior to the films. Clint was cool.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Iron Man. The only interesting character in AA. He's the Wolverine of this, erm, story/arc/franchise/whatever.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As the OP has made this thread in the Movies forum and not in Comics I'm going to stick with the movie characters only.

Black Widow is my favourite, followed by Stark. He's one of the more interesting characters once you get past how unlikeable he is on the surface. Almost as damaged as Bruce Wayne.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thor and Iron Man. Definitely.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Either Iron Man or Thor, hard to say really.

The rest are pretty superfluous.

A guy with a bow who can telepathically communicate with Iron Man (seriously, watch the scene when he's on the rooftop, they have no communications devices yet he is able to talk to Stark...it's really odd)
    A girl with no discernable "powers" (being able to instantly shoot an alien weapon she has never seen before is not really special...how sexist is Marvel that the only female avenger is the weakest one?)
    Captain Punchbag who can't even shoot straight
    The Impossible Hulk (who miraculously appears, on cue on a motorbike the second he's needed and destroys the entire lore of the character in three seconds by deciding he can "hulk-out" whenever is suits him).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Earpieces can be quite small.

Banner knew where he was going because he was the only one who saw the results of the cube tracking programme before everything went tits-up on the helicarrier. He knew he needed to get to NYC, to Stark Tower.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    Iron Man

I like his sarcasm.
  • NarutoFan100NarutoFan100 Posts: 4,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thor. He just seems cool.
  • mialiciousmialicious Posts: 4,686
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Old.Tallen wrote: »
    Either Iron Man or Thor, hard to say really.

The rest are pretty superfluous.

A guy with a bow who can telepathically communicate with Iron Man (seriously, watch the scene when he's on the rooftop, they have no communications devices yet he is able to talk to Stark...it's really odd)
    A girl with no discernable "powers" (being able to instantly shoot an alien weapon she has never seen before is not really special...how sexist is Marvel that the only female avenger is the weakest one?)
    Captain Punchbag who can't even shoot straight
    The Impossible Hulk (who miraculously appears, on cue on a motorbike the second he's needed and destroys the entire lore of the character in three seconds by deciding he can "hulk-out" whenever is suits him).

Hulk comic has been running for 50 odd years and in that time there have been lots of variations of hulk. smart hulk, grey hulk, extra big hulk etc and also one that can control when he changes.
  • RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh boy, where to start...
    Old.Tallen wrote: »

It's not odd, it's technology. As already mentioned he was wearing an earpiece - something we've seen before, just like in the movie Thor when he was communicating with agent Coulson as Thor attempted to remove the hammer.

You're saying Whedon is sexist?? Do you have any idea how ridiculous that statement is. Anyway, what makes you think she's the weakest....take away the suit, or the bow and arrow, and she could easy beat both Stark and Hawkeye.

As seen at the end of The Incredible Hulk movie.