Options

Would you be happy to pay an increase in tax to make work optional?

Comments

• Options
    finkfink Posts: 2,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've done your bit to row the boat. If you want a rest I'd support it. Hopefully once you've rested you'll come back and row the boat some more.

Why don't you row the boat? In fact, why don't we just throw you over the side to make the rowing that bit easier for everyone else. :p
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    fink wrote: »
    Why don't you row the boat? In fact, why don't we just throw you over the side to make the rowing that bit easier for everyone else. :p

I've tried rowing the boat a few times but my disability meant I cause more problems than I was a help.
  • Options
    Hugh_Hugh_ Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

He took my place, an Im not going back lololol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've tried rowing the boat a few times but my disability meant I cause more problems than I was a help.

What's your physical disability that means you can't row?
  • Options
    Shirley CarterShirley Carter Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    You've done your bit to row the boat. If you want a rest I'd support it. Hopefully once you've rested you'll come back and row the boat some more.

Why when he can sit back and watch some other rmug row?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

If you don't work well with other you can do the shift in the craw's nest. otherwise your overboard.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You can sit there quietly and row.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this be the same Government who from October will consider those working under 35 hours a week and claiming Universal Credit "parasites"?

What are you talking about? :confused:

We were discussing this theoretical model of citizen's income. Take your boring Tory bashing elsewhere.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

We are also very tolerant so will be focusing on what you're capable of, so those around you will be understanding and will help you until you feel comfortable with rowing. If you really can't row at all then there are many many things for you to do to help your fellows on the boat which you will be eager to do.
  • Options
    abivanabivan Posts: 754
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Work defines you.

It is how others see you, your family and your children.

It allows you to live for yourself (aside from personal obligations)

Work is everything. It is a pain in the arse getting up at 6 every morning but it is such a fundamental part of a human existence that I really pity those who can not see its worth.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can sit there quietly and row.

If I could sit quietly and row, I wouldn't have a disability.
  • Options
    Forum Member

How does aspergers stop you from picking up and oar and rowing?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Stop writing yourself off, we will find some thing you can do , we look at the ability on this boat, whatever it may be you'll find a job here. We will do everything we can to enable you to work.
  • Options
    mackaramackara Posts: 4,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    :D:D excellent
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hugh_ wrote: »
    Stop writing yourself off, we will find some thing you can do , we look at the ability on this boat, whatever it may be you'll find a job here. We will do everything we can to enable you to work.

I have a feeling he would refuse everything and make excuses and just sit back.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stop writing yourself off, we will find some thing you can do .

He can clean the barnacles off the bottom.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Craws nest would be ok I think. No dealing with people just looking our for pirates and icebergs all day. Not doing the hard work but still contributing. That works on my boat.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I assume they didn't think they were being a mug when they were 'rowing'. So why would they think somebody else doing the same job would be a mug?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I assume they didn't think they were being a mug when they were 'rowing'. So why would they think somebody else doing the same job would be a mug?

They changed their mind, it happens. They stopped rowing and decided I do t have to go back to rowing, so they didn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member

They wold grow disheartened that's why, and again it's basic human nature which you've not taken into account.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The important thing is this is never going to happen, if it does happen I will be the first one to sign up to it. Give me money for free? I'm having some of that.

Especially If all of sudden I'm expected to take a pay cut in the form of higher taxes.
  • Options
    tghe-retfordtghe-retford Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What are you talking about? :confused:

We were discussing this theoretical model of citizen's income. Take your boring Tory bashing elsewhere.
    As much as you wish to dismiss it, these are the people whom will be targeted under current welfare reform, never mind additional plans after the Philpott case. The so called "shirkers".
  • Options
    topcat3topcat3 Posts: 3,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    your question doesnt make sense!

if you dont work you dont pay tax. So it would be others paying more tax so you dont have to work
  • Options
    skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So basically if you don't want to work then fine you get a very basic living wage and no questions asked. If you decide you want to work again as your sick of living on basics then you get a job.

This way everyone has the choice.

It will stop the government telling people they HAVE to get a job.

A more liberal society is a better society I think.

So I would say yes I would pay more tax and if need be we can always top up any shortfall by cutting oversea aid.

Do you agree? or are you very conservative.

And what happens if everyone decides not to work ? where does the money come from . And who would staff the essential servcies and shops for basics , or would some poeple be forced to work ?
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

perhaps all the people who can't work on this boat due to medical issues should be drowned eh Hugh :rolleyes: