My partner won't stop asking me 'what is wrong' or 'you have a tone'

2»

Comments

• Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a bitchy resting face. I am perfectly happy but look like a moody cow. When I am fed up though, boy my face really lets you know about it. I am going off to practice being unscrutable.

I meant inscrutable!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,749
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of back-ground info would help.

How long has this been going on? How long have you been together / married?

Anything ever happened to warrant this? Affair / separation? Anything in his past that could make him feel insecure?

Sorry lots of questions.

It just seems random that this has become a sudden issue.

What I was thinking...I had a 'friend' who was like this after his wife had an affair.
  • AOTBAOTB Posts: 9,708
    Forum Member
    OP, this would be my advice for what it is worth-

- ask him whether it is important to him for you to be happy. (the answer should of course be 'yes').
    - tell him that one thing that DOES make you unhappy (even if well intentioned on his part) is when he continually asks 'what's wrong' or says you 'have a tone'.

Explain that if he genuinely does have yours and his best interests at heart he will desist from saying the aforementioned things with immediate effect!

He may make the odd slip, and for that perhaps a little bit of patience should be advised, but not too much. A simple reminder of the above and that should do the trick!

If this fails, we shall have to elevate this to 'stage 2'. ;-)

Good luck!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    I meant inscrutable!!!

You are not alone :D