Options

I think Alexandra Burke is gonna smash it next week.

ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
Forum Member
Her singing this live:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6A-DEBfwDk

Nicole can have the 'best performance' title for one week because Alexandra is gonna prove to everyone why she won X Factor.

Actually cannot wait for her performance.

Comments

• Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only watching for Glee next week then I'm switching it back off :D
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra is a awesome performer and singer. She'll deffo smash it next week
  • Options
    ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Unigal07 wrote: »
    I'm only watching for Glee next week then I'm switching it back off :D

Alexandra > Glee

Alexandra will put on a performance.
    You'll be swallowing your words next week!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,501
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I definately agree that she has an oustanding voice. For some reason, I just cannot warm to her. I can't put my finger on it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 138
    Forum Member
    I can't actually waited for next week she will be amazing!!

And i also love Glee one of my favourite shows and BEP one of my favourite bands, even though iv gone slightly off them recently maybe because of overexposure! So great week all round! :)
  • Options
    soulmusicsoulmusic Posts: 2,396
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love The Silence, Alexandra will be the star without a shadow of doubt.
  • Options
    chuck_wipplchuck_wippl Posts: 5,099
    Forum Member
    I never got a straight answer to this question- Is she bald? slash...Why does she wear wigs/hair pieces/weaves?
  • Options
    MakinItHappenMakinItHappen Posts: 1,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh lord ... "smash it" the chavy little catch phrases are coming out now... how can anyone take on the Cheyrl trend?
  • Options
    NightFallsNightFalls Posts: 8,596
    Forum Member
    I like it, sounds good!
  • Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she's still relying on X Factor to get that little boost back in the public eye, shows you how bad Syco are at managing artists.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So she's still relying on X Factor to get that little boost back in the public eye, shows you how bad Syco are at managing artists.

Since her last XF appearance 12 months ago she's had a #8single (that's sold 250K), a #4 single (that's sold roughly the same), a #1 single for two weeks and her album has went double platinum.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    Alexandra > Glee

Don't think we will, the Glee cast are uber talented, Lea Michele is WAY better than Alexandra will ever be and that's from someone who likes her!
  • Options
    stargirl1stargirl1 Posts: 5,573
    Forum Member
    Shadow2009 wrote: »
    Since her last XF appearance 12 months ago she's had a #8single (that's sold 250K), a #4 single (that's sold roughly the same), a #1 single for two weeks and her album has went double platinum.

Plus, she has performed at just about every festival known to man over the lat year.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lea Michele and Cory Monteith = <3

And Mark Sailing. He's cool

I love Glee, I wish they aired the second series sooner. It's not the same watching it online. I gave up after episode 4 :(

The Silence should of been the second single from 'Overcome' IMO. I loved it when I first heard it, and would of been #1 no doubt.
  • Options
    JournalJournal Posts: 995
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Her singing this live:

Nicole can have the 'best performance' title for one week because Alexandra is gonna prove to everyone why she won X Factor.

lol at 'smash it'

that phrase is so overused!

kind of thing you'd see people say on Habbo or something.. lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shadow2009 wrote: »

Right, where was the UK tour or support slot before the one in January, wheres the build for her, wheres the promo work? Mid festival slot/TV Ad? - If this was any other label, the tour would be dealt with, and she'd be in the midst of planning a second album, its been over a year since she released her album, yet Cheryl Cole released 2 in a year and toured?

Diana Vickers released an album and toured with in a year and now is on a break planning her second album.

Poor management IMO, shes not being used to her full potential and would fair better on a different label.
  • Options
    researchshirleyresearchshirley Posts: 2,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Journal wrote: »
    lol at 'smash it'

that phrase is so overused!

kind of thing you'd see people say on Habbo or something.. lol

Yes, why do people keep talking about things being "smashed". It's quite annoying (especially when Cheryl says it.)
  • Options
    *Liya**Liya* Posts: 5,978
    Forum Member
    Right, wheres the UK tour or support slot before the one in January, wheres the build for her, wheres the promo work? Mid festival slot/TV Ad? - If this was any other label, the tour would be dealt with, and she'd be in the midst of planning a second album, its been over a year since she released her album, yet Cheryl Cole released 2 in a year and toured?

Diana Vickers released an album and toured with in a year and now is on a break planning her second album.

Poor management IMO, shes not being used to her full potential and would fair better on a different label

What? :confused:

She's been at countless festivals over the summer, promoted her 3rd #1 single at practically every major show. She is recording her second album now and probably wants it to be better than her debut...it takes time to get things right. And why would she need a support slot when she's headlining her own tour in less than 8 weeks?. She's about to launch a clothing line with JLS, has endorsement deals with Sure, Nokia and Nintendo Wii...she's constantly out there doing well for herself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What? :confused:

She's been at countless festivals over the summer, promoted her 3rd #1 single at practically every major show. She is recording her second album now and probably wants it to be better than her debut...it takes time to get things right. And why would she need a support slot when she's headlining her own tour in less than 8 weeks?. She's about to launch a clothing line with JLS, has a endorsement deal with Sure, Nokia and Nintendo Wii...she's constantly out there doing well for herself.

Shes only just starting to tour? - Once again I don't hold out much hope for her second album, and the one she's doing on X Factor is the a single from her first album, so she can't be planning a second album infact she's working on a 'Deluxe' version of her first.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    I definately agree that she has an oustanding voice. For some reason, I just cannot warm to her. I can't put my finger on it.

i know what you mean.she has a great voice but theres something annoying about her.i didnt really like her on x factor,always in tears and very irritating.
  • Options
    Red+BloodedRed+Blooded Posts: 4,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOVE that song, hope she sings it live.
  • Options
    Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alexandra > Glee

How? I won't be watching any of the rest of the show to draw any comparisons :) I'm not interested - hence why I haven't watched the show at all the past 2 weeks.

Oh and Alexandra doesn't even compare to the likes of Amber Riley, Lea Michele and Matthew Morrison ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,822
    Forum Member
    Can't believe that she's got a clothing range out with JLS, this shall be interesting :D
    The Silence is sick, amazing song. About time it was released, she's obviously going to kill it.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I never got a straight answer to this question- Is she bald? slash...Why does she wear wigs/hair pieces/weaves?

As a coot ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Her singing this live:

Nicole can have the 'best performance' title for one week
    because Alexandra is gonna prove to everyone why she won X Factor.

Unnecessary IMO. Nicole being talented doesn't make Alex any less talented. Nicole was brilliant, credit where credit's due!

Anyway, Alex will be amazing and blow all of these contestants (bar Matt) out of the water. And I'm pretty sure that the song will be #1 too if it's being digitally released, it's a great song. I'm excited for this performance :) (and dreading that stupid Glee cast!)