Options

Boxes that don't support 8k mode / Goodmans GDB6

beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
Forum Member
✭✭✭
My goodmans box broke (gdb6) and I was curious whether it was because it doesn't support 8k mode? Plugged in an old Sony box and that works. What should we do with the goodmans box?

Is there a list anywhere of boxes that don't support 8k mode. I live in the borough of Harrow, London, so have we been switched to digital yet?

Comments

• Options
    brumlad36brumlad36 Posts: 2,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beatrice39 wrote: »
    My goodmans box broke (gdb6) and I was curious whether it was because it doesn't support 8k mode? Plugged in an old Sony box and that works. What should we do with the goodmans box?

Is there a list anywhere of boxes that don't support 8k mode. I live in the borough of Harrow, London, so have we been switched to digital yet?

Here is a list of 2k only boxes http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/__data/assets/pdf_file/0015/21057/for_website_2K_only_models_ex_volumes_revised-Nov10.pdf
    In your area 2k is still being used. 8k only happens after digital switchover. No, your area has not be switched yet.

Chris.
  • Options
    radioredcatradioredcat Posts: 1,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's most likely bad capacitors in the power supply easy to repair if you can do it yourself otherwise it's cheaper to buy a new box.

I have seen a goodmans GDB10 only 6 months old with blown caps and with a price tag of £54.

Andy