Graham Norton Series 15 beginning 4 April 2014

samusek2samusek2 Posts: 3,882
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In honour of the start of a new series, I thought I would start a new thread to discuss the programme.

Here's what we know as of now:
They are taping two episodes for the first two weeks for some reason. There will be no tapings on weeks 5 and 7, so that is when these will be aired.

This week's actual episode will be taped Thursday and feature Russell Crowe, Cameron Diaz, Richard Ayoade. This episode will feature the long awaited reunion of Graham and Kylie. :D

Today's episode (pretape) will be the X-Men special with reportedly Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Hugh Jackman. Music is set to be Eurovision's Mollie Smitten Downs.

I don't know about next week's pretape but Episode 2 will be a Spider Man special with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx. Music will come from Paolo Nutini.

Comments

• cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No names there that grab me particularly but it'll be nice to have the show back, Friday nights have felt a bit barren without it.

ETA: liking the nice shiny new thread, thanks! :D
  • WhedoniteWhedonite Posts: 29,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samusek2 wrote: »
    In honour of the start of a new series, I thought I would start a new thread to discuss the programme.

Here's what we know as of now:
    They are taping two episodes for the first two weeks for some reason. There will be no tapings on weeks 5 and 7, so that is when these will be aired.

This week's actual episode will be taped Thursday and feature Russell Crowe, Cameron Diaz, Richard Ayoade. This episode will feature the long awaited reunion of Graham and Kylie. :D

Today's episode (pretape) will be the X-Men special with reportedly Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Hugh Jackman. Music is set to be Eurovision's Mollie Smitten Downs.

I don't know about next week's pretape but Episode 2 will be a Spider Man special with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone and Jamie Foxx. Music will come from Paolo Nutini.

Finally, Michael Fassbender will be able to speak without being interrupted by an idiotic drunk. The X-Men special sounds brilliant.
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mini bump

Looking forward to the show tonight. Watching mainly for Richard Ayoade, who I find absolutely hilarious. I also find Russell Crowe to be fairly decent on chat shows. Cameron Diaz and Kylie Minogue always bring enthusiasm too, so it should be a decent series opener.

Really looking forward to next week though. I loved The Amazing Spiderman, and I think Andrew Garfield, Jamie Foxx and Emma Stone are all great. I don't know what Garfield and Stone are like on chat shows, but Foxx was fairly decent when I saw him on Jonathan Ross promoting Django last year, so I'm looking forward to it :)
  • BryanandLucBryanandLuc Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If Graham is going to have singers performing I just wish he would have people we have heard of
    He seems to just have people we have never heard of, and never hear of again
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If Graham is going to have singers performing I just wish he would have people we have heard of

Examples? Kylie Minogue and Paolo Nutini are pretty famous, whereas Molly Smitten-Downes will be on purely because she's the British Eurovision entry this year.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been saying that Kylie is my future-wife since about 1988. It seems that she still hasn't heard yet.
  • FinalAnswer?FinalAnswer? Posts: 1,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Posted it in the other thread but Cameron Diaz's face scares me
  • Steven88Steven88 Posts: 1,882
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Every single music guest on the last series was well known and most were massively famous. :confused:
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Posted it in the other thread but Cameron Diaz's face scares me

Look at those thighs though...:p
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How awkward when Cameron Diaz asked Russell Crowe if he had ever been cheated on after the whole Meg Ryan fiasco.
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this is a very vagina heavy episode
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Graham just got owned by Diaz. Just got told to shut the **** up lol
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol what the hell is going on what's Cameron on.
  • CaseyKleinCaseyKlein Posts: 3,162
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    this guys going to be lex luthor....deary deary me
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaseyKlein wrote: »

He's one of the finest actors of his generation, so I think whatever is put on screen will at least be interesting.
  • computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CaseyKlein wrote: »

In fairness to him, all movie Lex's have sucked. The dude from Smallville nailed it though. But yeah, they could have gotten someone better.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 517
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is there anyone else in Hollywood more overpaid, annoying, unfunny, vacuous and just generally unbearable as Cameron Diaz?
  • welwynrosewelwynrose Posts: 33,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LostFool wrote: »
    I have been saying that Kylie is my future-wife since about 1988. It seems that she still hasn't heard yet.

My husband use to say the same
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    surfking wrote: »
    Is there anyone else in Hollywood more overpaid, annoying, unfunny, vacuous and just generally unbearable as Cameron Diaz?

She's normally ok but tonight she's just out of control she's getting on my nerves. Most of the show was mostly her >:(
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »

She's barely aged since then too...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fantastic episode this :D

Sure, Diaz was a bit overbearing and talked over the others quite a bit, but the 4 guests seemed to be enjoying themselves, which is always the most important thing. Happy guests = good guests. Ayoade didn't say a lot, but when he did speak, I was laughing quite a bit. Even when he says something seriously, he just sounds so dry :D
  • mountymounty Posts: 19,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    red chair woman was..

such hilarious

wow
  • ParthenonParthenon Posts: 7,499
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed that. Diaz spoke a bit much for my liking but the other 3 were good.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to have heard more from Richard Ayoade and less from Cameron Diaz but she does like to be the centre of attention.
  • LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Parthenon wrote: »
    She's barely aged since then too...

Unfortunately I have... thought it is remarkable how she has kept looking so good, and in some ways better, for over 25 years.