Options

Corrie -anyone else think this storyline is rubbish?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
Forum Member
I am really disappointed in this storyline with Katy killing her dad- I think the scripts are appalling and the whole thing has been rushed - it's really cheesy. What was all that with Martin and his "rock on Tommy" ?? What a shame Coronation Street couldn't have done this better - I think a good plot should stretch out over weeks and months building up to a finale - this one just seemed to go from nothing to everything in about 10 minutes!! Anyone else feel the same?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, I think it is fab!

It has been building up for months due to the tension that Tommy has been causing between Martin and Katy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In a way tho it hasnt.
    How long have Martin and Katie been together?
    Step further when they moved in together,
    Further still when she was pregnant
    And now...it all snowballs
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm quite enjoying this storyline and as well as being realistic I think the acting's been superb. :D
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    The build up and Tommy's death wasn't very good IMO but the aftermath has been superb!

Laura xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 50
    Forum Member
    Im just not feeling the tension like I did with Gail and the Murderer - I don't know whether it is the characters or the storyline. I have to say though, (with you saying the aftermath has been superb) that I lost interest when she murdered him so I havent really been paying much attention to what has gone on since.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I also think the storyline is brilliant - when Katy actually hit Tommy it was pretty poor - but the aftermath is amazing! :)

Cheers, Todd&Karl4ev4 lilmissjc (The Future Mrs. Finch!! and Chris' No.1 Fan!) :D :cool: :D :cool:
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cfcfanatic wrote:
    In a way tho it hasnt.
    How long have Martin and Katie been together?
    Step further when they moved in together,
    Further still when she was pregnant
    And now...it all snowballs

Well, they must've been together about a year - 18 months or thereabouts and it's been the storm has been brewing ever since really. It all snowballed because Tommy got the wrong end of the stick about Martin and Sally - so, on balance, I don't think that it's been rushed at all.
  • Options
    CaramelCaramel Posts: 1,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's a great story and it is well written. I don't agree it's been rushed, problems between the Harris' and Martin living with Katy have been brewing for ages.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    karlslover wrote:
    I also think the storyline is brilliant - when Katy actually hit Tommy it was pretty poor - but the aftermath is amazing! :)

Cheers, Todd&Karl4ev4 lilmissjc (The Future Mrs. Finch!! and Chris' No.1 Fan!) :D :cool: :D :cool:

I agree, she didn't seem to hit him very hard, but I suppose they have to be sensitive to the pre-watershed timeslot. It was the same when Chrissie / Zoe hit Den with the dog in 'Stenders.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vonneeeeee wrote:
    Well, they must've been together about a year - 18 months or thereabouts and it's been the storm has been brewing ever since really. It all snowballed because Tommy got the wrong end of the stick about Martin and Sally - so, on balance, I don't think that it's been rushed at all.

Yeh am I right in thinking that Martin and Katie got together and close due to her being diabetic, so how long ago was that?
  • Options
    NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ali1998 wrote:
    I lost interest when she murdered him so I havent really been paying much attention to what has gone on since.
    Well that explains it then :rolleyes:
    The actual murder is such a small part of this storyline- its mainly about the aftermath.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved the way it was built up slowly... with all the threads coming together... Sally's affair/Martin and Katy/Martin and Sally's history... it's one of the best written stories I can remember in recent years...
    The aftermath is also being handled really well. All characters involved have stepped up a gear and have completely shone... especially Sally and Kevin, and Angela and Katy.
    Sally has gone from a really irritating character, to one of the soaps sneakiest, nastiest pieces of work... and she's brilliant for it!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sally has gone from a really irritating character, to one of the soaps sneakiest, nastiest pieces of work... and she's brilliant for it!!

She makes Lady MacBeth look like Anne of Green Gables :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 505
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ali1998 wrote:
    Im just not feeling the tension like I did with Gail and the Murderer

Haha, just remembered the 'build up' episode where he got Norris to walk on an expensive carpet to keep quiet about what he suspected about Emily's money... now that was surreal!

Current storyline's a bit 'out there', but I think it's better on screen than on paper, largely down to the acting.
  • Options
    shazspiceshazspice Posts: 224
    Forum Member
    I think the Tommy murder storyline is good. I like the way that corrie ad humour to the programme with Sean at his dogs funeral it made the programme more entertaining it can get a bit boring watching angela and katie crying all the time :)
  • Options
    EJCutlerEJCutler Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    I'm currently working on a website "Killer Corrie" with the domain name "www.killercorrie.com"

I need some helpers, so please could you email me (edward.cutler@cutlermedia.com) if you'd like to help. I will need resources, i was wondering if anyone could capture the adverts for Killer Kaite and email them me for the site? I'm also including "Richard Hillman" and "Maya Sharma"

Thanks

Edward
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I am not keen on this storyline just don't think it is living up to all the hype. It hasn't compelled me to watch every night anyway. While the acting may be good all I ever see when I watch Corrie is Chewbaca....erm sorry......Angela's hair! It is crazy! :D
  • Options
    WalfordWillWalfordWill Posts: 6,686
    Forum Member
    At first I wasn't too keen on the idea, but when I saw well built up it was and how another storyline had such massive reprecussions for the Harris family, I've loved it. I loved Monday's episode, the aftermath and I'm looking forward to seeing last nights and Fridays. I think its a great storyline.
  • Options
    HellBoyHellBoy Posts: 5,354
    Forum Member
    love the storyline, superbly written and acted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    I'm bored by the histrionics and sobbing, and don't find the storyline at all convincing. But then, I can't stand Katy so the only thing that would make me enjoy this story is if she got arrested. I could quite enjoy her trial.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ali1998 wrote:
    I am really disappointed in this storyline with Katy killing her dad- I think the scripts are appalling and the whole thing has been rushed - it's really cheesy. What was all that with Martin and his "rock on Tommy" ?? What a shame Coronation Street couldn't have done this better - I think a good plot should stretch out over weeks and months building up to a finale - this one just seemed to go from nothing to everything in about 10 minutes!! Anyone else feel the same?

I very much disagree even though I have no time for the Katie character. Plots which go on for months are quite often very tedius :cool:
  • Options
    julieannujulieannu Posts: 1,999
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL - we were in stitches at Sean and the dogs funeral.

I have been enjoying this funeral. I think what got to Katy most was the way Tommy was so unrepentant after causing so much grief, still making snide remarks about Martin, suggesting he would go for Rosie etc, but mostly because he seemed PLEASED at what he had done.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 120
    Forum Member
    I've been looking forward to this storyline for ages but only because I thought atleast it meant Katy would be going soon. I was really suprised by Lucy Jo Hudson though. Her actings improved so much so suddenly. I couldn't stand her before when she was with Martin and wanted her to get hit by a bus or something and now I don't want her to leave!
  • Options
    ray76709ray76709 Posts: 1,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    though its annoying...you cant escape from zoe or katie crying. and soon it will happen in emmerdale aswell
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been looking forward to this storyline for ages but only because I thought atleast it meant Katy would be going soon. I was really suprised by Lucy Jo Hudson though. Her actings improved so much so suddenly. I couldn't stand her before when she was with Martin and wanted her to get hit by a bus or something and now I don't want her to leave!

It is possible that previously she just played annoying spoiled brat equally well and convinced us all!