Celebs who may be playing the gay card card for column inches?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
Forum Member
It's a slow morning in the sticks here, so i was looking at, among others, the "in the closet " thread (which strikes me as more of a wish list than actual "news") and it set me wondering...

How many celebs show a public persona in the "proud to be gay " camp (excuse the pun) when in fact they are secretly straight?

Cynical of me, I admit, but what do you think?

Comments

• poppy10poppy10 Posts: 1,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The man who is in Torchwood :D I forget his name.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    David Walliams has made a whole career out of it.
  • phasersphasers Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Scottish bloke with the American accent who was on Doctor Who has made a career about talking about being gay!
  • alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a rumour many years ago when Julian Clary first surfaced, that he was straight and secretly married with 3 kids. I think that's a lie though.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    In my eyes, Larry Grayson was the first 'out' entertainer who never actually admitted he was gay! Obviously, he was - but thirty years ago it was a bold thing to do. He was loved by millions (of all ages) and no-one was offended. Who could forget his 'friends' Slack Alice, Apricot LIl, Pop it in Pete (The postman) and dear Everard:D
  • Yorkie47Yorkie47 Posts: 1,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Michael Barrymore is the classic example. First he's straight, then he's gay. Now he hasn't been in the papers for a while so he's decided he's straight again. Watch this space, he'll be a transvestite next.
  • sands11sands11 Posts: 700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They all pretend to be gay, its such a good career move.:rolleyes:

I've never heard anything so stupid.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Keeley Hawes 'came out' as bisexual when she was starring in Tipping the Velvet, only to jump back into the closet years later.
  • lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many celebs show a public persona in the "proud to be gay " camp (excuse the pun) when in fact they are secretly straight?

Cynical of me, I admit, but what do you think?

Only a tiny percentage and that's predominantly the ones who have very little to offer in talent and have to rely on getting sensational headlines in order to keep them in the public eye.