Options

Shocking video of Guman going beserk in Florida School

Comments

• Options
    AzagothAzagoth Posts: 10,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an idiot, he even managed a ND. Would've been hilarious if he'd have hit his foot.
  • Options
    LeehamLeeham Posts: 4,795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HhWSMZs5xM

Anyone else think the dumb bitch with the purse was hilarious? She was prime for shooting but he let her go, nice chap!
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HhWSMZs5xM

Anyone else think the dumb bitch with the purse was hilarious?

Uh. No. Did you think you were watching a Hollywood movie? Those were real people fearing for their lives for christ's sake.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Uh. No. Did you think you were watching a Hollywood movie? Those were real people fearing for their lives for christ's sake.

Exactly, so swiping his head with a light purse was a terrible course of action. Clearly she wasn't trained in self defence and hit the floor immediately. I guess she gets credit for fighting instead of flighting, but a little more effort in the fight would have been nice.

At least take out his legs or something, she could have picked up ANYTHING that would have hit harder than her purse.

If we're being serious for a moment, she could have spooked him and caused much more chaos - he was calm and had the gun in a neutral position at the time. He could have flipped and started shooting earlier which may have killed someone or injured more people.
  • Options
    epicurianepicurian Posts: 19,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Leeham wrote: »
    Exactly, so swiping his head with a light purse was a terrible course of action. Clearly she wasn't trained in self defence and hit the floor immediately. I guess she gets credit for fighting instead of flighting, but a little more effort in the fight would have been nice.

At least take out his legs or something, she could have picked up ANYTHING that would have hit harder than her purse.

Sometimes clear thinking goes out the door in high stress situations. It's called fight-or-flight, and I hope to never find out how I'd react. But by all means, point an laugh at the "dumb bitch". Classy as ever, DS.
  • Options
    JamesC81JamesC81 Posts: 14,792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank God the UK doesnt have the same crap gun laws as the USA.

except that in this country criminals can have them. at least in america its a level playing field
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    epicurian wrote: »
    Sometimes clear thinking goes out the door in high stress situations. It's called fight-or-flight, and I hope to never find out how I'd react. But by all means, point an laugh at the "dumb bitch". Classy as ever, DS.

I edited my post right before you posted just to clarify, if she had been killed because of her action I certainly wouldn't be taking the same stance.
  • Options
    TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So all those who demand that we here in Britain remove the welfare state, stop trying to treat drug addicts and let everyone who loses their job fend for themselves, would you all be happy when this type of thing becomes increasingly common here in the UK?.

We don't have free availability of guns so it is unlikely to become increasingly common.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JamesC81 wrote: »
    except that in this country criminals can have them. at least in america its a level playing field

That is one of the stupidest comments i've read on here for a while. Criminals in this country don't generally have guns because they don't need them, if the public were armed then so would your burglar be.
  • Options
    Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    That is one of the stupidest comments i've read on here for a while. Criminals in this country don't generally have guns because they don't need them, if the public were armed then so would your burglar be.

Next time I get mugged at knife-point I'll try and remember to thank the mugger for being so considerate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    Next time I get mugged at knife-point I'll try and remember to thank the mugger for being so considerate.

Well thank god you aren't being mugged at gunpoint.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well thank god you aren't being mugged at gunpoint.

Why?

Frankly, if I'm going to die in a violent crime it's not really going to matter whether I'm fatally stabbed or shot.
  • Options
    GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why?

Frankly, if I'm going to die in a violent crime it's not really going to matter whether I'm fatally stabbed or shot.

Because you stand a reasonable chance against someone with a knife, if only because running away is alot easier. Or try that odds are a knife wound won't be as serious as a bullet wound and the hospital will have experiance of treating it correctly.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why?

You stand far more chance against a knife than a gun.
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Try telling the U.S. gun lobby that. They seem to think there is no connection.

I know huh, if we just got rid of peoples rights we'd all be safe and there would be no terrorism or crime. :D

http://reason.com/archives/2002/11/01/gun-controls-twisted-outcome
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    I know huh, if we just got rid of peoples rights we'd all be safe and there would be no terrorism or crime. :D

Yeah, keep on hiding behind your rights and watch people gunned down, but as long as you've got your rights.
  • Options
    stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    Last year 381 Germans were killed by guns. There were 165 gun deaths in Canada, 68 in the UK, 65 in Australia and 39 in Japan. In the US there were 11,127

USA's gun-related death rate is 3.6/100,000p. but for rest of the developed world,it's around 0,1-0,5/100k
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last year 381 Germans were killed by guns. There were 165 gun deaths in Canada, 68 in the UK, 65 in Australia and 39 in Japan. In the US there were 11,127

USA's gun-related death rate is 3.6/100,000p. but for rest of the developed world,it's around 0,1-0,5/100k

Yep,

For sure the US idea of gun culture is far from ideal and I'd certainly never hold it up as an example of something we should be doing.

Course, there are also countries like Switzerland and Finland where gun ownership is legal and where members of the armed forces are allowed to keep assault rifles in their homes.
    Their incidences of gun crime are far lower than the USA.

If nothing else, that suggests that there's more to the problems in the USA than simply the availability of legal firearms.
  • Options
    pocatellopocatello Posts: 8,813
    Forum Member
    Yeah, keep on hiding behind your rights and watch people gunned down, but as long as you've got your rights.

Yea well keep pretending you know what you are talking about. You can be beaten to an inch of your life and never show up on a statistic, and you can fend off an attacker and also fail to end up as a convenient figure. Like it or not the criminals in the uk know they have easy pickings, and the robberies and crimes against people + fear are rampant as ever. Banning things has done nothing, now cameras are everywhere, people fear the children, and public safety and trust are pretty much nonexistent. Good job on the guns though.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Have you not had gun rampages in the UK? Let me answer for you. Yes. You have. Outlawing guns doesn't prevent these things.

Outlawing suicide bombers doesn't seem stop the UK breeding them either.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pocatello wrote: »
    Yea well keep pretending you know what you are talking about. You can be beaten to an inch of your life and never show up on a statistic, and you can fend off an attacker and also fail to end up as a convenient figure. Like it or not the criminals in the uk know they have easy pickings, and the robberies and crimes against people + fear are rampant as ever. Banning things has done nothing, now cameras are everywhere, people fear the children, and public safety and trust are pretty much nonexistent. Good job on the guns though.

I am on about gun crime, nothing else.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have you not had gun rampages in the UK? Let me answer for you. Yes. You have. Outlawing guns doesn't prevent these things.

Outlawing suicide bombers doesn't seem stop the UK breeding them either.

Yes, we've had 4 or 5 gun rampages in the last 20 years. The U.S. have had more than that this year.
  • Options
    BrooklynBoyBrooklynBoy Posts: 10,595
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, we've had 4 or 5 gun rampages in the last 20 years. The U.S. have had more than that this year.

Perhaps but your theory of outlaw guns stops gun crime doesn't hold true. Criminals still have guns whether they can do so legally or not. Were the Whitehaven, Hungerford and Dunblane massacres carried out by criminal elements known prior to their atrocities? My own knowledge of the situation is that they were perceived to all be normal healthy members of society prior to what they did. Where did they get their guns if they're illegal.

Most crimes are proprotionally at a far higher rate in the UK than the US. Knives are illegal and knife crime is a big problem there. There are assorted individuals and groups over the decades there who like to blow others up. Yes, this thread is about a gunman, not guman who obviously has big issues. The usual attitude of "stupid yanks shouldn't have guns" doesn't wash though.
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    An hero....
  • Options
    Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    You're more likely to be mugged, robbed, or assaulted over here than there. I think people miss the point that America's crime is not really a result of lax gun laws so much as societal and cultural factors. Even Michael Moore came to this conclusion. Many other western countries have similar levels of gun control as the U.S. yet still have very low levels of violent crime. Moreover, the increased gun control over the last decade plus in the UK hasn't seen a drop in violent crime or even gun crime. It has risen actually.