Options

Snow Watch 2010/11 Season

Comments

• Options
    TheBillyTheBilly Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    A full covering in Belfast. Couple of cms and still snowing. :)
  • Options
    dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VERY light snow in Brighton. Not settling as it's so wet.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It started here on Anglesey earlier but nothing much. I'm on full snow watch as I'm dreading the schools finishing early, I was looking forward to my last child free day before the holidays! :p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Coming down fast in Lewes, but only settling on the cars as the ground is wet.
  • Options
    5th Horseman5th Horseman Posts: 10,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aberdeen is a complete mess tonight, took over 3 hours to get the 6 miles home on the bus.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A very light covering now in Norwich. Looks very nice. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Still coming down heavy in Belfast. A few inches now. :)
  • Options
    cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I'm in the west of Ireland and in my town there's a hint of snow outside. Hope it doesn't get any worse as I have an exam tomorrow!
  • Options
    parsleyisfunparsleyisfun Posts: 4,164
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    White over on the cambrian coast of Wales :(
  • Options
    emailsemails Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    forcast is wales ,cheshire,the midlands & southeast will get the worst of it saturday,god help us
  • Options
    Turnbull2000Turnbull2000 Posts: 7,588
    Forum Member
    Supposed to be landing here tomorrow. Forecast is even heavier snow a couple of hours before my hopeful arrival. :mad:

http://www.hb9bza.net/netcam/index.html
  • Options
    bingomanbingoman Posts: 23,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here in March, Cambs we had Snow for 2 hours this afternoon and none since:eek::confused:

My sister who lives in Northhampton had Snow from about 5pm this evening when rang me to see if i had any:confused:

And in Parts of East London/ essex Border, i have a few family members and Friends telling they also had snow aswell:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Could have a foot by morning here, it just keeps coming. http://www.raintoday.co.uk/
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No snow in Swansea as yet, I am hoping it will stay like that as I have my Xmas Party tomorrow and I don't fancy doing any Torvill and Dean impressions.
  • Options
    Radio RuderhamRadio Ruderham Posts: 13,776
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had another dusting this evening
    falling on top of ice,
    minor roads are like skating rinks
    Major roads are reasonably fine.
    Asolutley freezing
    here positivley Baltic:(
  • Options
    irishguyirishguy Posts: 22,172
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TheBilly wrote: »
    Still coming down heavy in Belfast. A few inches now. :)

Its even worse now. Think I'll ditch the car tomorrow and just walk in with this much lying
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member
    Heavy snow forecast for Cardiff in the early hours with light snow just before and all day after, can't see it though, there is a band of snow over the very west of Wales sort of heading south east towards Cardiff on the radars but it's breaking up and already loosing momentum, Maybe a bit of drizzle during the day and some proper snow over the weekend, the sky's currently still rather clear. We'll see in the morning I guess.

(Not getting my hopes up this week after several met office warnings amounting to nothing for us during last month's cold snap)
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Around 4-5 inches have fallen in Aberdeen over the last 12 hours. Heavy drifting. Roads passable but visibilty very low when it snows. The snow is really fine stuff. A sharp frost just now. Driving later on should be fun.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,125
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Most of it's going to miss Shropshire again...we always seem to miss out
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Judging by the radar maps over the past few hours, Belfast must be knee-deep in the stuff by now and it would seem that it's still falling with more continually heading their way.
  • Options
    †¤AzumiMiyako¤††¤AzumiMiyako¤† Posts: 3,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had a dusting earlier. It only settled on the grass and on top of cars. It's been raining all day so none on pavements or the road or anything.
  • Options
    toogoodfortvtoogoodfortv Posts: 6,536
    Forum Member
    Amy_S wrote: »
    Judging by the radar maps over the past few hours, Belfast must be knee-deep in the stuff by now and it would seem that it's still falling with more continually heading their way.

Ya got that right....

Looks like I won't get my car down the hill tomorrow.....

Have a deadline in work for 12 and its to be hand delivered - save us all :(

Love it though - so pretty!! Hit my dad with a snowball earlier - he was in back garden, I was hanging out attic window - pelted him unexpectedley on the shoulder - classic! Tried to get me back but closed my windy just in time...

I haven't seen the main roads in Belfast covered like this in a long time.... main roads were starting to cover on my way home from work....
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    emails wrote: »
    forcast is wales ,cheshire,the midlands & southeast will get the worst of it saturday,god help us

My mum will be thrilled, she's in Chester and bloody loves the stuff.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Amy_S wrote: »

Yeah, you're right.. its still falling... although pretty lightly.

Can't imagine too many people getting to work on time tomorrow... people in the country will have to dig their way out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ya got that right....

Looks like I won't get my car down the hill tomorrow.....

Have a deadline in work for 12 and its to be hand delivered - save us all :(

Love it though - so pretty!! Hit my dad with a snowball earlier - he was in back garden, I was hanging out attic window - pelted him unexpectedley on the shoulder - classic! Tried to get me back but closed my windy just in time...

I haven't seen the main roads in Belfast covered like this in a long time.... main roads were starting to cover on my way home from work....

I know. Usually we escape very lightly, while eastern England and Scotland bare the brunt of it. Must be the gulf stream buffering us from the cold... not today though.... Gonna be fun tomorrow. Bout time we had some good snow fall instead of just that crappy icy slushy rubbish.
This discussion has been closed.