Comments

• ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox mag have confirmed The Division has been delayed until 2015 across all formats.
  • hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    Is anyone getting this when it comes out?
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    Which one 2 games now mentioned in thread. For Dying Light I may depending on Dead Isle 2, will wait and compare them. I have the Division on pre-order, but hoping it doesn't turn into the mess that is Destiny, as they both appear to be fairly similar.
  • MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dying light just looks a bit, well, dull somehow.
    Forum Member
    I thought Dying Light looked ok but it seems like you just run around a lot where as I wanted a open world game where you can just go where you like.
  • BanziBabyBanziBaby Posts: 473
    Forum Member
    hazydayz wrote: »
    I thought Dying Light looked ok but it seems like you just run around a lot where as I wanted a open world game where you can just go where you like.

I watched a video that was about I hour 50 minutes or more long that had two of the game devs playing & talking about the game. Sure they said that the map or maps are a lot bigger than Dead Island ones.

Found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZCd0FEZes

I know that Dead Island & Dead Island Riptide had a lot of critics but I actually enjoyed them quite a bit, in places they were very atmospheric & made me feel like I was on a Lucio Fuci set :D
    Forum Member
    I suppose I liked the idea of a zombie world but one where you had places to stay that were safe, interact with other characters, drive cars, have little shops and things where u trade items for guns or food and basically have a real world setting and the zombie thing is existing around it and you can choose to go out and do missions and stuff.
  • Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played the demo of Dying Light at EGX.

It was too short to get used to the verticality, but it was interesting.

What made me more interested in the game, though, was chatting with the lead designer, Maciej Binkowski - he was *really* passionate and *really* enthusiastic and it sounded very interesting from what he was saying. I know you expect a dev to sell their vision and their game, but he was so open and so positive, more than others I talked to at EGX.

I find the delay of the physical version (outside the US) rather odd, though. Digital download is going to be on time, but the disc has been pushed back in Europe and elsewhere...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BanziBaby wrote: »
    I watched a video that was about I hour 50 minutes or more long that had two of the game devs playing & talking about the game. Sure they said that the map or maps are a lot bigger than Dead Island ones.

Found the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FrZCd0FEZes

I know that Dead Island & Dead Island Riptide had a lot of critics but I actually enjoyed them quite a bit, in places they were very atmospheric & made me feel like I was on a Lucio Fuci set :D

Nah, too brightly lit, not in '70's colour, camera too steady and not gory enough. Nothing like Fulci.
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    Nah, too brightly lit, not in '70's colour, camera too steady and not gory enough. Nothing like Fulci.

You do have a point there lol, Zombie Flesheaters is one of my fav zombie movies along with the Romero ones & Brain Dead, I know he gets a lot of stick sometimes but the guy did make some good bad movies :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked city of the living dead, the beyond although neither id a zombie movie as such. There was one about a plane load of zombies arriving in New York, running zombies, can't remember the name of it though. Don't think it was Fulci. The Romero ones seem to be the basis for most zombie games. It would be nice if someone did a '70's style zombie game.
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This looks good to me. Too bad the disc version got pushed back, I won't be buying it digitally as it will be expensive, so I'll wait for the physical copy to be released.
  • reglipreglip Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    This looks good to me. Too bad the disc version got pushed back, I won't be buying it digitally as it will be expensive, so I'll wait for the physical copy to be released.

You can get it for 25.99 with dlc on steam
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Delaying the retail release but not the digital one seems a bit strange to me, I've never heard of anything like that for a major retail release before. All Techland have said is that because disc copies take longer to produce than digital they've had to delay it, that may be true but surely that's factored in to every release when the date is chosen.

If it was for classification reasons or because of some major bugs well wouldn't that cause the digital version to be delayed too, besides which couldn't a day one patch have sorted that out anyway?
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,207
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reglip wrote: »

He may have been referring to the console versions, which are £54.99!
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,241
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    reglip wrote: »
    I'm not part of the ''PC master race'' sadly.
    Forum Member
    MC_Satan wrote: »
    I liked city of the living dead, the beyond although neither id a zombie movie as such. There was one about a plane load of zombies arriving in New York, running zombies, can't remember the name of it though. Don't think it was Fulci. The Romero ones seem to be the basis for most zombie games. It would be nice if someone did a '70's style zombie game.

Love city of the living dead & the beyond as well, low budget movies that really had a sense of atmosphere, the other one I remember when I was a kid was Zombie Creeping Flesh, great title pity about the movie lol. There does seem to be a glut of zombie games out the now & more coming out in future like Day Z & sony's H1Z1.

I will see about getting Dying Light but the recommended specs are bit on the high side.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Playing this at the moment, put 7 hours in so far and I'm really enjoying it. Going out at night is soooo scary, I rarely do it!

Anybody else playing this?
  • Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    Waiting for the disc version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watched a few gameplay videos, might get it when it's down to about 20 quid.
  • GroutyGrouty Posts: 34,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got it through Steam today, its great, as are the gfx. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused why Amazon are giving a release date now of the 27th February yet physical copies are now in stores?

Edited to say it isn't, mate was showing me a US import >:(
    Forum Member
    Is it just you doing missions or do speak with other survivors in the game?
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Strange game. Looks and feels like a copy of the Far Cry games. If you'd told me it was developed by the same people to tick the Far Cry + Zombies box I'd have believed you. At various points in DL you even climb radio towers and then force open a box at the top in the exact same perspective and style as Far Cry before sliding down a rope. It's such a blatant copy.
  • Flawed-TacticsFlawed-Tactics Posts: 3,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Strange game. Looks and feels like a copy of the Far Cry games. If you'd told me it was developed by the same people to tick the Far Cry + Zombies box I'd have believed you. At various points in DL you even climb radio towers and then force open a box at the top in the exact same perspective and style as Far Cry before sliding down a rope. It's such a blatant copy.

I agree with all of your points but the game has a totally different atmosphere to far cry games, the limited weapon use and emphasis on melee weapons and not firearms give the game a more dead island feel over far cry imo. I think techland have done enough to give this game its own identity.