Options

Quick Question Regarding The Blacklist...

Rich_LRich_L Posts: 6,110
Forum Member
Hi all,

The Blacklist is back this weekend on Sky Living HD however Sky in their infinite wisdom are showing it from episode 6 whereas when it went off for its 'winter break' episode 6 had already been shown (and in the US its back with episode 9)

I thought the whole reason to stop people downloading programmes was to show the latest US episode in the UK the day after it airs in the States.

So does anyone know why Sky are starting back with episode 6 (which they've already broadcasted last year) and the US is starting back with episode 9?

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "Home / Forums / TV / TV Shows: UK /...."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Straker wrote: »
    "Home / Forums / TV / TV Shows: UK /...."

Bore off!!!!

The Blacklist is back this weekend on Sky Living HD which is a UK channel is it not?

Didnt realise Sky TV and Sky Living HD was in the USA, my question relates the the UK showing mate...
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rich_L wrote: »
    Bore off!!!!

The Blacklist is back this weekend on Sky Living HD which is a UK channel is it not?

Didnt realise Sky TV and Sky Living HD was in the USA, my question relates the the UK showing mate...

Belongs in the US TV forum. You know it, I know it and so does everyone else.

Found this thread in just a few seconds, guess where?:

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2040764

You've been here 10 years - How can you not know that US telly has it's own forum?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How does it when I am asking why Sky in the UK are showing it from episode 6 which has been shown in the UK?

Surely the thread in the US forum is at US pace which I dont want to know about.

EDIT: Fair enough if I'm wrong, I'm wrong.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It belongs in US TV shows because that is what it is, Even when discussing UK pace, You just need to start this thread there and ask for no spoilers
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It could be made in Holland or Delhi for all it matters, all I wanted to know was why in the UK they were starting back with episode 6.

I wont bother asking again.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Hi all,

The Blacklist is back this weekend on Sky Living HD however Sky in their infinite wisdom are showing it from episode 6 whereas when it went off for its 'winter break' episode 6 had already been shown (and in the US its back with episode 9)

I thought the whole reason to stop people downloading programmes was to show the latest US episode in the UK the day after it airs in the States.

So does anyone know why Sky are starting back with episode 6 (which they've already broadcasted last year) and the US is starting back with episode 9?

Thanks.
    Living have been showing repeats of S2 for weeks so not sure why you think they're starting from EP6.
    All of S2 (1 to 8) is available On Demand.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    It could be made in Holland or Delhi for all it matters, all I wanted to know was why in the UK they were starting back with episode 6.

I wont bother asking again.

It's just the way the forum is, No need to get huffed about it

You are more likely to get correct info in the correct forum
  • Options
    alternatealternate Posts: 8,110
    Forum Member
    The answer is that they want to show as close to US date as possible but do not want all the breaks that US tv has - so building up a 3 week buffer is a compromise.