Shocking video of Guman going beserk in Florida School

stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
Forum Member
Viewer discretion advised. Some brave people in that board meeting. Video at bottom of the page. However, what the hell was that woman with the handbag doing! She put everyones lives in danger!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1338645/BREAKING-NEWS-Gunman-opens-Florida-school-board-meeting.html

'Please don't': The horrifying moment a man stares death in the face as gunman with a vendetta opens fire inside a Florida school

Comments

• dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn it! He let off a heck of a lot of shots, not to hit anybody!:eek:

Brave Board of Guvnors, scary day!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually he wasn't going berserk at all; he was chillingly calm. Whatever prompted it, it's a shame it had to turn out that way.
  • shackfanshackfan Posts: 15,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motto : never upset a woman with a large handbag;)
    Actually that was amazingly brave of her. She should get an award. That was a gutsy move.
  • dylan99dylan99 Posts: 10,004
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The lady swinging the bag was amazing! The gunman didn't so much fend her off, as she collapsed at his feet, distraught. My first thought was what if it had been a bloke, with a heavy object who crept up on him.
  • stirlingguy1stirlingguy1 Posts: 7,038
    Forum Member
    shackfan wrote: »
    Actually that was amazingly brave of her. She should get an award. That was a gutsy move.

Yeah it was brave, but in retrospect, possibly a little bit stupid. It was a move that could have (and possibly did) antagonise him more.
  • lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member
    His unemployed wife muat be so proud! :rolleyes:
  • quiniequinie Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG they were all so calm! Especially that blonde woman right next to him - when he said she could leave and she casually picked up her purse/phone/whatever and walked out as if it was nothing!

I would have shot out of there sooooo quick if it was me and sod whatever was left on the desk!!!

... as for lady with the bag - not sure that that helped matters at all!

What was he arguing about - does anybody know?!
  • Si_CreweSi_Crewe Posts: 40,202
    Forum Member
    quinie wrote: »
    What was he arguing about - does anybody know?!

I'm guessing his wife was a school employee of some kind and the school board fired her so he went down there to have a chat with the school board about it.

Gotta say, this is a TERRIFIC example of how poor choice of words can inflame a situation.

Several times the gunman says that his wife was fired and the other guy replies by asking "what did she do?".
    Now, I guess he meant "What was her job?" but a guy pointing a gun at you isn't the most balanced person in the world and the phrase "what did she do?" might be misinterpreted as meaning "why was she fired?" and implies that she was fired for some wrong-doing.

The woman with the handbag was an idiot who is lucky to be alive.

The real hero is the guy (I think he was off-camera) who kept saying that HE was the one who was responsible for firing the gunmans wife and not the entire school board.
    That takes some real guts.

Must say, I wonder if it'll turn out the gun was a blank-firer or a real weapon loaded with blanks?
    I can't believe that anybody who'd own a respectable weapon such as that Glock would be incompetent enough to miss at that range.
  • Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Si_Crewe wrote: »
    I'm guessing his wife was a school employee of some kind and the school board fired her so he went down there to have a chat with the school board about it.

Gotta say, this is a TERRIFIC example of how poor choice of words can inflame a situation.

Several times the gunman says that his wife was fired and the other guy replies by asking "what did she do?".
    Now, I guess he meant "What was her job?" but a guy pointing a gun at you isn't the most balanced person in the world and the phrase "what did she do?" might be misinterpreted as meaning "why was she fired?" and implies that she was fired for some wrong-doing.

The woman with the handbag was an idiot who is lucky to be alive.

The real hero is the guy (I think he was off-camera) who kept saying that HE was the one who was responsible for firing the gunmans wife and not the entire school board.
    That takes some real guts.

Must say, I wonder if it'll turn out the gun was a blank-firer or a real weapon loaded with blanks?
    I can't believe that anybody who'd own a respectable weapon such as that Glock would be incompetent enough to miss at that range.

How come you always seem to know so much about guns and their specifications and such like. Were you in the army or something?
  • Paradise_LostParadise_Lost Posts: 6,454
    Forum Member
    It looked like when he initially fired the gun at the board member in sight of the cctv that he may have been missing on purpose. He looked to be aiming off to the side a bit.
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was obviously very confused, Angry and suicidal.

Poor people having to face that at work :(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FOX last night reported the guy to be firing blank rounds, however a Security Guard posted there had a split-second to decide. And obviously anyone in their shoes wouldn't take that chance, and took the guy out.
    Apparently beforehand he had also drawn the "V for Vendetta" logo..just a nutjob or attention seeking, which backfired on him.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    11:11 wrote: »
    FOX last night reported the guy to be firing blank rounds, however a Security Guard posted there had a split-second to decide. And obviously anyone in their shoes wouldn't take that chance, and took the guy out.
    Apparently beforehand he had also drawn the "V for Vendetta" logo..just a nutjob or attention seeking, which backfired on him.

He definitely wasn't firing blanks.. In another video you can see the bullet impact the floor when he fires the second shot. Also it was reported he turned the weapon on himself after he was taken down..

I'm not sure why the security guard didn't take him out sooner tbh..
    Forum Member
    Thank God the UK doesnt have the same crap gun laws as the USA.
  • Constant PMTConstant PMT Posts: 3,458
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How horrible. And he wasn't a very good shot was he.
    Forum Member
    It appears as though the video was edited at the end to omit the entrance of the security guard and the final shots. Anyone know where one can see this online?
    Forum Member
    Jammy08 wrote: »
    He definitely wasn't firing blanks.. In another video you can see the bullet impact the floor when he fires the second shot. Also it was reported he turned the weapon on himself after he was taken down....

If there are bullet holes in the furniture then fair enough.

There's a couple of odd things though.

Firstly, he fired 15 shots in the video.
    A lot of states in the US limit the capacity of civilian weapons to summat like 10 rounds and 15 round mag's are only sold to cops.
    A blank-firer wouldn't be limited like that.

Secondly, assuming the gun was real and he'd obtained a 15 round mag or modified a civvie mag to hold 15 rounds the gun would have been empty anyway so he would have had to reload.
    It's possible he fired a mag full of blanks at the people and then reloaded with live ammo to top himself.

Thirdly, although you DO sometimes get sparks like that from live rounds it's much more common to see it from a blank being discharged from a real weapon.

Fourthly, I really don't know why he didn't shoot the woman.
    If he planned to kill everybody then you wouldn't have thought he'd have any qualms about shooting her.
    Conversely, if the gun was loaded with blanks he couldn't shoot her because that'd give the game away.

Fifthly, as I already said, it seemed to be a large-frame Glock. 15 shots would suggest it's a Glock 22.
    That's a pretty decent pistol. It's an enthusiasts weapon rather than the sort of thing you'd expect a guy to obtain soley for the purpose of a crackpot act.
    On the basis that he was a gun owner, it's hard to believe he couldn't hit a target 10ft away.

As I said, if there ARE bullet holes in the furniture then clearly he was firing live ammo but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the shots were blanks.

*EDIT*

More video is HERE.

You can see papers getting kicked into the air by his shots but a blank will do that.

Also, not sure what happened after that video ends. The video embedded in the article plays 15 gunshots whereas in this video the guy goes down after only 6 shots. :confused:
  • GraathusGraathus Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

But everyone else would be armed and could have dealt with him, according to the theory anyway.

Yeah I don't believe it either.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No way could anyone miss from there, especially shooting that many rounds. if anything he could've walked up to them point blank and shot them. I definitely don't think he was ever planning on shooting anyone but himself, he was just angry and wanted to scare the crap out of everyone in that boardroom.
    Forum Member
    Graathus wrote: »
    But everyone else would be armed and could have dealt with him, according to the theory anyway.

Yeah I don't believe it either.

Meh, could go either way.

I'm all for the deterrent effect that gun ownership can provide.
    I bet a lot of potential criminals would be put off by the possibility that their victim might be armed.

Having said that, the USA has some truly crackpot gun laws which the yanks won't even consider revising for fear of impinging on their blessed 2nd ammendment rights.

There's no need to register ownership of a weapon.
    In theory a gun owner who is short of cash could just hand over an assault rifle to any yahoo who offered them cash and nobody could hold them accountable.

Anybody can buy guns at shows or via private sales with no paperwork required.

Both of these laws (or lack of laws) make it easy for criminals to obtain weapons from unscrupulous sellers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    If there are bullet holes in the furniture then fair enough.

There's a couple of odd things though.

Firstly, he fired 15 shots in the video.
    A lot of states in the US limit the capacity of civilian weapons to summat like 10 rounds and 15 round mag's are only sold to cops.
    A blank-firer wouldn't be limited like that.

Secondly, assuming the gun was real and he'd obtained a 15 round mag or modified a civvie mag to hold 15 rounds the gun would have been empty anyway so he would have had to reload.
    It's possible he fired a mag full of blanks at the people and then reloaded with live ammo to top himself.

Thirdly, although you DO sometimes get sparks like that from live rounds it's much more common to see it from a blank being discharged from a real weapon.

Fourthly, I really don't know why he didn't shoot the woman.
    If he planned to kill everybody then you wouldn't have thought he'd have any qualms about shooting her.
    Conversely, if the gun was loaded with blanks he couldn't shoot her because that'd give the game away.

Fifthly, as I already said, it seemed to be a large-frame Glock. 15 shots would suggest it's a Glock 22.
    That's a pretty decent pistol. It's an enthusiasts weapon rather than the sort of thing you'd expect a guy to obtain soley for the purpose of a crackpot act.
    On the basis that he was a gun owner, it's hard to believe he couldn't hit a target 10ft away.

As I said, if there ARE bullet holes in the furniture then clearly he was firing live ammo but I wouldn't be surprised if at least some of the shots were blanks.

*EDIT*

More video is HERE.

You can see papers getting kicked into the air by his shots but a blank will do that.

Also, not sure what happened after that video ends. The video embedded in the article plays 15 gunshots whereas in this video the guy goes down after only 6 shots. :confused:

Yeah good post and that would make sense as to why he didn't kill her, so yeah it's possible he was using blanks as well.

I'm not sure about the 15 shots though, in the video I only counted 4 shots before he falls to the floor but I have no idea what happens after that. There seems to be a few seconds of silence after the gunman goes down and then you hear the security guard shout "Stay still" and then 5-10 more bullets are fired..
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Try telling the U.S. gun lobby that. They seem to think there is no connection.
  • TommyGavin76TommyGavin76 Posts: 17,066
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I bet a lot of potential criminals would be put off by the possibility that their victim might be armed.

Having said that, the USA has some truly crackpot gun laws which the yanks won't even consider revising for fear of impinging on their blessed 2nd ammendment rights.

In theory a gun owner who is short of cash could just hand over an assault rifle to any yahoo who offered them cash and nobody could hold them accountable.

Both of these laws (or lack of laws) make it easy for criminals to obtain weapons from unscrupulous sellers.

Potential criminals might be put off, but it would be also be infinitely easier for them to get a gun and far more likely they would carry it as well.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member

Well in certain areas of the UK you can buy a gun like that just as easily unfortunately.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36,630
    Forum Member
    So all those who demand that we here in Britain remove the welfare state, stop trying to treat drug addicts and let everyone who loses their job fend for themselves, would you all be happy when this type of thing becomes increasingly common here in the UK?.