lLoss of ITV channels.

bright sparkbright spark Posts: 191
Forum Member
Hi i have lost all my ITV channels all i get on a auto tune is 63 tv and 21 radio and no other can't get text.I live in Gtr Mcr which means its Winter hill it was working up to the bad weather om auto tune it stops at 63. thanks in advance.

Comments

• chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What about Channel4 and Five? If you get those then that indicates you are receiving the mux carrying ITV. If those channels are also missing then you are not receiving that mux.

A couple of things to try.

Delete every single channel currently scanned in. Then do an auto tune and see if that restores the missing channels.

If not delete the channels again and do a manual tune (often from the same menu as auto tune). You willbe asked to enter the UHF channel numbers for the muxes which on Winter Hill are 50, 59, 58, 49, 55 and 54 if you have Freeview HD.

If you are not on Winter Hill try poking ypur postcode into the DigitalUK website (http://www.digitaluk.co.uk), tick detailed view and that will show your most likely transmitter. The numbers you need are those in the grey columns under N in the Coverage Prediction section.

You need to delete all channels from the memory first just to make sure it is properly overwriting the channel information on the retune.

And if neither of those work.

Look through the menus for a "Factory Reset", "Default Settings" or "First Time Install" option This returns the TV or whatever you are using back to it's out of the box state. It will then kick off a full set-up procedure exactly as when you first turned the thing on.
  • bright sparkbright spark Posts: 191
    Forum Member
    Thanks i don't have ch 4 or 5 and no sound on bbc1&2 and other channels ok on radio and music some sound on some channels. when i do auto tune it stops on 63 channels and 21 radio ch it wont continue could it be my tv i also have sky through the tv and thats fine. Ialso have a nockia Dtr and thats fine through my tv it seems it went wrong after the bad weather wind and rain the ariels seem fine as well.
  • chrisjrchrisjr Posts: 33,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have you tried any of the things I posted above?

One other thing. Does the aerial connection go direct to the TV or via any other device? If it is not connected direct to the TV try plugging it straight to the TV and retune. That will eliminate any issues with other kit.
    Forum Member
    I've tried the above to no avail going to try another lead but i think it could be the built in tuner.Its a Bush 32in LCD digital tv about 5years 7mths old.
    Forum Member
    Hi i got it working again every ok thanks turn tv on tonight.