Why all the sudden love for Pricey?

Dorian_GrayDorian_Gray Posts: 215
Forum Member
Curious to see attitudes towards Katie Price changing the last couple of days. She was being ridiculed on here and elsewhere for being a waste of money and a boring prima donna.

Now she's getting more support on Twitter than most of the others, she's doing really well on the fan polls and her odds are dropping like a stone. So what have I missed? Is it all about her telling Hopkins to shut up last night? Promise I'm not a 'hater', just curious - to me she'd still be a terrible winner of a roller coaster of a series.

Comments

• k0213818k0213818 Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    Couple of reasons:
    1) Shes not Hopkins
    2) Keith's let himself down in the last few days
  • postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best of a really bad bunch, I guess.

2 days ago I thought Keith had it in the bag, but he let it slip through his fingers.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cos she finally woke up and took on Hopkins, is my guess.

I must admit I enjoyed it, she might not have the vocabulary or be that articulate but she said it in her own way.

I am not a Jordan fan but I detest KH, so that was satisfying for me to hear Hopkins being told to STFU..
  • bootyachebootyache Posts: 15,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Curious to see attitudes towards Katie Price changing the last couple of days. She was being ridiculed on here and elsewhere for being a waste of money and a boring prima donna.

Now she's getting more support on Twitter than most of the others, she's doing really well on the fan polls and her odds are dropping like a stone. So what have I missed? Is it all about her telling Hopkins to shut up last night? Promise I'm not a 'hater', just curious - to me she'd still be a terrible winner of a roller coaster of a series.

Probably because there is no one else to like in there.

She's not such a bad sort really.

;-)
  • SnowStorm86SnowStorm86 Posts: 17,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She provided the best moment of the series last night by telling Hopkins to grow up.
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Last one standing who is even remotely likable I think and she told KatieH to grow up for that I applaud her.
  • MargMckMargMck Posts: 24,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two things, I think.
    1. She 'werewolfed' Hopkins and never had a real run-in with Perez, being pretty amiable with him.
    2. It's also possible that when potential voters look at what's left in the house they just think "Meh, who cares?" This leaves space for someone with a ready-made powerful fanbase to spring into action. That's the Pricey.
  • Dr ZDr Z Posts: 3,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand it on any level? Even at her peak the sum total of her talent is to take her clothes off, other than that she is as dull as dishwater. devoid of personality.

I constantly hear people tell me about what a 'wonderful businesswoman' she is too, which is a little naive, Get your boobs out to the point that you are world renowned for it, and you'll soon see a similar business opportunities for you to attach your face to, thats ALL it is, A pretty face and a pair of fake tits.

I sound bitter don't I? Well yes, I AM bitter!! As a father of two girls & one boy I detest the fact that the media dares to try and teach girls like my daughters that the way to success is to strip off and pout, KP is the poster girl for this.

I'm hoping she'll poll 5th.
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Breaking news!

I just opened my door and there's a yellow balloon on my back step :o

....I am taking this as a symbol from the baby Jeezuz that Katie P and her great big septic boob have been chosen to win. :o
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bambii wrote: »
    Cos she finally woke up and took on Hopkins, is my guess.

I must admit I enjoyed it, she might not have the vocabulary or be that articulate but she said it in her own way.

I am not a Jordan fan but I detest KH, so that was satisfying for me to hear Hopkins being told to STFU

Agree:D
  • purplesky99purplesky99 Posts: 1,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bootyache wrote: »

;-)

Sums it up pretty well for me. :)
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    Because she has a big following and some are wanting to ensure they save face from Perez being booted out that they backed the winner after all ;-) ;-)
  • mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

k0213818 wrote: »
    Couple of reasons:
    1) Shes not Hopkins
    2) Keith's let himself down in the last few days

Don't forget she faced KH one the Thursday show and owned her good one KP.;-):)
  • molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dr Z wrote: »
    I really don't understand it on any level? Even at her peak the sum total of her talent is to take her clothes off, other than that she is as dull as dishwater. devoid of personality.

I constantly hear people tell me about what a 'wonderful businesswoman' she is too, which is a little naive, Get your boobs out to the point that you are world renowned for it, and you'll soon see a similar business opportunities for you to attach your face to, thats ALL it is, A pretty face and a pair of fake tits.

I sound bitter don't I? Well yes, I AM bitter!! As a father of two girls & one boy I detest the fact that the media dares to try and teach girls like my daughters that the way to success is to strip off and pout, KP is the poster girl for this.

I think there is much more to her than that, she has proved herself a strong woman who has that special thing parents of disabled children have about them. Something many of us would crumble under. She is very much active in charity circles and her riding and equestrian range of clothing seems popular too.
  • jaydashjaydash Posts: 1,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really don't understand it on any level? ... As a father of two girls & one boy I detest the fact that the media dares to try and teach girls like my daughters that the way to success is to strip off and pout, KP is the poster girl for this..
    (Sorry to be all sensible, but) Here, here!

I too am fed-up of youngsters thinking they can do virtually nothing, or take the easy route to fame and fortune... not to mention young girls thinking this is great way to look. I mean, do any grown men (not teen boys, not immature 20-somethings) actually fancy the likes of the balloon-titted, creosote-skinned, puffed-up lipped and botoxed Jordan?

Admittedly she has tried to change her appearance of late, but still, all that extremely crude sex talk is enough to put me off. There's a time and a place for that, and it's not in front of 3 million people.

Not a great champion in my book. She has made her money and I just wish she'd fade away into obscurity now, especially seeing as she makes-out that she just wants an ordinary life.
  • Fairy WingsFairy Wings Posts: 5,680
    Forum Member
    jaydash wrote: »
    (Sorry to be all sensible, but) Here, here!

I too am fed-up of youngsters thinking they can do virtually nothing, or take the easy route to fame and fortune... not to mention young girls thinking this is great way to look. I mean, do any grown men (not teen boys, not immature 20-somethings) actually fancy the likes of the balloon-titted, creosote-skinned, puffed-up lipped and botoxed Jordan?

Admittedly she has tried to change her appearance of late, but still, all that extremely crude sex talk is enough to put me off. There's a time and a place for that, and it's not in front of 3 million people.

Not a great champion in my book. She has made her money and I just wish she'd fade away into obscurity now... especially seeing as she makes-out that she just wants an ordinary life.

She's morphing into Emily.
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Generally (not just on BB) her appeal is a little bit of a mystery. No doubt I'm missing something but she seems to me to have had a charisma bypass.

That said, choice is limited and sometimes it's more a case of the ultimate losers losing BB than the winner winning it.
  • LH1LH1 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will change their minds sometimes. I also thought Keith had it all sown up but to me he now comes across as a spineless sheep. He only started cheering when Perez left when he saw Calum doing it.

Hopkins is now pretending to have a heart but I think it's Pricey who has the real real Macoy.
  • pope_tartpope_tart Posts: 3,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No you don't sound bitter and I can see where you are coming from .

The only problem is that she is up against

1. A woman who see the way to success as picking on the vulnerable and disabled
    2. A playboy who found success by doing nothing apart from having a pretty face and milking his dead father's fame
    3. A woman who gets fame by getting plastic boobs and pretending she's a spokesperson for a group she doesn't even belong to.
    4. An ex alcoholic who has waved his willy round on TV for cash

None of these sorry lot are good role models, so they have to be judged on other characteristics and to me she has shown some of the least objectionable behaviour in the house, and whereas I'm not really a supporter of her, it wouldn't bother me if she beat some of the nastier ones in there.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    The same reason as Callum's popularity shot up when he was foul mouthed to Perez. Some people see this as admirable.

Still, for all her faults, she is a better person than KH who earns her living spouting poison. I expect there are men out there who enjoy being titillated by glamour models, and it's a pretty harmless occupation. Not one I'd have wanted for my children or grandchildren, but still harmless nonetheless.

It may be that she turns out to be the best of a bad bunch, but with Nadia gone, that is Keith for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I suppose there is some money to be made from 'getting her tits out', but I think most of her money has been made from being smart enough to copyright pictures, so your paid every time a site, or mag shows it ( think Abi Titmus done the same), obviously then she made the most of her brand, what does she have... perfume, equestrian line, books etc...

There has been a lot of page 3 models, not all have had the same success at KP/ Jordan..
  • ShantanShantan Posts: 6,423
    Forum Member
    She is the best of the bunch of terrible hideous housemates. So I really hope she wins. Its gotten so bad that I rather Katie H win over Keith and Callum who has been completely irrelevant this series and Keith I find irritating and I didn't like how he ganged up on Perez even though Perez is a twit.
  • moonlilymoonlily Posts: 7,889
    Forum Member

;-)

I would have wanted her as a winner if she hadn't insisted on having her hair styled and slathering herself in fake tan. I think natural Katie would be really lovely to see.

That said, I wouldn't be outraged if she won.
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member

;-)

Oh she is, trust me!
  • Dilly DaydreamDilly Daydream Posts: 6,148
    Forum Member
    molliepops wrote: »
    I think there is much more to her than that, she has proved herself a strong woman who has that special thing parents of disabled children have about them. Something many of us would crumble under. She is very much active in charity circles and her riding and equestrian range of clothing seems popular too.

NO, NO, NO!!

There is absolutely nothing to her, devoid of any personality and a monotonous voice to go with it. She is absolutely a foul-mouthed cretin.

She has a very good management team behind her, she's being told what to do and when & how to do it. She's never written a book in her life, or designed any clothing or developed any perfume.

Do you really think she personally looks after any of her children? She doesn't even take them to school (she's already told you that!).

I really wish people weren't so gullible.