what would you like to drive in GTA IV?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
Forum Member
Just posted in the thread about the possibility of the next GTA being set in London, and it's got me thinking...

How about some special cars as an add-on to GTA IV?

What would you like to cruise around in?

Ahh, the possibilities.... hand me the keys to the Monkeymobile! Could you handle tooling around town in a Bond Bug? Could america accept Del-Boys Reliant van?

I'll just sit back now and hand this on over to....you

Comments

• CaptnSpauldingCaptnSpaulding Posts: 5,370
    Forum Member
    A Ford KA into a wall. Or perhaps just use them "Wheelies"? Quick getaway without the need of finding a car!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Vauxhall Vectra. [/boring]
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2008 Impreza 2.5i but somehow I don't think they'd put real cars in the game!
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Smart Brabus Roadster, great for nipping in and out of alleyways and busy traffic, plus freeing up more parking space outside your safehouse.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,374
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Khristbait wrote: »
    2008 Impreza 2.5i but somehow I don't think they'd put real cars in the game!

Most of the cars in GTA4 are "real" just not identified by their real names obviously. Corvettes, Porches and Ferrarris are all pretty obvious.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    a bugatti veyron, or one of thos atom cars
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of the chavmobiles A Vauxhall Nova perhaps.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,528
    Forum Member
    A tank

(like all those other tanks you regularly see on the streets of London :p )

Actually an Elise would be nice too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJL wrote: »
    A tank

(like all those other tanks you regularly see on the streets of London :p )

Actually an Elise would be nice too.

Ahhh, the good old days of driving a tank around in Vice City (or was it San Andreas?)...

...it's a shame there isn't an army barracks in this edition....:(
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    One of the chavmobiles A Vauxhall Nova perhaps.

lol yeah any souped up chavmobile with the crazy big spoilers and an excess of speakers

that would introduce a whole new area of gaming - going to a cruise :D

oh wait, didn't they do that in San Andreas? Playing with the suspension on a pimp mobile style car to pass a mission.
    Forum Member
    Yeah lol, was like boom boom rocket meets max power.
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The yellow Trotters Independent Traders Reliant van would OWN so it would. If they sorted the handling to stop making it feel as if your driving on ice 24/7 though. Cars dont handle like that realistically. I have been in a car at 120mph before the driver was in FULL control all the time. Unlike what would have happened if the car handled like GTA IV's cars. The handling in GTA IV NEEDS FIXED. It isn't the worst handling of a game of this type, that honour goes to True Crime and The Getaway. But it is close to those two games. What was it nipple nasher Dan Houser once said: the car handling in GTA III is the way it is, so as just about anyone can pick up and play with little to no trouble. or words to that effect. Seems they have opted to go the frustrating route now.
    Forum Member
    No offence, but you must have sensitive thumbs! lol
    I don't see what the problem is with all this bickering about how cars handle in this game. Much better than games like Juiced, Need For Speed Most Wanted and PGR. I'm sure the guns don't handle or make the same sounds as real life either, but no one is complaining about that. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have been in a car at 120mph before the driver was in FULL control all the time.

I'm guessing the driver was driving fairly straight then and not doing lots of turns? You can drive very quickly in GTA IV no problem but when you attempt to turn or brake sharpely, the car starts to handle badly....and to a certain extent, you should expect a reduction in a cars performance in real life too so I'm not sure why so many people in this forum dislike the car handling...:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    willowfan wrote: »
    Most of the cars in GTA4 are "real" just not identified by their real names obviously. Corvettes, Porches and Ferrarris are all pretty obvious.

I thought this, so far I've seen a lot of BMW "M"-Class and Mercedes SLK cast-offs too.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    It's all good in the hood so far,but how about thinking more "outside the box"?

Love the idea of using the bugatti, and the scooby.

But where's the fun?... let's have some more outlandish suggestions.

for example: what about a circus clown car?... you pull up to the kerb, and twenty seven hookers in whiteface makeup get out after you...

OR... hit the freeways in Thrust 2.... let's see the feds catch us when we're doing 300 mph.

just an idea, mind....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 283
    Forum Member
    It's all good in the hood so far,but how about thinking more "outside the box"?

well in that case, I'd like to see the Benz Patent Motorwagen circa 1886

:eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 308
    Forum Member
    well in that case, I'd like to see the Benz Patent Motorwagen circa 1886

:eek:

I love it!... and while you're at it, slip the boys at budgie a fiver to let us use the warthog... and leave the .50 cal in the back ( just to give romy something to do)
  • tombigbeetombigbee Posts: 4,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a Mini Cooper would be cool to zip around in.

It wouldn't be called that obviously. Rockstar could call it the Tiny or something.
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    I want the 'pooch' van from dumb and dumber or better still the little bike they trade it in for.:D

Maybe it would be a good idea if thier was a movie car museum in the game that you could break into that would have loads of cars from movies. Examples:- The police car from blues brothers,the car from back to the future,the batmobile and Kit from knightrider......that would be awesome
  • NorfolkBoy1NorfolkBoy1 Posts: 4,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chitty Chitty Bang Bang!

Would love to be able to press L2 and take off!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,169
    Forum Member
    I want the 'pooch' van from dumb and dumber or better still the little bike they trade it in for.:D

Maybe it would be a good idea if thier was a movie car museum in the game that you could break into that would have loads of cars from movies. Examples:- The police car from blues brothers,the car from back to the future,the batmobile and Kit from knightrider......that would be awesome

A Beaulieu hidden in GTA5: London would be pretty cool, yeah. :cool:
  • SiebenburgenSiebenburgen Posts: 3,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No offence, but you must have sensitive thumbs! lol
    I don't see what the problem is with all this bickering about how cars handle in this game. Much better than games like Juiced, Need For Speed Most Wanted and PGR. I'm sure the guns don't handle or make the same sounds as real life either, but no one is complaining about that. :rolleyes:

The reason for that is there is more driving to be done than shooting [in the game].
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A Bendy Bus, all sorts of capers taking people out with the front and back end
  • PoisonDwarf18PoisonDwarf18 Posts: 6,902
    Forum Member
    Dodge nitro :)