Options

Recording 2 channels

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
Forum Member
My default BBC1 is East. When attempting to record a film on BBC1 and at the same time recording a film on channel 5 I got
a conflict message. After many attempts and all with the same result I changed from BBC1 East to BBC1 London and as if by magic it was accepted.
Can anyone offer any suggestions as to why this would happen?

Many thanks.

Comments

• Options
    grahamlthompsongrahamlthompson Posts: 18,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sounds like you are using a Foxsat with only 1 cable and the loop. Swapping regions enabled you to find a BBC region whose polarisation matched the recording that tuner 1 was recording.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trust me I am using twin coax and always have done
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    yeslek wrote: »
    Trust me I am using twin coax and always have done

In that case most likely your box thinks it has only 1 cable.

Try this

Goto BBC1-HD and start an instant recording, goto BBC-HD and start a second. Now try a broad selection of channels you should be able to view and live pause any of them. If you can't, then either

do a factory reset and watch for the 2 cables found message

or go into the setup menu and press Red Green Yellow Blue Greem Yellow Blue in succcesion.

You should get a secret menu, Connection Type should say 2 cables (same), if not change it. .
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Many thanks for your interest and help. Your first suggestion with regard to instant recordings (BBC1 HD and BBC HD) and pausing various channels worked a treat. However when I tried instant recording of BBC1 and Channel 5 only Channel 5 recorded!
    Is there any point in doing a factory reset?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Many thanks for your interest and help. Your first suggestion with regard to instant recordings (BBC1 HD and BBC HD) and pausing various channels worked a treat. However when I tried instant recording of BBC1 and Channel 5 only Channel 5 recorded!
    Is there any point in doing a factory reset?

That's a new one on me, how strange :confused:

BBC1 East is on 10788 V BBC1 London is on 10773 H

Channel 5 is on 10964 H

So you can see the key appears to be the polarisation. (H -Horizontal V - Vertical )

Before a reset can you try recording your default BBC1 East and see if you can record the other CH5 offerings.

128 Channel 5 + 1
    129 5 USA
    130 5 USA + 1
    131 5*
    132 5* + 1

Now try using the other Vertical BBC1 Regions with the Channel 5 variants

10788 V

201 BBC Parliament
    952 BBC 1 E Mids
    953 BBC 1 East (E)
    964 BBC 1 Wales
    963 BBC 1 W Mids
    967 BBC 1 Eyrks*L
    971 BBC 2 W

10817 V

110 BBC ALBA
    956 BBC 1 NE & C
    957 BBC 1 NI
    958 BBC 1 Oxford
    961 BBC 1 South
    962 BBC 1 S West
    969 BBC 2 NI

10847 V

108 BBC1 HD
    109 BBC HD

Beginning to wonder if it's a lnb issue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Once again thanks. It appears that I can record any two V channels at the same time and also two H channels at the same time but cannot mix them. Does this make any sense?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Once again thanks. It appears that I can record any two V channels at the same time and also two H channels at the same time but cannot mix them. Does this make any sense?

Only if the box is in single cable mode as originally suggested.

Try recording

143 Men & Movies 12560 V
    and
    115 ITV3 10906 V

together and then

515 Vintage TV 12643 H
    and
    105 Channel 5 10964 H

If they don't work, look at the secret menu I posted earlier.
  • Options
    Alan WhiteAlan White Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    My Foxsat sometimes complains that there's a conflict when there isn't. I've also seen others comment on the Foxsat unexpectedly reporting conflicts. Next time I'll take note of which channels are involved: perhaps yeslek has stumbled on a bug or a dodgy LNB and the same could apply to me.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The plot thickens!
    Tried to access secret menu but was met by a no entry symbol top right. I will probably do a factory reset later and see if that changes anything.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The plot thickens!
    Tried to access secret menu but was met by a no entry symbol top right. I will probably do a factory reset later and see if that changes anything.

Ignore the no entry sign, don't look at the screen when pressing the buttons. Just in case it matters have freesat tune highlighted. After the button presses choose Antenna Setting (The latest firmware appears to have created a sub menu)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alan White wrote: »
    My Foxsat sometimes complains that there's a conflict when there isn't. I've also seen others comment on the Foxsat unexpectedly reporting conflicts. Next time I'll take note of which channels are involved: perhaps yeslek has stumbled on a bug or a dodgy LNB and the same could apply to me.

The OP can't record the channels manually. Incorrect schedule clashes are caused by the broadcaster misusing the crid recording codes. The BBC for instance sometimes use only a series crid particulary for news content. In this event the box attempts to record the same programme from all the regional variations because it has no way of knowing it's the same content. Earlier firmware versions treated such codeing as all being the same content but that meant for other broadcasters using the same single crid series code then series recording fails to work because follow up programmes were considered as being repeats.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You are a genius Graham.
    I ignored the no entry and there it was - the secret menu and sure as eggs, connection type was 1 cable. Changed it to 2 cables and did a factory reset and you probably know the rest. Am now able to record BBC 1 and Channel 5.
    Thanks again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You are a genius Graham.
    I ignored the no entry and there it was - the secret menu and sure as eggs, connection type was 1 cable. Changed it to 2 cables and did a factory reset and you probably know the rest. Am now able to record BBC 1 and Channel 5.
    Thanks again.

No genius I'm afraid but I have had a Foxsat-hdr for a very long time :D

If you wan't to understand the recording viewing limitations in more detail see.

http://myhumax.org/forum/topic/what-can-i-record-and-watch-using-1-or-2-cables