The Brit celebrities treatment of the American's

124»

Comments

• Options
    EnidanEnidan Posts: 13,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    You surely don't think Speidi are "nice people" do you?

We don't know them, they are playing villains in a Reality TV gameshow.
  • Options
    Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EnricoIV wrote: »
    If you'd bother to call them by their names, and not their nationalities, your statement might carry be a little more conviction.

You've already used this ridiculous response on another thread pertaining to Speidi, change the record pal and stop looking for negativity where non exist.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    mellickmellick Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not anyone foreign that most of the GBP has problem with ... just Americans.

It's not Americans most housemates have a problem with it's just total pratts
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know what IAC is, but did she win? I'll bet not.

She was the runner up but people liked her enough to get her through to the final, she was intelligent, funny and not a backstabber..... I think we have kept her, I don't think we will be keeping those two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,158
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know what IAC is, but did she win? I'll bet not.

She came a VERY close second, there wasn't much in it at all, they were both very nice girls though, that got fully involved in the show and became great friends during their time in there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mellick wrote: »
    It's not Americans most housemates have a problem with it's just total pratts

I have absolutely no problem with any American contestants or any other nationalites at all, its that shockingly awful pair Speidi that I dislike. I don't see a Union Jack or Australian flay in the house( I stand to be corrected on this) and yet Speidi were kissing their stars and stripes flag like it was their saviour when they were down in the basement.CBB producers have made an issue of nationalities not the contestants themselves.
  • Options
    EnricoIVEnricoIV Posts: 4,742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeanoj wrote: »
    You have just lost all integrity - read the post above the one I am quoting - hypocrisy much!
    You mean because I referred to the British housemates collectively in this thread topic that is the British housemates treatment of the Americans? Ooh. Shame on me. I thought that was the topic.

Besides, you never thought I had integrity, so I'm supposed to worry about your opinion of me? Not in the least.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have absolutely no problem with any American contestants or any other nationalites at all, its that shockingly awful pair Speidi that I dislike. I don't see a Union Jack or Australian flay in the house( I stand to be corrected on this) and yet Speidi were kissing their stars and stripes flag like it was their saviour when they were down in the basement.CBB producers have made an issue of nationalities not the contestants themselves.
    You're right, the producers have. On the man show and even worse on BBOTS. But it is the other housemates that constantly refer to them as "The Americans," and have almost from day one. I'm not even sure Razor knows their names yet. I doubt that the Producers directed that one.
  • Options
    NosaerNosaer Posts: 3,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enidan wrote: »
    The British Clique have just made themselves look like a bunch of unpleasant fools, and they know it and are terrified of how they will be portrayed. They act with such bad grace.
    Frankie is the only one who has retained some dignity.

I agree, Frankie is the only one behaving in a mature fashion, continuing to communicate on a day to day level with Speidi regardless of the tasks.
  • Options
    ArtoisArtois Posts: 3,604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vesna wrote: »
    Well I blame the British BULLY gang. They have been so hideous so malicious, makes me ill. Just like a gang of thugs in a playground. No redeeming qualities whatsoever.

I havent seen that at all. I've seen a group of people being far more tolerant than I would be towards a two of the most annoying, unpleasant, selfish, spoilt people Ive ever seen on TV, whatever their nationality. If I were in the house I would have stopped having anything to do with them more than a week ago. Oh - and Frankie is Italian, and Ryan is Australian - so it doesnt work anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Artois wrote: »
    I havent seen that at all. I've seen a group of people being far more tolerant than I would be towards a two of the most annoying, unpleasant, selfish, spoilt people Ive ever seen on TV, whatever their nationality. If I were in the house I would have stopped having anything to do with them more than a week ago. Oh - and Frankie is Italian.

Agree with you and in the interest of fairness, lets not forget Ryan is Australian;)
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    You're right, the producers have. On the man show and even worse on BBOTS. But it is the other housemates that constantly refer to them as "The Americans," and have almost from day one. I'm not even sure Razor knows their names yet. I doubt that the Producers directed that one.

Heidi and Spencer call themselves the The Americans
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gilliedew wrote: »
    Heidi and Spencer call themselves the The Americans
    But I'll bet they don't do it in the snide way everyone else does. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    But I'll bet they don't do it in the snide way everyone else does. :rolleyes:

It is about the only thing they are not snide about, everything and everybody has been fair game for them from Day 1.
  • Options
    Peel my OrangePeel my Orange Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The producers are supplying them with American flags and hats and clothes, setting them apart from the other housemates. Asking them questions like "Why is America so great" and about gun control.
    All this is designed to make the housemates despise Speidi because they are American.
    It's a very interesting social experiment, but we already knew that Xenophobia exsists.
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have not had to resort to screaming and swearing like the Brits. They can sit there and laugh at the likes of Rylan looking ridiculous with his over the top fake outrage. Why should they want to be part of the "grubby dressing gown brigade"? They can hold their own albeit out numbered from day 1. They have had to use crafty tactics against a crafty bunch of people to try to win.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,591
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Pratts deserve all they get, nothing to do with how they have been treated by others, if other Americans were in there they would be treating the Pratts the same IMO,
  • Options
    Peel my OrangePeel my Orange Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    auntysplat wrote: »
    The Pratts deserve all they get, nothing to do with how they have been treated by others, if other Americans were in there they would be treating the Pratts the same IMO,

I doubt other American housemates would be calling them "The American's" in a spiteful way like the rest of them do.
  • Options
    Gillybean123Gillybean123 Posts: 375
    Forum Member
    Sasparella wrote: »
    She came a VERY close second, there wasn't much in it at all, they were both very nice girls though, that got fully involved in the show and became great friends during their time in there.

I wanted Ashley to win, she came across as a lovely person and so much fun, she is doing really well now - she is a judge on a very high profile show in the UK - Dancing on Ice. So it proves being nice does make you a winner in the end.
  • Options
    fizzler333fizzler333 Posts: 2,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted Ashley to win, she came across as a lovely person and so much fun, she is doing really well now - she is a judge on a very high profile show in the UK - Dancing on Ice. So it proves being nice does make you a winner in the end.

It does doesn't it?
  • Options
    PotkettlePotkettle Posts: 2,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Speidi have been very tolerant considering he has'nt asked Razor to keep his legs closed in front of his wife. That shows that they are trying to tolerate an ill mannered member of the house. If it was the other way round I wonder what Razor would say?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    wee-mowee-mo Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Potkettle wrote: »
    Speidi have been very tolerant considering he has'nt asked Razor to keep his legs closed in front of his wife. That shows that they are trying to tolerate an ill mannered member of the house. If it was the other way round I wonder what Razor would say?:rolleyes:

:D:D:D
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Look at the structure of the tasks. BB has deliberately made it Speidi v the World and this is the result.

I find it quite heartening that Brits, an Italian and an Aussie have found common ground and have all bonded so well. It is clearly the Americans who failed to mix with "foreigners" not the other way round. All the " USA!" chanting and flag-waving hasn't endeared them much to me, either.
  • Options
    kaceyykaceyy Posts: 1,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wee-mo wrote: »
    I wonder if any of you will agree that the rest of the housemates have ganged up on Spiedi and for me Rylan has been the biggest culprit of this since the start I think he saw them as a threat from the first night and is scared that they will stop him from winning .He is so desperate to win he was almost hyperventilating when he was waiting on Brian saying who was safe on the eviction show the other night.

Yes Spiedi have not helped themselves in the house but they know that they are not liked so why should they pretend to like the other housemates . Spencer is very good at reading the other celeb's if I was Spiedi I would not do anything to help them after the way they have been treated ,

yeah i was speaking to my sister the other day and we hardly ever agree on stuff like this, but she was saying almost entirely the same thing as me, objectively speaking both spencer and heidi have been outcasted from the off, although i would agree some of it is of their own doing the rest of the housemates seemed to target the couple, it's wierd how ryan had spoke of tactical voting last week and everyone in the house treats him the same yet the spencer and heidi seem to have rubbed them up the wrong way..

i understand not everyone will get along but i feel everyone was fine to bitch and moan about spencer and heidi, once they had seen that side in the basement they came back and still handled it without raising their voices, none of them deserve to win in my opinion aside from spencer or heidi, not likely to happen as alot of the gullible viewing public seem to want a fake like rylan to win.