Andre's "suffering"

Comments

• Options
    Betty BritainBetty Britain Posts: 13,721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Oh Betty you had to spoil it.

I've been hoping all morning this would drop off the front page along with the KP thread and you've bumped it now :(

Sorry Blondie ...been away ...
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame he didn't reach his target...but there is no way I would slate him for reaching £12k..

£12k? Since when?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lexi22 wrote: »
    £12k? Since when?

I may of misread someone's post for that figure..

Just checked and he raised £7k ..which is still a good amount ..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I may of misread someone's post for that figure..

Just checked and he raised £7k ..which is still a good amount ..

Sorry Betty, I disagree with you:D

One assumes he didnt pluck a target out of the air i.e. the £20,000 and must have realistically thought he could achieve it.

Any money is great for a charity, but he got nowhere the target and he has to accept responsibility for this.

To reiterate, his t v show would have gained in the use of the HPZ cycle ride being filmed, however they like to spin in i.e. the charity is highlighted. etc. Lets no forget that this charity was filmed previously in his reality show and, yet, he was still unable to achieve the target he set.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bunny55 wrote: »

One assumes he didnt pluck a target out of the air i.e. the £20,000 and must have realistically thought he could achieve it.

Any money is great for a charity, but he got nowhere the target and he has to accept responsibility for this.

To reiterate, his t v show would have gained in the use of the HPZ cycle ride being filmed, however they like to spin in i.e. the charity is highlighted. etc. Lets no forget that this charity was filmed previously in his reality show and, yet, he was still unable to achieve the target he set.

A pledge is a commitment, an undertaking to raise a specific amount. The total raised to date (which is £9.5 approx incl. g/a and the Virgin donation) is for both PA and Mikey, which makes it even less impressive that it already is. Had he raised eg. £15k, then fine, but his total to date is under half of what he promised. So yes, he should make good, whether out of his own pocket (no hardship there surely?) or via further fundraising, and he should update his justgiving page accordingly - the virgin donation hasn't even been added to the offline giving. Very shabby.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

In all honesty I am suprised he didn't reach his target..but still think £7k is better than nothing at all
  • Options
    Cyril_SneerCyril_Sneer Posts: 2,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You would have thought the management would have anonymously given the extra so they could say he achieved everything Whats 13k between him and them? A lot of it tax deductable surely ... if they were doing well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Between him and Carl they got £11,000. Some of the same people donating to Carl will have been PA fans. Pete did a 90km bike ride and tweeted quite a bit about it, he's always tweeting & talking about that charity. He has raised it's profile by having it on his show.
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    Between him and Carl they got £11,000. Some of the same people donating to Carl will have been PA fans. Pete did a 90km bike ride and tweeted quite a bit about it, he's always tweeting & talking about that charity. He has raised it's profile by having it on his show.

I think it was 300km and if you add in the gift aid it's around £14k for Pete, Mike & Carl combined so far. Don't know why the Virgin Holiday donation hasn't been added to his page yet but judging by Twitter sightings Pete's been spending time in Bristol with Em because she's just finished her exams. Hopefully he'll update it later.

I hope the production company do give HIPZ a sizeable appearance fee because, as posters have said, they're getting an interesting show out of it. Pete's got an ongoing relationship with HIPZ so I'm sure he'll be raising more for them in the future and from their tweets they seem more than happy with the success of this year's ride.
  • Options
    gilliedewgilliedew Posts: 7,605
    Forum Member
    Although Pete took part and raised a good deal of money, I am not surprised that he hasn't made a whole lot more. The discussions on here are from those who have a good understanding of fund raising and a lot of experience. If Pete is doing it himself and not had agency help, he wont be fully up to date on the best way. If his agency had helped him, they could have done more as working for charity in the entertainment industry, they must have the expertise and historical data of previous campaigns to look at.

He might have gone on Mr & Mrs but for KP and got a whole lot more...................but I jest.
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This is pretty much where I am aswell.
    Whichever way you look at it, PA and his friends raised a decent sum - and I'm sure the charity aren't going to be turning their noses up at it.
    For me, it's much more about the lack of effort PA APPEARS to have put into ensuring that even more money was raised.
    The point about the tv show contributing is a valid one imo - if they are happy to include so much footage of the bike ride in the series, you would think that the least they could do would be to make a donation - if only to garner some positive PR for themselves.
    I just can't understand how someone with the profile of PA could have apparently missed so many opportunities to heighten the awareness of the charity and the bike ride, and raise more money.:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SenseiSam wrote: »
    I think it was 300km and if you add in the gift aid it's around £14k for Pete, Mike & Carl combined so far. Don't know why the Virgin Holiday donation hasn't been added to his page yet but judging by Twitter sightings Pete's been spending time in Bristol with Em because she's just finished her exams. Hopefully he'll update it later.

I hate nit-picking, Sensei, but really, why make so many excuses for him? I just don't get it. How on earth would the above prevent him from taking at max 5 mins to go into the justgiving page and update it?? All from the comfort of his own mobile??

Apart from anything else, it's the most basic gesture of gratitude to Virgin for the largest donation he's had. It would also show that money's still coming in and might even encourage further donations - large ones often do. This is just further evidence of his 'ineptness'.

I'd love to leave this alone - really! - but I can't when these sorts of excuses are being made for him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fizgig wrote: »
    He has raised it's profile by having it on his show.

Agreed, but vice versa too. Makes him look good, warm squishy show content (which all brings in ad revenue). When you have to resort to doing 30 minutes on buying tropical fish every little helps.

I do hope ITV contributes, or PA contributes his fee for the episode/s.
  • Options
    SenseiSamSenseiSam Posts: 3,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hate nit-picking, Sensei, but really, why make so many excuses for him? I just don't get it. How on earth would the above prevent him from taking at max 5 mins to go into the justgiving page and update it?? All from the comfort of his own mobile??

Apart from anything else, it's the most basic gesture of gratitude to Virgin for the largest donation he's had. It would also show that money's still coming in and might even encourage further donations - large ones often do. This is just further evidence of his 'ineptness'.

I'd love to leave this alone - really! - but I can't when these sorts of excuses are being made for him.

Not an excuse, Lexi, a point of information. He's allowed to take time off. The Virgin donation was RTd on his account presumably by CAN. As I posted previously, judging from the mojo photo the VH sponsorship looks like it was pre-arranged so perhaps he gave his thanks at that point. I've said all I want to say on the subject so I won't keep repeating myself :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a small point...the amount raised is automatically updated everytime someone donates as far as I'm aware...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just a small point...the amount raised is automatically updated everytime someone donates as far as I'm aware...

Online donations, yes. Not offline.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Online donations, yes. Not offline.

There are no offline donations added to his account so far..

I see c Powell gave £250 7/6/13... For all 3 of them
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agreed, but vice versa too. Makes him look good, warm squishy show content (which all brings in ad revenue). When you have to resort to doing 30 minutes on buying tropical fish every little helps.

I do hope ITV contributes, or PA contributes his fee for the episode/s.

Well, that would be a nice/appropriate gesture but really, as long as he makes good on the target, it doesn't matter where it comes from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Usual fountain of generosity from the monstrosity!
  • Options
    artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It does seem strange that he isn't doing at least the same amount of pushing as he does when he is releasing a single or tour dates. And he has "people" who can update the pages for him - all it would take is a nudge.

Half arsed ineptitude should never be excused.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Usual fountain of generosity from the monstrosity!

If I'm honest I'd of expected her to donate much more than that ..considering how much she has made from him
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I'm honest I'd of expected her to donate much more than that ..considering how much she has made from him

My exact thoughts BB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It does seem strange that he isn't doing at least the same amount of pushing as he does when he is releasing a single or tour dates. And he has "people" who can update the pages for him - all it would take is a nudge.

Half arsed ineptitude should never be excused.

Quite. Honestly, you'd think some superior intelligence/effort was required here. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Azura's StarAzura's Star Posts: 3,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There are no offline donations added to his account so far..

Frankly, that is a bloody disgrace.
    Is she taking the ****?
    PA might well have fallen short of his pledged amount, but compared to CP he has done wonders.
  • Options
    Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frankly, that is a bloody disgrace.
    Is she taking the ****?
    PA might well have fallen short of his pledged amount, but compared to CP he has done wonders.

Considering he's made her a millionaire (we've all seen her house and what it's worth) that's rather a shoddy effort.

Are things not all well with CP and her golden goose?
This discussion has been closed.