The Witcher 3

Comments

• Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Normally I'd do that, but this is so big I'd not have time to play anything else this year.
  • Lisa.BLisa.B Posts: 57,275
    Forum Member
    So the 1.10 patch is live... 17GB and over 600 fixes. Just as I was getting hooked into this as well, not long arrived in Velen so I was planning on going back to 100% that prologue area to level up a bit more before starting on the trail for the Baron's missus and kid. Ah well that's what weekends are for.

Have no real clue what's what or what I'm doing, but hack and slash mashing has served me well so far. :D The inventory/crafting systems is not the most user friendly... especially when I think back to Skyrim. I'm a dab hand at Gwent though, so at least all hope isn't lost.
  • YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    There's an update file available for this. Version 1.10

It's 17.25 GB

Wtf ? That's half the size of the game.
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    So the 1.10 patch is live... 17GB and over 600 fixes. Just as I was getting hooked into this as well, not long arrived in Velen so I was planning on going back to 100% that prologue area to level up a bit more before starting on the trail for the Baron's missus and kid. Ah well that's what weekends are for.

Have no real clue what's what or what I'm doing, but hack and slash mashing has served me well so far. :D The inventory/crafting systems is not the most user friendly... especially when I think back to Skyrim. I'm a dab hand at Gwent though, so at least all hope isn't lost.

Oh I didn't see your post before posting the same thing about the update file.

I hope you're not thinking you'll be finished in Valen/Novigrad by the end of the weekend. I just finished there and it took forever to do. I'm in the Skellige Isles now (or Donegal/Belfast) and it looks every bit as big.

I think I might buy the expansion when I'm done. It'll be my first one. I'm usually against the idea of them but when a game is this good :):)
    Forum Member
    Yuffie wrote: »
    Oh I didn't see your post before posting the same thing about the update file.

I hope you're not thinking you'll be finished in Valen/Novigrad by the end of the weekend. I just finished there and it took forever to do. I'm in the Skellige Isles now (or Donegal/Belfast) and it looks every bit as big.

I think I might buy the expansion when I'm done. It'll be my first one. I'm usually against the idea of them but when a game is this good :):)

Not a chance! I'll be lucky if I've cleared out White Orchard, there's way too many distractions in this game to be able to do that, plus I'm going about it as tentatively as possible to avoid mucking up the missable/glitched trophies.
  • ags_ruleags_rule Posts: 19,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's an update file available for this. Version 1.10

It's 17.25 GB

Wtf ? That's half the size of the game.

Utterly pointless update as Skellige's Most Wanted - a bug which EVERY SINGLE CONSOLE PLAYER will encounter - does not appear to have been fixed, while time and resources have been spent fixing endless numbers of rare glitches and making graphics a bit shinier.
  • Kopite79Kopite79 Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new Hearts of Stone DLC is reviewing well. Time for me to jump back in I think.
  • Chelsea SaintChelsea Saint Posts: 2,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »
    The new Hearts of Stone DLC is reviewing well. Time for me to jump back in I think.

Yep, good to see. Don't need it yet though, still have many quests and question marks to complete. Not to mention a spot of freeroam, do it your way stuff. Brilliant release, much respect to Projekt Red.

Hearts of Stone Reviews
  • SSL2010SSL2010 Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kopite79 wrote: »

I'm gunna hold fire till the next expansion comes out. Meaning i'll have around 40hours of new content to get through. Will be like playing a sequel.

Will pain me to wait longer to play Hearts of Stone, but i'd rather play it through all at once, then dive back in and out.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,714
    Forum Member
    Ordered this today, it's only £24.99 (new) from Amazon or game. I best complete The Witcher 2 first, methinks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The new DLC is excellent by the way. Well worth the money if anyone's in two minds about it :)
  • JoystickJoystick Posts: 14,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel really bad I only put 3 hours into this game before not playing it again, just couldn't get into it. But I keep meaning to give it another try because it's the sort of games I like.
  • OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Is it standalone DLC? I know longer have the game but still have my game save
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OMTT wrote: »
    Is it standalone DLC? I know longer have the game but still have my game save

Nah, you'll need the game to play it.
    Forum Member
    Woodbine wrote: »
    I feel really bad I only put 3 hours into this game before not playing it again, just couldn't get into it. But I keep meaning to give it another try because it's the sort of games I like.

Last time I looked I had put 15 days into the game .. And I'm still not near finished .. And I haven't touched any DLC yet.
    Forum Member
    Came across 2 bugs tonight, that never happened before the update a day or two ago.

The first is where Geralt goes up some steps but then his legs go all wonky. If I fast travel somewhere it puts them back to normal until I have to go up more steps.

Video : Runnin like a Jackass

The other bug is when I kill someone they just instantly freeze in the position I killed them.

Video: Statues of Death
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    Heart of stone is excellent. Its more of the same of course, but a particularly good example of what the witcher 3 does.

Its also incredibly tough in places
    Did any one else find the Caretaker and all the von everecs very hard to beat? The caretaker was ok once you had figured out his regen pattern, but the von everecs were hard to the very end with all blocking and the glowy red sword. I found them both way harder than any fight in the main game.

Cant wait for the next expansion now!
  • Vast_GirthVast_Girth Posts: 9,793
    Forum Member
    What astonishes me about this game is that i have put around 130 hours in now and i am still hungry for more! Even the my very favourite long games, Skyrim, New Vegas, etc i have gotten bored of them around the 70-80 hour mark.

I truly believe Witcher 3 is the best game ever made. Cant wait for Cyberpunk!
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I finally finished this yesterday! I was actually a bit sad, I've been working on it for 5 months and now it's over. I know there is DLC, but that doesn't extend the main story with Ciri so it just isn't the same.

It's so weird that I feel this way about it, because I was so desperate to be done with it, I thought I was never going to finish. I always get like that with these big games (that's why they aren't my favourite) I get to a point where I'm just over it and want it done. Now that it is done I can say that I loved it, it did sag in the middle, I didn't particularly like the Novagrad section, I could have done without the 10 hour search for Dandelion and Triss does nothing for me, but when I moved on to Skellige it picked up nicely.

Please make DLC with just Ciri! I love her.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've completed it twice so far. I made different choices with Triss and Yennefer, amongst others, and got two different endings. Now the DLC is out I might just pick up from one of my old save files. I was intending to play through a third time but I'm not sure if I can do it, to be honest. I do love the game but the more I played the more the minor niggles I had with it grew to irritate me, plus I don't think I can face the whole Novigrad/Dandelion thing again.
    Forum Member
    1 Day and nearly 5hrs I've put into it so far. Finally in Irela--I mean Skellige. Doing some lower level quests I've got here, opening up the notice boards and going to trawl the Innkeepers for Gwent cards before getting back to the main quest and meeting up with Yennifer.

Completed the Gwent tourney a few days ago, so it's just all the cards in Skellige I need now from the Skellige Style quest, Innkeepers and any few remaining random cards still floating around. Determined to get that Card Collector trophy, Gwent has been one of my favourite things about this game.
    Forum Member
    Lisa.B wrote: »
    1 Day and nearly 5hrs I've put into it so far. Finally in Irela--I mean Skellige. Doing some lower level quests I've got here, opening up the notice boards and going to trawl the Innkeepers for Gwent cards before getting back to the main quest and meeting up with Yennifer.

Completed the Gwent tourney a few days ago, so it's just all the cards in Skellige I need now from the Skellige Style quest, Innkeepers and any few remaining random cards still floating around. Determined to get that Card Collector trophy, Gwent has been one of my favourite things about this game.

I love Gwent too. I thought that tournament in Novigrad was really hard. The girl was the hardest, I think it was the second game, she had so many spy cards that she had double the amount of cards I had at times. But after at least ten attempts I did it.

You're only on 29 hours ? Are you sure ? Have you left loads of stuff in Novigrad / Valen to do ? What level are you.
    Forum Member
    I love Gwent too. I thought that tournament in Novigrad was really hard. The girl was the hardest, I think it was the second game, she had so many spy cards that she had double the amount of cards I had at times. But after at least ten attempts I did it.

You're only on 29 hours ? Are you sure ? Have you left loads of stuff in Novigrad / Valen to do ? What level are you.

I've stuck with the Northern Realms deck throughout, took me 3 attempts against her once I worked out trimming my deck down and loading my deck with all the decoys to use the spy cards back at her. Plus I had the siege lady and Yen in my hand to revive discarded spy cards against her.

Yeah I'm nearly 31hrs now. There's still over 80 question marks in that area, plus higher level contracts, gear, etc I'm not ready to attempt yet. I'm level 20 at the minute rocking some Enhanced Griffin gear.
  • shaddlershaddler Posts: 11,574
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I couldn't get on with Gwent at all. I haven't persisted with it in either of my playthroughs.

I checked my old saves and one of them is level 34 with the maxed out Griffin set, so that's the one I'll use when Hearts of Stone finishes downloading. I found a signs build to be hilariously overpowered, especially with upgraded Yrden.