lego Dimensions

dave_windowsdave_windows Posts: 5,937
Forum Member
Anyone buy this? Id like to know what levels the starter pack has

Comments

• Options
    ShotDownInFlameShotDownInFlame Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    I did. You get the entire story mode with the base pack but you can only play as Wyldestyle, Batman and Gandalf meaning you only have limited abilities so most secret areas can't be accessed unless you pay for extra characters.

Also there's an "Adventure Mode" where you get a lot more missions but almost all of these are locked out until you buy the respective toy packs.

So the base game really does try hard to push the toys on you, I'd still recommend it though as it's a genuinely funny and fun game but just be cautious as it does tempt you with the packs.
  • Options
    hxbrohxbro Posts: 2,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how does it compare to disney infinity - my daughter is enjoying playing that
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hxbro wrote: »

Personally speaking I would say it's a lot better than disney infinity, there's a lot here that would appeal to people of all ages where as Disney Infinity mainly appeals to kids specifically.

Not to mention, the story mode as it goes on is genuinely great, although I can imagine young children struggling with the Portal level for example (not gonna lie I sat there for half an hour wondering what the hell I was meant to do before it hit me).

All in all though now that I've had a lot more hands on time with it I would recommend it if your kid loves Disney Infinity, just be prepared though because this game really does try its best to get you to buy the various packs and that will set you back a fair bit.
  • Options
    hazydayzhazydayz Posts: 6,909
    Forum Member
    They should do a Lego game but like Minecraft where you can take the Lego blocks and build things.
  • Options
    sithlord3ksithlord3k Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hazydayz wrote: »
    They should do a Lego game but like Minecraft where you can take the Lego blocks and build things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frRfo4sKxtk
  • Options
    MC_SatanMC_Satan Posts: 26,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://ldd.lego.com/en-gb/

Not a game as such but does what you ask want.
  • Options
    rehmanmohamedrehmanmohamed Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hxbro wrote: »

It's completely different.

Lego Dimensions doesn't have any online element and you can't deign your own levels or worlds.

Dimensions has a much more varied single player experience and the good things is that the level expansion packs have trophies (which Infinity does not).

In Infinity, you just place the figures on the base and that is it unless you wish to swap them to use a different character.

Dimensions is much more interactive as you have to move the figures to different areas of the base to solve different puzzles.

If you prefer single player and building lego, dimensions is ideal. If you prefer online and building your own levels then Infinity is better.
  • Options
    IceWarriorIceWarrior Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I was going to buy the starter pack for my Xbox 360. But when I looked at the box it states 'internet connection required.' As I don't hook up my console to the internet, I won't be buying it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    IceWarrior wrote: »
    I was going to buy the starter pack for my Xbox 360. But when I looked at the box it states 'internet connection required.' As I don't hook up my console to the internet, I won't be buying it.

I'm not exactly sure why it said that, there's no online gameplay at all and absolutely no reason to connect it to the internet at any point that I can think of.
  • Options
    IceWarriorIceWarrior Posts: 215
    Forum Member
    I asked them why I need an internet connection and they said I'll need it to download the content update.