lastminute.com in "television first" this Saturday

drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apologies if there's already a thread for this; looked but couldn't see one.

I got an email from lastminute.com saying:
We're creating a television first - and we want you to be part of it. Tune into ITV on Saturday 28 February at 9.50pm. Three 60 second adverts will be aired, straight after each other, starting on ITV, moving to Channel 4 and then ending on Channel 5.

It's going to be the world's first Mexican wave of thumbs up... spanning the channels and spreading the good stuff, right around the UK. Watch the three adverts and guess the number of thumbs you see.
Come back here and tell us how many thumbs you think you saw. Simple!

("here" being some link back to the lastminute web site.)

I suppose I'll tune in if I remember, since I'm vaguely curious how this will work. Two things puzzle me:

1) Will each one tell you to where to turn over to see the next one? I can't imagine many stations being happy with an advert that encourages viewers to turn over to a rival station. Although in these troubled times for advertising I doubt if broadcasters are in much of a position to turn anything down...

2) How much of a gap would be inbetween each one? I'd have thought the closer they are together, the better it will work from a viewing experience point-of-view. But there's no chance of any of the broadcasters going out the way to synchronise their ads with each other, so if any of them are running late then the whole thing will fall apart. So I guess maybe there's an element of risk built into is as per the live Honda advert that Ch4 showed last year.