Final Fantasy 7 is 18: 18 facts about the game

wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
Forum Member

Comments

• Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    18 is a bit of an odd anniversary to celebrate.

Are we at the stage now with technology where the in game graphics can match the animations used for the FMV parts?
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    This game has only sold 10 million copies ?

I kinda feel like I've bought it about 10 million times.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yuffie wrote: »
    This game has only sold 10 million copies ?

I kinda feel like I've bought it about 10 million times.

I've only bought it twice. Once as the PSOne CD and once as a PS3 PSOne download.
  • Options
    YuffieYuffie Posts: 9,864
    Forum Member
    I've only bought it twice. Once as the PSOne CD and once as a PS3 PSOne download.

Even if we take you as a normal consumer. If everyone bought it twice, like you, then only 5 million people have played this masterpiece. :o While each CoD sells tens of millions each year :o

Something is wrong with the world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Even if we take you as a normal consumer. If everyone bought it twice, like you, then only 5 million people have played this masterpiece. :o While each CoD sells tens of millions each year :o

Well it isn't really a game you can dip into, unlike COD type games. :)

But I do agree that people are missing out on a master piece of gaming and storytelling if they haven't played it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Same here.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another who bought it twice here. First on the Playstation, then last year on Steam for PC. Haven't got round to playing it on Steam yet.
  • Options
    KillerCloudKillerCloud Posts: 1,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    3 times for me, one on disk, one psn and one on steam.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    More people buy CoD in the same way that more people buy The Sun than The Times, ie. It's less a reflection on the quality of the product and more a reflection on society at large.
  • Options
    Tal'shiarTal'shiar Posts: 2,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree mate, too many people are buying into trite, poorly told stories, awful gameplay, simplistic engagement (combat in these twos cases), a weird fetish for young men, far too little interaction, ham fisted emotional content.

More people should play CoD than messing about with some perverts pedo fantasy :P
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,946
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    More people buy CoD in the same way that more people buy The Sun than The Times, ie. It's less a reflection on the quality of the product and more a reflection on society at large.

COD is far more accessible and 'normal', I loved FF7, but I can see why many people wouldn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    COD is far more accessible and 'normal', I loved FF7, but I can see why many people wouldn't.

Indeed. The majority of people want something that's easily accessible. In gaming terms that's something like CoD where you can largely 'hit and run'. In news terms, most people just want things presented to them in the simplest terms, The Sun.
  • Options
    walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,946
    Forum Member
    Bester wrote: »
    Indeed. The majority of people want something that's easily accessible. In gaming terms that's something like CoD where you can largely 'hit and run'. In news terms, most people just want things presented to them in the simplest terms, The Sun.

I can still remember many a late night on FF waiting for a huge cutscene to finish so I could save the game.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I can still remember many a late night on FF waiting for a huge cutscene to finish so I could save the game.:D

:D I remember that pain! Isn't there one in Nibelheim that's about 45 minutes long? Certainly seemed like it was that long!
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Even some attacks took forever such as knights of the round. I wish you could have skipped those.
  • Options
    DandemDandem Posts: 13,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    14. There is a surprisingly offensive line of dialogue between Tifa and Barret if you opt to sneak into the Shinra Building the back way.

I'm curious as to what this line is. I always opt to bust through the front door when I reach the Shinra Building.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I'm curious as to what this line is. I always opt to bust through the front door when I reach the Shinra Building.

I always took the stairs but don't remember anything offensive. Just watched a video of it and can only imagine it being.....
    Tifa calling Barret a retard.

He's moaning about how many stairs there are the whole way up. Not far from the top, he says, "Marlene, Daddy wanted to see your face one more time....."

Tifa then says "Would you stop acting like a retard and climb!?"
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    Thats the line referred to yes. I did put it in the article but the sub editor took it out.
  • Options
    RubricalRubrical Posts: 2,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only today I realised Ifrit isn't actually pronounced the way I've been pronouncing it all these years.

For some reason I thought it had a second F and I would say 'Ifrift' instead.

It's been so long I don't think I can snap out of calling him Ifrift.

Very odd indeed.