Options

How Quantum Leap Should Have Ended

seiko456seiko456 Posts: 1,442
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I've always wonder why Quantum Leap never ended its series with the following.

Sam leaps into his OWN Body 5mins before he was about to entry the Quantum Leap machince..

Comments

• Options
    Ethel_FredEthel_Fred Posts: 34,127
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Boy.

But it would mean one version of Sam would be in the reception area - and travelling Sam would have memories of all the people Sam would become.

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    If he stopped himself from doing it he would have saved all thoses people inc his brother.

Plus he wouldn't be there to stop himself.
  • Options
    MotthusMotthus Posts: 7,280
    Forum Member
    This is one show that I always wondered why they never tried to bring it back
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Motthus wrote: »

I think because the show is so beloved and held in such high regard, they may not want to tarnish it's legacy.
  • Options
    James FrederickJames Frederick Posts: 53,184
    Forum Member
    Motthus wrote: »

They have thought about it one plan was Sam gets lost in time and his daughter from The Trilogy becomes the new leaper to look for him.
  • Options
    Our KidOur Kid Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    There was a fan made Quantum leap on Youtube a bit back called a leap for Di, not sure if it's still on there mind.

Think there has been mumblings of a film now and again.

Poor Sam, he's still leaping around somewhere, but who is he using for guidance now??
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Our Kid wrote: »
    There was a fan made Quantum leap on Youtube a bit back called a leap for Di, not sure if it's still on there mind.

Think there has been mumblings of a film now and again.

Poor Sam, he's still leaping around somewhere, but who is he using for guidance now??

That film was Source Code. Brilliant movie from David Bowie's son and clearly an updated Quantum Leap. He acknowledged as such and Sam even appears on the phone in it in a cameo scene (voice only) saying 'Oh boy!'

There has been talk of a Source Code based TV series over the past couple of years but that has gone quiet.

As Quantum Leap was from the creator of NCIS and there has been much continuity of universe in the JAG/NCIS series I had hoped for an NCIS episode about a secret naval project that goes kaka.

The new NCIS series (New Orleans) starting on 5 this week reunites Sam - Scott Bakula (who will play the lead NCIS agent in the series) and Al (who is in an upcoming episode as a retired cop). We can hope for an in joke or two.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    If he stopped himself from doing it he would have saved all thoses people inc his brother.

And Al, essentially.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think because the show is so beloved and held in such high regard, they may not want to tarnish it's legacy.

Alas if someone thinks they can make a quick buck then legacy won't matter much :(