Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo, please see your Email.

Thanks.
  • daniel99daniel99 Posts: 12,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    my Tevion 28208ALD says the channel is encrypted in BISS

BISS is an encryption that is mostly used by Feeds.
  • Digi ManDigi Man Posts: 18,791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

'HD Retail Info' has EPG data saying "..programmes no longer available".

Wonder if Sky will launch 'UHD Retail Info' to replace it?
  • jimbojimbo Posts: 16,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Update

'HD Retail Info' has EPG data saying "..programmes no longer available".

Wonder if Sky will launch 'UHD Retail Info' to replace it?

Sky On Demand HD1 which shared capacity with it is currently off air as well but can have 24 hours a day now.

It therefore looks like an expansion of On Demand delivery has meant this channel has been removed. However, Retail bouquet was scrapped when the HD Swap came in as bouquets 5-8 which are now called "HD" used to be called "Retail".

It has taken Sky ages to pull the plug on this barker channel.

Currently at no signal but still on EPG for now.
  • JSemple3JSemple3 Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Why have they never removed Sky insider HD? (889) When was the last time it showed anything? I know it's for sky employees I think but it's never been used very much
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JSemple3 wrote: »
    Why have they never removed Sky insider HD? (889) When was the last time it showed anything? I know it's for sky employees I think but it's never been used very much

It comes on air around 2 hours a week, usually on a Wednesday around 2000-2200 or thereabouts. It shares with Sky On Demand HD3 which is air on this space at all other times of the week. It would only have given them an extra two hours worth of delivery time and they probably needed more.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

'HD Retail Info' has now been removed from Sky EPG 997.

Currently at 'No signal' off the EPG on 10.862 H, 23.000, 2/3, DVB-S2, 8PSK.
  • ocavocav Posts: 2,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    It comes on air around 2 hours a week, usually on a Wednesday around 2000-2200 or thereabouts. It shares with Sky On Demand HD3 which is air on this space at all other times of the week. It would only have given them an extra two hours worth of delivery time and they probably needed more.

Can you tune into the On Demand HD feeds?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jimbo wrote: »
    Sky On Demand HD1 which shared capacity with it is currently off air as well but can have 24 hours a day now.

It therefore looks like an expansion of On Demand delivery has meant this channel has been removed. However, Retail bouquet was scrapped when the HD Swap came in as bouquets 5-8 which are now called "HD" used to be called "Retail".

It has taken Sky ages to pull the plug on this barker channel.

Currently at no signal but still on EPG for now.
    Yep, fair enough about the transponder capacity being use to expand 'On Demand HD1'.

In terms of the EPG number though, it wouldn't surprise me if a 'UHD Retail Info' appears (obviously only on compatible boxes if/when Sky launch them) at some point in the future.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ocav wrote: »
    Can you tune into the On Demand HD feeds?

I can see a blank label but can't watch them. All these On Demand streams of which there are 5 - two in SD and three in HD - have an empty channel label where the video stream is and a data channel labelled "Anytime" on the transponders in question with the programme titles. The empty label contains the start and end times only. This is similar to how Sky Box Office is broadcast.
  • methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Digi Man wrote: »
    Yep, fair enough about the transponder capacity being use to expand 'On Demand HD1'.

In terms of the EPG number though, it wouldn't surprise me if a 'UHD Retail Info' appears (obviously only on compatible boxes if/when Sky launch them) at some point in the future.

I hope Sky launch a UHD service fairly soon, there seems to be more and more content filmed in 4K which can only be a good thing and the prices of UHD TVs are becoming more affordable.
  • Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for Sky to charge £25 a month to access 4K channels.... Because you know they will.
    Forum Member
    Can't wait for Sky to charge £25 a month to access 4K channels.... Because you know they will.

If Sky start a 4K service and charge for it then I think they should drop the subscription for the HD service.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

11.585 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK is a copy of 11.390 H, 27.500, 2/3, DVB-S, QPSK.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    If Sky start a 4K service and charge for it then I think they should drop the subscription for the HD service.

HD to sky is still a premium product so charging for it will remain for years to come.

BTW, have the spec's for UHD broadcasting been set for Europe then?
    Forum Member
    popeye13 wrote: »
    HD to sky is still a premium product so charging for it will remain for years to come.

BTW, have the spec's for UHD broadcasting been set for Europe then?

I don't know as you put it wether the specs for UHD broadcasting have been set up or not but all I know is my TV is future proof as when I bought my tv Samsaung were giving away the UHD pack which future proofed your TV.
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member

What that ID its setup certainly as a feed its weird it's here on 28.2e
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Update

12.515 H, 22.000, 5/6, DVB-S, QPSK.

'Samaa' is now back on air.

Noticed this late yesterday.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know as you put it wether the specs for UHD broadcasting have been set up or not but all I know is my TV is future proof as when I bought my tv Samsaung were giving away the UHD pack which future proofed your TV.

What if frame rates and colour spacing specs are higher than what is in your Samsung tv?
    The people who decide the final broadcast UHD specs could effectively make all current UHD TVs obsolete before UHD becomes available over the air properly!
    Obviously there is likely to be a sub standard output from UHD receiving equipment to cater for the early adopters of UHD TVs so you could still watch UHD content but not the way it was intended.
    I guess UHD films would be ok though as they will be 24p!
  • HarshadHarshad Posts: 5,996
    Forum Member

rescanned it nothings changed just a change in ID and two soundtracks rather then three.
  • TV DUNIYATV DUNIYA Posts: 6,772
    Forum Member
    TV5 Monde is currently free to air,does anyone know if its a temporary move or permanent?
    Thanks.
    Hi to all the regulars.
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    lotrjw wrote: »
    What if frame rates and colour spacing specs are higher than what is in your Samsung tv?
    The people who decide the final broadcast UHD specs could effectively make all current UHD TVs obsolete before UHD becomes available over the air properly!
    Obviously there is likely to be a sub standard output from UHD receiving equipment to cater for the early adopters of UHD TVs so you could still watch UHD content but not the way it was intended.
    I guess UHD films would be ok though as they will be 24p!
    Personally I would nowadays take any assertion that something technological was "future proofed" with a very large container of salt!
    :)
  • davemurgatroyddavemurgatroyd Posts: 13,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Pray tell how an addon HDD recorder futureproofs a TV?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    'News 18 India' is moving to the 'International' genre on the 3rd March, details here- http://www.media247.co.uk/bizasia/news18-india-to-move-on-sky-epg-adds-new-shows-2015
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,416
    Forum Member
    TV DUNIYA wrote: »
    TV5 Monde is currently free to air,does anyone know if its a temporary move or permanent?
    Thanks.
    Hi to all the regulars.

It's also being reported as being clear and unencrypted on Kingofsat too. Whether it's temporary or permanent, I don't know.

(This is the channel under discussion - http://www.tv5monde.com/cms/eng/p-23729-s1-z176-lg3-Homepage.htm - 11426 V 27500 2/3)
This discussion has been closed.