Ridiculous Freecycle Wanted Adverts

2»

Comments

• DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I advertised a table and 3 chairs on freecycle. I let it go in about july last year. January this year, it appeared on a local facebook for sale group. They had posted up really clear pictures, so I could see the marks my son had scratched into the side of the top!.

I got rid of a fridgefreezer last weekend, the guy the fetched it say its off to slovakia....

Ive seen wanted adverts for ps3 and xbox360 consoles, and the kinect as well as flatscreen tellys.
  • FizzbinFizzbin Posts: 36,827
    Forum Member
    Charnham wrote: »
    to be fair I once saw a wireless keyboard advertised, said I would take it, but of course I was far too late.

I did consider making a request.

But you didn't. Like most people would do, you waited until another was offered - if ever.

ps, if I look to my right, & down on the floor... there's an unwanted wireless keyboard. :p
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizzbin wrote: »
    ps, if I look to my right, & down on the floor... there's an unwanted wireless keyboard. :p
    if you lived somewhere closer to me, I would consider asking for it, but as it stand thats not an option.

scorpio man well you shouldnt have mentioned you were going to Texas ;)
  • Biffo the BearBiffo the Bear Posts: 25,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about putting some TVs on Freecycle. I've got four spare televisions in my apartment (don't ask) and they're sort of cluttering up a corner.

Do people just turn up, collect and bye bye? I don't want to hang around demonstrating them etc. They work, so if I advertise them as working, available to good home etc. that should be ok?
  • hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was thinking about putting some TVs on Freecycle. I've got four spare televisions in my apartment (don't ask) and they're sort of cluttering up a corner.

Do people just turn up, collect and bye bye? I don't want to hang around demonstrating them etc. They work, so if I advertise them as working, available to good home etc. that should be ok?

Well when you post an ad, you can discuss this over email when you tell people that replied your address before they come and pick it up.
  • CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,381
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    one person who collected from me, just asked me to leave it on the door step, when I went out and she collected it, its not a social experince in my experince.
  • hassanhassan Posts: 3,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried for a Chainsaw some weeks ago, it was disallowed. :mad:
    Maybe they thought I was considering using it for a massacre. :eek: :D

lol :D