Celebrities who get an easy time from the press

12346»

Comments

• LyceumLyceum Posts: 3,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Beyonce can't seem to do any wrong.

And I ways wondered why George Best, an alcoholic, wife beating cheat was portrayed as a legend because could kick a ball.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FishyFoo wrote: »
    Got to be Kate Skanky Moss. Total druggie and should still be on that council estate in Croydon but the press seem to love her. A great role model, my arse !

It's not true that she lived in a Croydon council estate. The idea that she did is just to add to her blase, "bad girl got lucky" public image. Kate Moss grew up in a suburban, middle-sized, middle class house in quite a nice street in Sanderstead, next door to my aunt.

My aunt doesn't know Kate personally because she's 16 years older than her, before any of you ask what she's like! :P
  • SirMickTravisSirMickTravis Posts: 2,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Branson is a good one. Otherwise the usual suspects like Beckham, Cheryl, Cowell etc are the obvious ones. Julia Roberts is another who seems to get very little trouble.
  • FingersAndToesFingersAndToes Posts: 9,956
    Forum Member
    Julia Roberts is another who seems to get very little trouble.

Yep. There are lot of posts on forums, how horrible she is as a person, hard to work with. She went after her now husband (who was married at the time) with all she had, got him, and trashed the then wife everywhere and anyway she could, yet she is somehow painted as some sort of sweetheart.

George Clooney seems to be getting only good press, even though he seems like the worst womanizer ever.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    sunstone wrote: »
    *coughs* Carter Ruck.

This is certainly true in the case of a couple of well known ex footballers who like to maintain their squeaky clean, happy family man type images. Money buys the silence of the press sadly.
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsMacBeth wrote: »
    This is certainly true in the case of a couple of well known ex footballers who like to maintain their squeaky clean, happy family man type images. Money buys the silence of the press sadly.

One wonders why a certain crisp loving ex footballer's many affairs during his first marriage have never been revealed by the press?
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Yep. There are lot of posts on forums, how horrible she is as a person, hard to work with. She went after her now husband (who was married at the time) with all she had, got him, and trashed the then wife everywhere and anyway she could, yet she is somehow painted as some sort of sweetheart.

George Clooney seems to be getting only good press, even though he seems like the worst womanizer ever.

She must get an easy time from the press because ive never heard that about her.....interesting.
  • Daisy BennybootsDaisy Bennyboots Posts: 18,375
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Friends in the tabloid media, 'good will' agreements, management paying tabloids to feature their client and report on them favorably, all these kind of things go on.

I find this an interesting read: http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/writs-expose-relationship-between-desmond-owned-titles-and-katie-prices-former-agent
  • Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Friends in the tabloid media, 'good will' agreements, management paying tabloids to feature their client and report on them favorably, all these kind of things go on.

I find this an interesting read: http://www.pressgazette.co.uk/writs-expose-relationship-between-desmond-owned-titles-and-katie-prices-former-agent

I bet they do, I'm sure Simon Cowell pays the press to only print good things about him. If anyone else had gotten a friends wife up the duff they'd be torn apart for it.