Digital Spy going to get a complete revamp according to Media Guardian

THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
Forum Member
According to the MediaGuardian section in The Guardian in an interview with James Welsh the head man of Digital Spy, he says that Digital Spy is going to get a complete revamp in the near future. The articles title for anyone wanting to read it is;
Entertainment and tech site Digital Spy casts off its disguise with a revamp.
Ian.

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Suggests its more the content (news etc ) which I never ever read that is getting a revamp as opposed to the forums which may just get some new pretty colours
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    Ambassador wrote: »
    Suggests its more the content (news etc ) which I never ever read that is getting a revamp as opposed to the forums which may just get some new pretty colours

I hope its not the forums. Because another well known TV and Media forum changed completely and it's now far more difficult to find the right sections that you want to post in or read.
    Ian.
  • AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,332
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    I hope its not the forums. Because another well known TV and Media forum changed completely and it's now far more difficult to find the right sections that you want to post in or read.
    Ian.

AV? I think we'll see a lot more content that you can share on Facebook/Twitter (top 10 Irish haircut type guff)
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    I like the forums the way they are so DS please, no changy changy

The news site however..... Meh
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • zz9zz9 Posts: 10,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A separate TV licence forum?
  • THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,447
    Forum Member
    zz9 wrote: »

That's a very good idea.
    Ian.
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member

LOL That would melt down in seconds
  • Gary_LandyFanGary_LandyFan Posts: 3,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It wiuld needs its own dedicated server to run on too.
  • xp95xp95 Posts: 2,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    popeye13 wrote: »
    LOL That would melt down in seconds
    :D:D:D:D
  • henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Digital Spy is the envy of the world. Especially the broadcasting forum.
  • fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope it will not be like AV Forums which is really hard to use now.
  • td1983td1983 Posts: 2,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope they don't change the look of these forums too much, I like them the way they are, thankyou! I wouldn't want them to change the name, either. I'm amazed this site hasn't got a massive profile, it always seems to have the busiest forums anywhere on the internet to me. I came here ten years ago to get Freeview news, but now I can also come here for info on so much more, it's my favourite website.
  • RadiogramRadiogram Posts: 3,515
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That will reduce the traffic in the Broadcasting forum by about 70% though.:D

AV Forums is a dogs breakfast now and as a result I hardly visit there except to use the classifieds.
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some new posters too hopefully!
  • BeethovensPianoBeethovensPiano Posts: 11,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmm i'm not sure i'm excited about this. they changed them slightly a couple of years ago and swiftly changed back because of the forum users less than enthusiastic reaction.
  • mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hendero wrote: »
    Digital Spy is the envy of the world. Especially the broadcasting forum.

I trust that you are jesting.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have a forum for people who wish to criticise the BBC regardless of whether they get their facts right or not ?

Also a dedicated forum for those who have TV sets they cannot switch off or switch over and are forced to watch programmes they don't like against their will and compelled to complain about them afterwards ?
  • Tony RichardsTony Richards Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member

Never visit it now. I can't find the broadcasting forums that I used to look at. Please don't wreck DS - it's great the way it is!
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    I hope they don't change the layout of the forums. I like the clean layout of DS forums. If they ever allowed users to have avatars and signatures and that kinda stuff I would stop using it. It would become too slow and cluttered.
  • ShrewnShrewn Posts: 6,840
    Forum Member
    There was a survey a while back on here as to what improvements you'd like to see - I can't remember when it was.
    The news site needs beefing up
  • omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,811
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder if this Broadcasting forum will stay at the top? It doesn't really fit in with the celebrity/showbiz led news pages. The last time DS was revamped Broadcasting was moved further down the list, but returned to the top within a few hours.
  • NightdeamonNightdeamon Posts: 3,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    check it out now - its different to say the least! :eek:
  • Zac QuinnZac Quinn Posts: 5,172
    Forum Member
    It's horrid! On the main pages, the bar at the top is far too deep. The forums look a forgotten mess - and how do you even access them from the homepage. Better luck next time DS.